questions for christians

God's Truth

Simple answer is "no" John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is the way to the Father. The Father is the goal, the destination, Jesus Christ is the way to get there. Of course, he also states in this same verse, that no man can come to the Father but by him, so it is clear that without Jesus Christ there is no journey to the Father, let alone actually arriving there

Hey Oatmeal, where have you been? Nice to see you.

oatmeal

Not having been here for many months, I see the format has changed a bit. My reply is to Meshak's opening post

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Simple answer is "no" John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is the way to the Father. The Father is the goal, the destination, Jesus Christ is the way to get there. Of course, he also states in this same verse, that no man can come to the Father but by him, so it is clear that without Jesus Christ there is no journey to the Father, let alone actually arriving there

I agree with you 100%.

But the name Christian is Jesus' followers.

We cannot go to the Father without knowing Jesus' instructions or teachings..

His Father says to His disciples to listen to Jesus.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And people wonder why I repeat my questions so many times.

Did God appoint teachers to teach the Bible or not?

That would make what we believe subjective. And Truth is not subjective.

So again, why would I give an explanation is sub-par when an explanation for something has already been given that is far more in-depth than what I can do?

Some teachers are appointed by God, but only to start people in the way.

After that it is up to you as to who you listen to.

You do not see grown men still sucking on their mothers breast do you?

Regardless of what men teach, you are held responsible for what and who you believe.

1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

LA