PureX needs to apologize for his lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
Did you miss this part? "On another thread you kept harping about "lying is a sin", and you were told 2 or three times it's perjury that is a sin. You know, bearing false witness against your neighbor?"

Um... no. The fact you are coming down on the side of someone who is bearing false witness againsat their neighbor. Apparently you don't hold impurex to that lying thing you say you are against.

Lying isn't always a sin, but bearing false witness against your neighbor is, which happens to be what impurex is doing.

When did I ever say that you had to publicly force the person who is supposedly "bearing false witness against his neighbor" to apologize?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
OKAY why don't we quit throwing it in his face??? In basically EVERY post I've seen you do to beanieboy, you say something like "blahblahblah SODOMITE" Why do you always say sodomite at the end? You KNOW that it's just going to frustrate him, and it's not going to make him convert to Christianity.

Like anything I say can make anyone do anything? Anyway. it's also not going to let him live in comfort and false hope.

intro2faith

ShadowMaid said:
Not always. The Hebrew wives lied to the King of Egypt, and God blessed them.
Can we agree that MOST of the time it is? Except if God is literally telling you to? Which I'm sure happens very rarely.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
When did I ever say that you had to publicly force the person who is supposedly "bearing false witness against his neighbor" to apologize?

You didn't. And?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
Can we agree that MOST of the time it is? Except if God is literally telling you to? Which I'm sure happens very rarely.

Yipes intro....

Why is it so hard for you to either stop judging Poly, or tell impurex he should apologize for bearing false witness against his neighbor?

Are the only people you judge Christian or something?

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
Like anything I say can make anyone do anything? Anyway. it's also not going to let him live in comfort and false hope.

You can MAKE them want to commit suicide. If I were beanieboy, and hadn't already accepted Christ, a lot of the things you(but mostly other people) have said would MAKE me want to commit suicide. And I probably would.

You have to watch the things you say. Some people are very sensitive.

It's a good thing I accepted Christ, otherwise I would have commited suicide by now, just because of all the harsh things being said. And no, I'm not talking about the "you know you're going to hell" harsh things. I'm talking about the "you're a pig, lying sack, idiot, wretch" kind of things.

ShadowMaid

intro2faith said:
You can MAKE them want to commit suicide. If I were beanieboy, and hadn't already accepted Christ, a lot of the things you(but mostly other people) have said would MAKE me want to commit suicide. And I probably would.

You need to stop speaking for other people. You're not very good at it.

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
Yipes intro....

Why is it so hard for you to either stop judging Poly, or tell impurex he should apologize for bearing false witness against his neighbor?

Are the only people you judge Christian or something?
No.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
intro2faith said:
There are several examples of righteous lying in the Bible that were not directly instructed by God. The story of the Hebrew Midwives lying to Pharoah in Exodus 1 is one of them.

Suppose you were living in Nazi Germany and harboring Jews in your basement, and a Nazi soldier asked you if there were any Jews in your home. God has not audibly instructed you. Would you tell the truth or lie? Would it be wrong to lie? Would it be right to tell the truth?

intro2faith

ShadowMaid said:
You need to stop speaking for other people. You're not very good at it.
Do you think beanieboy doesn't have feelings or something? Some of the things being said are likely pushing him FURTHER away.

intro2faith

Turbo said:
There are several examples of righteous lying in the Bible that were not directly instructed by God. The story of the Hebrew Midwives lying to Pharoah is one of them.

Suppose you were living in Nazi Germany and harboring Jews in your basement, and a Nazi soldier asked you if there were any Jews in your home. God has not audibly instructed you. Would you tell the truth or lie?
I wasn't talking about God telling you audibly. Shoulda made that clearer.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:

If bean is that unstable, you would blame it on me for labling his sin?

You have to watch the things you say. Some people are very sensitive.

It appears you are, anyway.

It's a good thing I accepted Christ, otherwise I would have commited suicide by now, just because of all the harsh things being said.

Have you seen a doctor?

And no, I'm not talking about the "you know you're going to hell" harsh things. I'm talking about the "you're a pig, lying sack, idiot, wretch" kind of things.

Name whan I have said any such thing.

PureX

Nineveh said:
Why should Mr Enyart need to "be very careful", he doesn't advocate the unlawful killing of homos to even be "charged with complicity to commit murder". :doh: It's pretty clear what impurex is implying, which is a lie against his neighbor.
As has been explained several times, now, responsibility doesn't rest on Enyart's (or anyone else's) statements, alone. It rests on how his statements are interpreted by the person who actually commits the crime. If the person who commits the crime believes that he has done so at the behest of his "moral leader" Bob Enyart, then the court will look into Enyart's statements to see if there is any reasonable culpability, there. It's possible that Enyart could be held liable even though he did not specifically intend that one of his followers commit a crime. It's just as I can be held liable for killing someone by driving irresponsibly even though I did not directly intend to kill anyone when I was driving irresponsibly.

I don't know what Bob Enyart advocates, exactly, because I'm not foolish enough to listen to him. And I was not making any statements about what Enyart advocates or does not advocate because I DON'T KNOW, and I don't care. I was only using Enyart as an example of how it is possible that a person in the United States could be held liable for what they say even though we do have "freedom of speech" guaranteed to us by the Constitution (this was, after all, the subject being discussed on the thread that spawned this one).

But as always, people see what they want to see, and hear what they want to hear, and understand what they want to understand regardless of what's right in front of them. If you don't believe me, simply go back and actually READ the posts. Whatever implications you're seeing there are being put there by your own mind. They are not there by my words. I am obviously not a Bob Enyart fan. But Fan or not, I'm not accusing him of advocating murder. In fact, I'm not accusing him of anything at all, except of exercising his right to free speech.

I could have made the same point using a racist cult leader here in Illinois that was convicted of exactly that sort of thing, but I figured no one here on TOL would know about him and I couldn't remember his name, anyway. But most people here do know of Bob Enyart, so I used him as my example instead. But I didn't call him a cult leader and I didn't claim that he was in fact advocating killing homosexuals. As I understand it he DOES TALK ABOUT killing homosexuals on his show, however, and I was pointing out that this is the sort of "free speech" that if he is not careful could conceivably cause him to be held liable should some nut case ever act on it.

The point of my post was that a person can be held liable for the consequences of what they say, even though we are guaranteed the right to say it.

I hope this clears up this nonsense once and for all.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
Then what makes me a hypocrite?

Apperently you weren't following along, would you like to go back and re read where I explained your hypocricy to you twice?

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
If bean is that unstable, you would blame it on me for labling his sin?

It appears you are, anyway.

Have you seen a doctor?

Name whan I have said any such thing.
I didn't say YOU said those things. I am talking about how Rimi said them.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
Do you think beanieboy doesn't have feelings or something? Some of the things being said are likely pushing him FURTHER away.

To where? Under-hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.