Really Good Beer

Son of Jack

I'm having an Abita Amber tonight. I really wanted an Abita Strawberry. I had a taste yesterday, and it was excellent. The Amber is good too.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm having an Abita Amber tonight. I really wanted an Abita Strawberry. I had a taste yesterday, and it was excellent. The Amber is good too.

I've had the Abita Restoration Ale. It's good. And some of the proceeds go to help restore New Orleans (Hurricane Katrina).

Also, right now I have a sampler case by the Great Lakes Brewing Company. I've had 3 so far. Dortmunder Gold Lager, Eliot Ness Amber Lager, and Burning River Pale Ale. All were pretty good. I'm not a big pale ale fan but I did enjoy this one. The last one is the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hirter, Zipfer, and Gösser.

Stiegl, however, is the most overrated beer ever.
I sure miss ordering Ein Pils every evening for dinner. They were always good no matter what the local brand was.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The title is pretty much self-explanatory. This can be a thread where you discuss good beer. Tell us about your favorites. Tell us about new beer you've tried. Make suggestions about beer we should try.:cheers:

Tonight, I am drinking Red Brick Wee Heavy Ale. It is smooth and has a nice finish. Recently, the state of Mississippi passed a law allowing beer making to brew and import "high gravity" beers in the state. This is one example.

Another beer I really like is Sam Adams Octoberfest. Delicious.

Finally, I really enjoy Blue Moon.

Don't see the need. If they taste just like Guinness, then there's no need for them.

If they don't, they aren't good enough.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I had Miller Lite last night. :noid:

My BIL used to work at one of the plants that made it back in the late seventies.

They couldn't sell it out of the company store - they'd give it away to any of the employees who'd take it.

I used to load up the trunk of my 68 Camaro convertible with cases of Miller and Lowenbrau Dark at 3 and 4 bucks a case and go visit friends at a nearby college.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
My BIL used to work at one of the plants that made it back in the late seventies.

They couldn't sell it out of the company store - they'd give it away to any of the employees who'd take it.

I used to load up the trunk of my 68 Camaro convertible with cases of Miller and Lowenbrau Dark at 3 and 4 bucks a case and go visit friends at a nearby college.
I think it could be fun to work for a brewery.

I trust you and your friends were all of age. :plain:

I wish I could get $3/case. :cheers:

Spitfire

Speaking of mass-brewing: I'm surprised at how many people seem to be unaware that their beloved Blue Moon is just as mass produced as most of the beer they turn their noses up at.

Spitfire

Hmmmm... Guinness is an interesting case. People who like Guinness similarly consider it to be evidence of their superior taste, but despite that no one seems to be under the same impression that it isn't massively macro-brewed.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I just like it. Since I have practically no sense of what's good or not good in wine, I'm thinking that bitter with some toasty overtones is just what I like.

PureX

The whole idea of a beer snob seems counter-intuitive to me. Beer is whatever comes out of the tap at the bar on the corner. You drink, you burp, you pee, and you're happy.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking of mass-brewing: I'm surprised at how many people seem to be unaware that their beloved Blue Moon is just as mass produced as most of the beer they turn their noses up at.

Correct

Blue Moon is brewed by Coors

At first Coors intentionally tried to mislead people

"In 1999, the Confederation des Brasseries de Belgique (The Confederation of Belgian Breweries) sued the then-named Coors Brewing Company over its use of the term "Belgian White." The CBB alleged Coors' advertising was misleading, and could confuse American consumers into believing Blue Moon was made in Belgium. Coors at first responded by adding "Made in USA" and "Belgian-style" in small print to the bottle labels, but refused to change its advertising or packaging"

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The whole idea of a beer snob seems counter-intuitive to me. Beer is whatever comes out of the tap at the bar on the corner. You drink, you burp, you pee, and you're happy.
:rotfl: I have to drink a gluten free beer--Red Bridge.