Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if you leave your car door open with the engine running while you dash in to get a couple donuts at the 711 and someone steals your car, you are partly responsible for that theft
And if you leave your car door open with the engine running while you dash in to get a couple donuts at the 711 and someone doesn't steal your car, was your behavior partly responsible for not having your car stolen????

if you leave your car door open with the engine running while you dash in to get a couple donuts at the 711 and nobody steals your car, you're responsible for nothing more than acting a fool
In other words, your behavior was responsible for not having your car stolen???

don't be a fool okdoser

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And if you leave your car door open with the engine running while you dash in to get a couple donuts at the 711 and someone doesn't steal your car, was your behavior partly responsible for not having your car stolen????

of course not

you got lucky

In other words, your behavior was responsible for not having your car stolen???

nope

but you don't really seem to be interested in discussing this, just being a troll :wave2:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

No, you got lucky but, make no mistake if you leave your car running while you dash in for a donut you do hold a measure of responsibility for the consequence, you own the poor decision & the consequence because you chose to risk it. This is a question of personal responsibility, and I think we can both agree that poor decisions have poor consequences, no?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a big difference... you say a person chooses to inflict harm on themselves, and I am saying people risk possible harm with the intent that "it will not happen to me" mindset, nobody, and I mean nobody desires bad consequences, they are impacted by circumstances which may or may not be any fault of their own. Owning the bad consequence of a decision to engage in bad behavior is much different than asking/choosing for a bad consequence ok doser.
You are exactly right, Rocketman!

I had the audacity to take the risk of walking from an apartment to my car.
In the minds of retards, I deserved to be raped because there was a risk involved, I chose to be raped because there was a risk involved, and I asked for it (to be raped) because there was a risk involved.

It's an insane, vile, and disgusting mindset.

ok doser

Legally speaking, sure. Yet, you're implying some form of just punishment layed upon the victim.

in the case of the stolen car, the punishment is a denial of claim by the insurance company

and the loss of any sympathy from friends and family

just acts of violence as a corrective assigned to some dissolute behavior the victim has perpetuated.

sure, why not?

consider it a wakeup call

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

In the minds of retards, I deserved to be raped because there was a risk involved, I chose to be raped because there was a risk involved, and I asked for it (to be raped) because there was a risk involved.

No that was not your choice, and the consequence was no fault of your own...sometimes bad things just happen to good people.

WizardofOz

That's just it. Unless a woman wears a burka and never leaves the house, she will always be partially responsible for being raped as her actions will always put her in the situation in which the rape occurred...if we follow this logic to its conclusion.

She left the house
She didn't wear her burka
Her ankles were not covered
she wore makeup
she traveled alone
she smiled at a stranger
she drank too much
she didn't watch her drink close enough
she danced provocatively
etc etc.

These are all behaviors that could 'lead to rape' (simple cause and effect) but it is never a reason to think that she deserved to be raped much less asked for it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
in the case of the stolen car, the punishment is a denial of claim by the insurance company

and the loss of any sympathy from friends and family

No. We're not talking a pride, monetary or legal aspect. This is a moral argument.

sure, why not?

consider it a wakeup call

So the moral role of the aforementioned rapist may be considered equivalent to that of a teacher or parent? :doh:

You have some twisted values doser.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No that was not your choice, and the consequence was no fault of your own...sometimes bad things just happen to good people.
According to okdoser (and others), I share the blame of my being raped simply because there was a risk of me being raped involved.

It's lunacy!!!

ok doser

No. Where not talking a monetary or legal aspect. This is a moral argument.

hence the "sympathy"

So the moral role of the aforementioned rapist may be considered equivalent to that of a teacher or parent? :doh:

God uses all sorts of ways to get our attention

heck, He burned men, women and children to death with molten sulfur

ok doser

According to okdoser (and others), I share the blame of my being raped simply because there was a risk of me being raped involved.

It's lunacy!!!

if you were aware of the high degree of risk and chose to ignore it

ok doser

Whoop, whoop...now the rapist is an extension of God Himself!

well, yeah

God used rapists to punish the wicked for their iniquities in:
Isaiah 13:9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

glorydaz

Yep, which is why people shouldn't take it personally. When we talk about how sometimes bad things happen to bad people, the ones who were doing nothing WRONG shouldn't assume we're talking about them.

WizardofOz

Yep, which is why people shouldn't take it personally. When we talk about how sometimes bad things happen to bad people, the ones who were doing nothing WRONG shouldn't assume we're talking about them.

One could easily play devil's advocate and say that every rape victim at least partially deserved it, give the logical extension of your argument.