questions for christians

God's Truth

There are two commands from the Christ of GOD. If one follows these two commands then all other law is followed inadvertently.

It's that simple.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

There are two commands that fulfill ALL the commands.

If you do not obey all of Jesus' commands, then how are you fulfilling those two?

Please answer the question.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I stand up to cruelty, violence, and immorality when I see them. Devotion is part or faithfulness and love which we are commanded to have without waver.

I'm sorry I disappointed you friend, but I honestly don't aim to please any man or woman.

No offence

peace

good day.

KingdomRose

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Why would Jesus say this if his teachings were only for Jews?....

"This gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14, NASB)

"Go therefore and make disciples of ALL THE NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you." (Matthew 28:19,20, NASB)

Any comment?

KingdomRose

Correct. I don't pay a temple tithe whenever He brings healing to me for instance, and importantly, neither do you. In fact, you cannot follow all His commandments since the temple and sacrifices are gone now. You HAVE to intelligently pick which commands you will follow.

Now the difference is that someone may disagree with you. What if someone were to tell you to go wash in the pool of siloam or dip yourself in the Jordan 7 times? What would you tell them about why you are not 'following Jesus' commands?' I think a LOT of what Jesus says applies to us today. For instance, I am not supposed to worry about what I will eat, or drink or wear Matthew 6.

Perhaps the ones that think the least things Jesus says are for them, will agree with this verse. IOW, we ALL as Christians have the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and we all follow His teachings, but most specifically, what is termed a 'universal' (applies to everybody, Jews AND gentiles, not one or the other) truth of application. -Lon

So you outright reject what Jesus is quoted as saying at John 14:15....."If you love me, you will keep my commandments"?

And

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16, NASB)?

Why do you reject these sayings of Jesus?

musterion

Why would Jesus say this if his teachings were only for Jews?....

"This gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14, NASB)

"Go therefore and make disciples of ALL THE NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you." (Matthew 28:19,20, NASB)

Any comment?

Oh yes he does. Prepare to learn from Steko. Excellent question, too.

Lon

So you outright reject what Jesus is quoted as saying at John 14:15....."If you love me, you will keep my commandments"?

And

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16, NASB)?

Why do you reject these sayings of Jesus?
No. Neither do you. You would literally have to move to Jerusalem, rebuild the temple, and find a Levite priest. If you can't do that, You can't love Jesus as much as you want to either. I already said, whatever I can, I do follow. I try not to worry about what I will eat, what I will drink, or what I will wear. How are you doing? Which ones are you following daily? Which ones are you missing? Jesus said He was going to tell some who do "all these things in Your name" to depart, He never knew them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No. Neither do you. You would literally have to move to Jerusalem, rebuild the temple, and find a Levite priest. If you can't do that, You can't love Jesus as much as you want to either. I already said, whatever I can, I do follow. I try not to worry about what I will eat, what I will drink, or what I will wear. How are you doing? Which ones are you following daily? Which ones are you missing? Jesus said He was going to tell some who do "all these things in Your name" to depart, He never knew them.

Jesus commands that He expects His followers to obey is moral laws which he preach in sermon on the mount.

This is my contextual reasoning.

Last edited:

Zeke

Simple fix, just worship in the only temple God ever dwelled in Acts 17:24, Luke 17:20-21, 1Cor 3:16 instead of thinking brick and mortar to follow a secular historic christ outside you in a kingdom of time, wrong one.

God's Truth

No, Jesus did not say if you obey me he will tell you to depart from him.

Those that said they did things in his name, they did not repent of their sins, they continued to be evil doers. He never knew them because they did not repent of their sins.

God's Truth

Simple fix, just worship in the only temple God ever dwelled in Acts 17:24, Luke 17:20-21, 1Cor 3:16 instead of thinking brick and mortar to follow a secular historic christ outside you in a kingdom of time, wrong one.

God's Spirit used to be in the temple.

The Jews used to have to purify themselves just to go to the temple where God's Spirit was.

The purification works are the works we no longer have to do, but all these faith only people say our obeying is nothing.

popsthebuilder

There are two commands that fulfill ALL the commands.

If you do not obey all of Jesus' commands, then how are you fulfilling those two?

Please answer the question.
Perhaps you misunderstood and/ or I worded it poorly, or most likely one as the result of the other.

If you love GOD with all your being and love your neighbor/friend/enemy as you love yourself, without partiality, then all other commands will be adhered to by default.

peace

God's Truth

Perhaps you misunderstood.

If you love GOD with all your being and love your neighbor/friend/enemy as you love yourself, without partiality, then all other commands will be adhered to by default.

peace

I didn't misunderstand.

If you love your neighbor do you steal from him?

No?

Then you obeyed the do not steal command.

If you love your neighbor and do not commit adultery with his wife, the you obeyed the do not commit adultery command.

Do you see now see now that you have to obey?

popsthebuilder

I didn't misunderstand.

If you love your neighbor do you steal from him?

No?

Then you obeyed the do not steal command.

If you love your neighbor and do not commit adultery with his wife, the you obeyed the do not commit adultery command.

Do you see now see now that you have to obey?
What are you talking about?

You said the same thing I have been saying.

This isn't the first time this has happened.

Miscommunications happen. I know I have a lot of trouble expressing what I mean to at times. These atmospheres can seem to breed needless contention.

Can we not take a breath and step back at times; Consider our thoughts and words consciously, and recall that we are siblings in faith, and even if opposed enemies still professing followers of the Christ of GOD; and as such, approach things with a certain level of composure, with the intent of edification as opposed to degradation?

peace my friend and sister; with all sincerity.

Lon

Mat 7:22

On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’