Really Good Beer

kmoney

Hall of Fame
austin-powers.jpg

:banana:

Selaphiel

Having a lovely bottle of Weihenstephaner hefeweissbier tonight. Very refreshing beer with a lovely banana and spicy taste and aroma.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
My favorite beer has been my homebrew. I need to get off my rear end and make a lot more.
I have yet to have the chance to try even ONE glass of homemade beer. And time is running out.

I am one of those occasional drinkers who is more partial to beer rather than ale. For some reason, the taste of even the most so-called excellent ales always has a bitter undertaste for me. It never tastes anything remotely like beer should taste in my opinion.

Very few places I have been to serve their beer at a cold enough temperature for me. I think I like it just this side of forming ice crystals in the bottle (I seldom drink cans for this very reason).

And one beer is totally fine with me. More than two and my fuzzy demeanor interferes with my living a good life. I don't like getting drunk because I used to practice getting that way often when I was younger.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Lately, I have thoroughly enjoyed both Dunegras and Anger from Greenbush. Two IPAs that not only knock the ball out of the park, they shatter a few windshields in the parking lot as well!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Lately, I have thoroughly enjoyed both Dunegras and Anger from Greenbush. Two IPAs that not only knock the ball out of the park, they shatter a few windshields in the parking lot as well!

the only reason to drink an ipa
is
you don't have the time or the money to drink a few beers

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I actually do hamburger steaks on the grill
and
the beer I drink while doing it is better than any ipa I have ever tried

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Latey, though this isn't a beer, I've been drinking hard cider, Angry Orchard. Cheaper than the gluten free beer.

gcthomas

I've saved a bottle of Hobgoblin to have with a DVD tonight. Strong and hoppy.

Our PM David Cameron gave Obama a bottle at the G20, but he responded that he would drink it chilled! Heathen.

hobgoblin-6.jpg

This Charming Manc

Its not a good pint anyway.

I've got bored or real ales anyway... I know but i think i'm now living in a post CAMERA age

I've saved a bottle of Hobgoblin to have with a DVD tonight. Strong and hoppy.

Our PM David Cameron gave Obama a bottle at the G20, but he responded that he would drink it chilled! Heathen.

hobgoblin-6.jpg

GuySmiley

I am an amber ale kind of guy

don't really like those hoppy beers
but
obviously they are making somebody hoppy
Me too. But I recently discovered that its only the bitterness, especially in the aftertaste, that I don't like from the hops. I really like the flavor and aroma. I just started homebrewing and I have a pale ale experiment fermenting right now to see if I can brew something hoppy that I like, without so much bitterness.

But I really love Ambers, Scottish Ales, and Belgians.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Me too. But I recently discovered that its only the bitterness, especially in the aftertaste, that I don't like from the hops. I really like the flavor and aroma. I just started homebrewing and I have a pale ale experiment fermenting right now to see if I can brew something hoppy that I like, without so much bitterness.

my son brews his own
that is a lot of work
my rules are:
drink local
drink draft
drink ale
drink amber
try anything once

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If I had any motivation at all I would make more Bitter Amber. It had just the right amount of hops and the aftertaste was very smooth.

Selaphiel

Just poured myself a rather meaty beer. A Konrad's Stout from Lervig brewers reserve series. It is a Russian Imperial Stout. It clocks in at 10,4%, so better take it slow :eek:

Nice powdered dark chocolate (like the start of a chocolate truffle), espresso and a nice roasted almost leathery aftertaste. Surprisingly fizzy for a stout, some alcohol on the taste, but not much, especially considering the strength of this beer.