Really Good Beer

Selaphiel

The whole idea of a beer snob seems counter-intuitive to me. Beer is whatever comes out of the tap at the bar on the corner. You drink, you burp, you pee, and you're happy.

I have to disagree. I do not like the label "beer snob" though, snobbery is not good. I think one can be enthusiastic about beer as very diverse beverage with a lot interesting flavors and aromas. Beer has the same capacity as wine to be complex and pleasing to the senses if it is brewed well and if one drinks it in moderation. I do not care for drinking for the sake of intoxication.

I have a bottle of imperial stout for tonight, made by Nøgne Ø. It is a heavy and very rich beer best paired with deserts like vanilla ice cream with or maybe a rich chocolate cake, or just by itself.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I have to disagree. I do not like the label "beer snob" though, snobbery is not good. I think one can be enthusiastic about beer as very diverse beverage with a lot interesting flavors and aromas. Beer has the same capacity as wine to be complex and pleasing to the senses if it is brewed well and if one drinks it in moderation. I do not care for drinking for the sake of intoxication.

I have a bottle of imperial stout for tonight, made by Nøgne Ø. It is a heavy and very rich beer best paired with deserts like vanilla ice cream with or maybe a rich chocolate cake, or just by itself.

Sometimes I pair beer with another beer. :eek:

GuySmiley

Sometimes I pair beer with another beer. :eek:
blackandtan11.jpg

Selaphiel

Having a nice bottle of Lervig's Galaxy IPA. Lovely aromas of grapefruit, passion fruit and other exotic fruits. Nice citrusy and fruity taste with an intense IPA bitter aftertaste. Quite refreshing.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I used to drink this stuff....I liked it and it liked me. :plain:

WidmerBrothers_Drifter_OHU_012_1268826578452.jpg

Then Widmer stopped making it...So I had to go back to vodka. :idunno:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't know if this qualifies as really good beer but last night I had one of these. :chuckle:

Strawberita-438x1024.jpg