PureX needs to apologize for his lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanieboy

Crow said:
beanieboy, I will not compromise my freedom of speech on the odd chance that a nutcase will hear it and run with it, and neither should anyone else. Nutcases do things for all sorts of reasons, from wanting to impress Jodie Foster to because the dog told them to do it.

If Bob were to tell people "let's go kill fags" or "let's go beat so-and-so" to death, then he would be encouraging people to vigilante violence, and would have crossed the line. As I would be if I were to try to organize people to boil child molesters to death.

I refuse to live my life worrying about what nutcases do because there is simply no way to anticipate how the stupid or those with deranged minds will act. I don't want to quit seeing action films because some idiot kid is going to try to emulate some scene. If a person is filled with rage and is crazy and evil, they don't require my encouragement to act as evil as they are.

You have Freedom of Speech, that's right.
I don't know if Bob technically has any legal problems with anyone who would take matters into their own hands.

But if someone is saying that they would have all gays executed in their Shadow Government, are they part of any violence that comes out of it?
In a Buddhist sense, he would be a sewer of seeds of violence, and a farmer that sows such seeds may not be the weed, but is still responsible for his actions.

It's a choice that we all make.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Smiles, tread carefully.

I think this whole thing's a mountain made out of a molehill.

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

beanieboy said:
I don't know if Bob technically has any legal problems with anyone who would take matters into their own hands.

But if someone is saying that they would have all gays executed in their Shadow Government, are they part of any violence that comes out of it?
In a Buddhist sense, he would be a sewer of seeds of violence, and a farmer that sows such seeds may not be the weed, but is still responsible for his actions.

Legally, it has only to be an implied instrctuction, if you are in a position of authority and one of your followers obeys that implied instruction, you will be prosecuted not for just conspriracy but for the murder itself. And advocating murder is not protected speech - not on the radio, not on the web - not anywhere.

allsmiles

granite1010 said:
Smiles, tread carefully.

I think this whole thing's a mountain made out of a molehill.

That's what I think, that's why I asked. PureX hasn't done anything to Poly. If anyone should be offended (and I don't think anyone should), it should be Bob Enyart and from what I hear, he's more than capable of defending himself.

Crow

beanieboy said:

People can use anything as an excuse. Bob specifically says that criminal justice is the domain of the government, not the individual citizen. Even on shadowgov.

Each individual is responsible for his or her own actions. The idea of "corporate blame" for wickedness, be it society made me do it, the dog made me do it, the movie made me do it, bad clams made me do it, etc. is not one I ascribe to.

If you, as a Buddhist, want to accept blame for the acts of others which aren't even acts that you advocate, be my guest.

intro2faith

Poly said:
PureX lied and he should apologize for it.
If PureX really is in the wrong, then shouldn't he be able to apologize on his own? Not because of public humiliation?

It's almost as if you're just trying to cause more trouble than needed.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
intro2faith said:
If PureX really is in the wrong, then shouldn't he be able to apologize on his own? Not because of public humiliation?

It's almost as if you're just trying to cause more trouble than needed.

Didn't you refer to this thread as pointless? Why are you still posting in a pointless thread? Please feel free to go away and find one with a point.

beanieboy

Crow said:
People can use anything as an excuse. Bob specifically says that criminal justice is the domain of the government, not the individual citizen. Even on shadowgov.

Each individual is responsible for his or her own actions. The idea of "corporate blame" for wickedness, be it society made me do it, the dog made me do it, the movie made me do it, bad clams made me do it, etc. is not one I ascribe to.

If you, as a Buddhist, want to accept blame for the acts of others which aren't even acts that you advocate, be my guest.

If I taught a class, and taught that christians were inferior, the reason for 9/11, should be executed, etc., am I responsible if a student then starts picking on a christian because of the hatred that I planted?

Or am I guilt free?

From a spiritual point of view, there is accountability, according to Buddhists.

And suggesting that humans should still be under the Archaic Levitical Law, while ignoring the majority of it, is irresponsible, in my opinion.

I suppose it's karma. If Enyart had his way, he would have been executed under his own wishes, for putting to death adulterers.

beanieboy

There was an interesting Law and Order.
A murder took place where people ran over someone, then got out of the car, kicked the person to death, and stole their jacket.

The murder, it was later discovered, was committed by two boys who played a video game where you act out that scene. They would play for hours on end, and finally wanted to act it out for real.

Are the video game programmers to blame?

In my opinion, they are the sewer of the seeds.

eccl3_6

BANNED
Banned
Kinda agree with Granite on this one. It sounds that Bob only expressed a desire for a change in the law - the death penalty. I disagree with him but there is a huge distinction between killing and executing. Having said that the only justification for homosexuality being regarded as a sin has come from people quoting Leviticus. What if the homosexual in question isn't a christian, but belongs to a faith which approves of gay relationships. Should he still be held under a death sentence?

It strikes me that Bob isn't just desiring a change in the law but a theocratic regime instead of republic democracy. Very worrying.........reminds me of Tehran!

Justin (Wiccan)

eccl3_6 said:
It strikes me that Bob isn't just desiring a change in the law but a theocratic regime instead of republic democracy.

That is pretty much what Bob encourages--a pseudo-theocratic monarchy. He does not encourage the entire Mosaic Law, and he explicitly states that the Mosaic Law is not salvic: his theory is primarily political.

Crow

beanieboy said:
If I taught a class, and taught that christians were inferior, the reason for 9/11, should be executed, etc., am I responsible if a student then starts picking on a christian because of the hatred that I planted?

Or am I guilt free?

From a spiritual point of view, there is accountability, according to Buddhists.

And suggesting that humans should still be under the Archaic Levitical Law, while ignoring the majority of it, is irresponsible, in my opinion.

I suppose it's karma. If Enyart had his way, he would have been executed under his own wishes, for putting to death adulterers.

If you taught that you believe Christians are evil, you are not responsible for the actions of your pupils. If you teach that it should be illegal to be a Christian and it's the government's job to deal with lawbreakers, you are not responsible for the actions of your pupils. You might get fired, but that's something that goes along with the territory if you advocate unpopular views.

If you tell your pupils go out and kill Christians, then you should be held responsible.

Enyart agrees with you re: he would be executed under his own wishes. He admits how wickedly he behaved in the past. I don't know if he would have committed adultry had it carried the death penalty when he committed it.

I sure as heck would not have done so if it carried the death penalty when I did the same. I guess that's a case for the death penalty acting as a deterrent.

I don't advocate putting people under the Levitical law in this dispensation.

I do believe that the system of criminal justice that God authored is superior to the one we have at present. Such as the laws against adultry, murder, homosexual sex, fornication, theft, etc. These were illegal whether you were Jew or gentile, they were not strictly religious law, but the laws of criminal justice that God dictated.

Parts of the law applied only to the Jews, such as don't wear clothing of mixed fibers, don't eat meat and milk together, etc. That was not expected of non-Jews living in Jewish lands any more so than you have to be circumcised to live in Israel today.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
Once again. WHY do you want him to apologize so much?

intro, you are sucha hypocrite. On another thread you kept harping about "lying is a sin", and you were told 2 or three times it's perjury that is a sin. You know, bearing false witness against your neighbor? Geewiz

impurex said:
Actually, if you encourage someone to commit a violent crime, and they do, you can be prosecuted for it. It's difficult to prove, though, that someone did the crime because of your encouragement, and rightly so.

Bob Enyart should be very careful in how he talks about killing homosexuals. If one of his devotees ever actually does so, he may well be charged with complicity to commit murder.

Why should Mr Enyart need to "be very careful", he doesn't advocate the unlawful killing of homos to even be "charged with complicity to commit murder". :doh: It's pretty clear what impurex is implying, which is a lie against his neighbor.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
That's vigilantiism.

Bob doesn't work for the government, and has no authority.
He wants to kill them more for himself, or his ratings.
He found the men guilty even before the trial began.

He also doesn't put homos to death, sodomite. That's what 1 in 12 homos in MI park bathrooms were doing.

The folks advocating the murder of homos are those who support and practice homosexuality.

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
intro, you are sucha hypocrite. On another thread you kept harping about "lying is a sin", and you were told 2 or three times it's perjury that is a sin. You know, bearing false witness against your neighbor? Geewiz

Why should Mr Enyart need to "be very careful", he doesn't advocate the unlawful killing of homos to even be "charged with complicity to commit murder". :doh: It's pretty clear what impurex is implying, which is a lie against his neighbor.

Hypocrite huh? What makes me a hypocrite? The fact that I believe lying is a sin? Hmm...ok. And what's all this about you saying "it's not lying that's a sin, it's bearing false witness against your neighbor"? Are you saying lying isn't a sin?

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
He also doesn't put homos to death, sodomite. That's what 1 in 12 homos in MI park bathrooms were doing.

The folks advocating the murder of homos are those who support and practice homosexuality.
OKAY why don't we quit throwing it in his face??? In basically EVERY post I've seen you do to beanieboy, you say something like "blahblahblah SODOMITE" Why do you always say sodomite at the end? You KNOW that it's just going to frustrate him, and it's not going to make him convert to Christianity.

ShadowMaid

intro2faith said:
Hypocrite huh? What makes me a hypocrite? The fact that I believe lying is a sin? Hmm...ok. And what's all this about you saying "it's not lying that's a sin, it's bearing false witness against your neighbor"? Are you saying lying isn't a sin?

Not always. The Hebrew wives lied to the King of Egypt, and God blessed them.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
Hypocrite huh? What makes me a hypocrite?

Did you miss this part? "On another thread you kept harping about "lying is a sin", and you were told 2 or three times it's perjury that is a sin. You know, bearing false witness against your neighbor?"

The fact that I believe lying is a sin?

Um... no. The fact you are coming down on the side of someone who is bearing false witness againsat their neighbor. Apparently you don't hold impurex to that lying thing you say you are against.

Hmm...ok. And what's all this about you saying "it's not lying that's a sin, it's bearing false witness against your neighbor"? Are you saying lying isn't a sin?

Lying isn't always a sin, but bearing false witness against your neighbor is, which happens to be what impurex is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.