questions for christians

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Mat 7:22

On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 

what is your point?

Jesus is the one who says "if you love Me, keep My commands".

Besides we don't claim to do mighty works.

God's Truth

Mat 7:22

On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 

What does Jesus say to them?

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

They were still sinners. They had not repented of their sins.

God's Truth

What are you talking about?

You said the same thing I have been saying.

This isn't the first time this has happened.

Miscommunications happen. I know I have a lot of trouble expressing what I mean to at times. These atmospheres can seem to breed needless contention.

Can we not take a breath and step back at times; Consider our thoughts and words consciously, and recall that we are siblings in faith, and even if opposed enemies still professing followers of the Christ of GOD; and as such, approach things with a certain level of composure, with the intent of edification as opposed to degradation?

peace my friend and sister; with all sincerity.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

I have said and did nothing wrong. Why are speaking as if I did?

God's Truth

Why do you believe that you can become born of God by working and training yourself?

After you are born again and have no sin, you are to work out your salvation and train yourself, you are to live a life worthy of what you were given and offer your body as a living sacrifice.

Is that how you become born of God?

You become born of God when you repent of your sins to Jesus and he washes you clean and lives inside you. You then have a new life without sins, you are born again and have no sins.

Lon

Who was he talking about Lon, you or me?

Hope all is well with you and yours friend.
I'm not sure if you meant both sentences to go together, but they do, and thank you.

I think it is clear, it is the one, not that thinks He knows Christ, but the one Christ doesn't know. It is a person, I believe, who is doing some or many things in following Him, but doing it from an unregenerate flesh. 2 Corinthians 5:17 "If" (and I think only 'if') "then he/she is a new creation." Jesus said we must be born-again. As I've said in the past, I don't believe we can born-again ourselves. I don't think the Lord Jesus Christ was telling Nicodemus to be born again at all. It wasn't an verb Nicodemus could carry out. It was a condition to be met. Hence, John 3:5

In Him -Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure if you meant both sentences to go together, but they do, and thank you.

I think it is clear, it is the one, not that thinks He knows Christ, but the one Christ doesn't know. It is a person, I believe, who is doing some or many things in following Him, but doing it from an unregenerate flesh. 2 Corinthians 5:17 "If" (and I think only 'if') "then he/she is a new creation." Jesus said we must be born-again. As I've said in the past, I don't believe we can born-again ourselves. I don't think the Lord Jesus Christ was telling Nicodemus to be born again at all. It wasn't an verb Nicodemus could carry out. It was a condition to be met. Hence, John 3:5

In Him -Lon

I am sure most of us believe we are born again. It is all self assurance. Just because we believe we are born again does not make it so.

That's why Jesus says we know them by their fruit, and we all will be judged according to what we have done.

Smooth talking and lip serving confession will not do it.

Smooth talking is not love, Lon.

musterion

what is your point?

Jesus is the one who says "if you love Me, keep My commands".

You people are liars and trolls because you know you can't bring sacrifices to a priest (as He commanded) or miraculously heal the sick (as He commanded) and because you refuse to sell ALL that you have for the poor (as He commanded).

If you were honest enough to admit what is obvious even to children - that He cannot be obeyed to the letter from the four gospels - then people here might take you seriously.

If you were honest enough to admit that what is also obvious - that you just don't want to sell all that you have, and so refuse to obey Him - there too people might take you seriously.

But since you already know He can't be obeyed to the letter (because you don't), or won't sell all that you have, yet you insist on absolutely obedience, you people are liars.

What will happen to all liars.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You people are liars and trolls because you know you can't bring sacrifices to a priest (as He commanded) or miraculously heal the sick (as He commanded) and because you refuse to sell ALL that you have for the poor (as He commanded).

If you were honest enough to admit what is obvious even to children - that He cannot be obeyed to the letter from the four gospels - then people here might take you seriously.

If you were honest enough to admit that what is also obvious - that you just don't want to sell all that you have, and so refuse to obey Him - there too people might take you seriously.

But since you already know He can't be obeyed to the letter (because you don't), or won't sell all that you have, yet you insist on absolutely obedience, you people are liars.

What will happen to all liars.

hello musty,

May God bless you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am sure most of us believe we are born again. It is all self assurance. Just because we believe we are born again does not make it so.

That's why Jesus says we know them by their fruit, and we all will be judged according to what we have done.

Smooth talking and lip serving confession will not do it.

Smooth talking is not love, Lon.

Meshak didn't write this post. My evidence? There's NO broken English. Good try, though whoever you are.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus commands that He expects His followers to obey is moral laws which he preach in sermon on the mount.

This is my contextual reasoning.

Contextual Reasoning:

Our intuition is that reasoning is usually performed on a subset of the global knowledge base; we never consider all we know but only a very small subset of it. The notion of context is used as a means of formalizing this idea of localization.

Are you willing to go along with this definition, Meshak?

Reactions: Lon

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Jesus commands that He expects His followers to obey is moral laws which he preach in sermon on the mount.

This is my contextual reasoning.
Why did He say John 6:63 (KJV) if what you say is right? Offer your contextual reasoned explanation. :)

" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing "