PureX needs to apologize for his lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureX

Poly said:
Your first sentence was to bring up how one can be prosecuted for encouraging a violent crime be committed. Then you bring up Bob as an example of what you're talking about.

This is tiresome. You definitly need to apologize but it's obvious you won't. Not that I really expected you to actually do so. Even if you said what you did out of ignorance due to seeing an opportunity to slander a person you don't like, not taking than making sure you have your facts straight, you should still be big enough to admit that you were wrong.
You will note that the word encourage in this sentance is directly preceeded by the words "If you". It is NOT related to Bob Enyart in any way. You will also note the word IF, right at the beginning of the sentance. This word definately removes any particular accusation, as it expressly adds the possibility of there not being any encouragement.

"IF ... YOU ..." does not in any way I can fathom imply "Bob Enyart does ...".

You are simply imagining an implication that I did not make. Perhaps it's you who should apologize to me for inferring that I am a liar when you have no proof whatever that I've lied.

But never mind - "... it's obvious you won't. Not that I really expected you to actually do so. Even if you said what you did out of ignorance due to seeing an opportunity to slander a person you don't like, not taking than making sure you have your facts straight, you should still be big enough to admit that you were wrong."

You have a nice evening.

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
My question is, were you being sharp tongued when you called me sharp tongued as I was when calling you obtuse?
No, me saying you were sharp tongued in that ONE instance was not being sharp tongued. That's like me saying "you have brown hair". It's true(actually I don't know what color hair you have...just an example). I didn't say you are sharp tongued in EVERY SINGLE thing you say. That would be a lie, since I'm sure you're not. But you called me obtuse. That's not a sin. That's just your opinion. What do you consider to be sharp tongued??

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
No, me saying you were sharp tongued in that ONE instance was not being sharp tongued. That's like me saying "you have brown hair". It's true(actually I don't know what color hair you have...just an example).

So you mean it relies on accuracy of judgement? Have you considered, perhaps you were being obtuse? In which case, your judgement of me being "shape tongued" would be in error.

I didn't say you are sharp tongued in EVERY SINGLE thing you say.

I didn't assume so. Only when I was trying to call your attention to the fact you are still going rounds with brothers in Christ over impurex's obvious false witness against his neighbor.

Have you bothered once to tell impurex he is wrong? Do you know if he is wrong? Would it matter to you at all if he was?

He made a public statement. There is nothing at all wrong with asking for a public apology for it's inaccuracy.

That would be a lie, since I'm sure you're not.

Did I call you obtuse-forever or something? Or for once again finding yourself standing in the way of another brother's witness?

But you called me obtuse. That's not a sin.

Nope. Being thick headed is not a sin. I think we agree there. Wanting to stay that way is really stupid though, don't you think?

That's just your opinion.

Sort of like your judgement of my being "sharp tongued" as stated above.

What do you consider to be sharp tongued??

Sharp-tongued: Harsh, critical, or sarcastic in speech.

ooooooooo

That sounds like youuuuuuuuuu. ommmmmm :)

Freak

Turbo said:
There are several examples of righteous lying in the Bible that were not directly instructed by God. The story of the Hebrew Midwives lying to Pharoah in Exodus 1 is one of them.

Suppose you were living in Nazi Germany and harboring Jews in your basement, and a Nazi soldier asked you if there were any Jews in your home. God has not audibly instructed you. Would you tell the truth or lie? Would it be wrong to lie? Would it be right to tell the truth?
Would you lie knowing Jesus as your Savior to save your life?

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
So you mean it relies on accuracy of judgement? Have you considered, perhaps you were being obtuse? In which case, your judgement of me being "shape tongued" would be in error.

I didn't assume so. Only when I was trying to call your attention to the fact you are still going rounds with brothers in Christ over impurex's obvious false witness against his neighbor.

Have you bothered once to tell impurex he is wrong? Do you know if he is wrong? Would it matter to you at all if he was?

He made a public statement. There is nothing at all wrong with asking for a public apology for it's inaccuracy.

Did I call you obtuse-forever or something? Or for once again finding yourself standing in the way of another brother's witness?

Nope. Being thick headed is not a sin. I think we agree there. Wanting to stay that way is really stupid though, don't you think?

Sort of like your judgement of my being "sharp tongued" as stated above.

Sharp-tongued: Harsh, critical, or sarcastic in speech.

ooooooooo

That sounds like youuuuuuuuuu. ommmmmm :)

So you mean to say that you intended NO sarcasm or spite when you called me dumb? (yes I know that's not the exact word you used, but it means the same thing. YEAH I KNOW! I actually knew that on my own:))

Am I thick headed because I don't agree with you? I honestly DO NOT think that PureX meant what Poly said he did. Just read some of his posts and you just might agree.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
You know intro?

When looking up all the instances the Bible talks about "sharp tongues", I noticed there are about 4. All of them in Psalm (at least in the NIV, NKJV, and KJV). You might want to read them.

I found this interesting though:

There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:

haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,

a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,

a false witness who pours out lies
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
You know intro?

When looking up all the instances the Bible talks about "sharp tongues", I noticed there are about 4. All of them in Psalm (at least in the NIV, NKJV, and KJV). You might want to read them.

I found this interesting though:

There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:

haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,

a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,

a false witness who pours out lies
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

I'm assuming you are implying that I am doing the last one on that list. I assure you, I'm not trying to stir anything up. I'm trying to correct some behavior, and point out the truth :)
But if you really think I'm all that bad..okay. I'll bow out of the conversation.

I hope this doesn't affect any future "message board conversations" we will have in the future:)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
So you mean to say that you intended NO sarcasm or spite when you called me dumb?

I did not call you dumb, I called you obtuse. How long is this going to take? And no, I did not have the intention of sarcasm or spite when I termed your behavior obtuse. Aren't you at this very moment proving my judgement valid?

No, you are thick headed because you are still going rounds with brothers in Christ and ignoring the whole intent of this thread.

[ Jon Lovitz ] Focus pleeeeze. [ / Jon Lovitz ]

Take 2: Have you bothered once to tell impurex he is wrong? Do you know if he is wrong? Would it matter to you at all if he was?

julie21

Why doesn't someone just refer this post of PureX's directly to Bob E and see if he wants to extract an apology from the author of the original post? That would be a practical way for it to go, wouldn't it? After all, it is 'his' character that Poly sees as having been derided by PureX...so wouldn't it be best left to let Big Bob fight this if he wishes to, instead of someone else doing battle for him? I am sure that Bob is more than capable of fighting this if he so desired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.