Prostitution

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I don't think either of them should be legal. Do you?

Proverbs 23:27-28
"For a prostitute is a deep pit and a wayward wife is a narrow well. Like a bandit she lies in wait, and multiplies the unfaithful among men."

Unlike something such as adultery or homosexual marriage, prostitution is more in line with general lust. It is sinful, but so are many other things that society indulges in.

This is probably the line of rationalization that existed in Europe before the end of the Late Ages, where it changed thereafter. Adultery was more felonious before to enforce the faithful remaining faithful.

glassjester

Proverbs 23:27-28
"For a prostitute is a deep pit and a wayward wife is a narrow well. Like a bandit she lies in wait, and multiplies the unfaithful among men."

Unlike something such as adultery or homosexual marriage, prostitution is more in line with general lust. It is sinful, but so are many other things that society indulges in.

This is probably the line of rationalization that existed in Europe before the end of the Late Ages, where it changed thereafter. Adultery was more felonious before to enforce the faithful remaining faithful.

Ok. But do you think it should be legal?

glassjester

Of course not! Are you suggesting that's what I think?

Not at all.

You said that making prostitution illegal will make crime "worse." I don't understand what you mean by that. Do you mean that legalizing prostitution would decrease the number of people charged with the crime of prostitution? Well, of course it would. But is that good thing?

In fact, if we legalize all current crimes, the crime rate would drop to zero! There would be zero crime, if nothing we do is considered a crime.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Ok. But do you think it should be legal?

Again,
I think it's odd that the state should be able to implement a law on it. Also, it's not like the laws really help either- prostitution is still in every city in the country. In fact, it may even be a source of problems in having it prohibited- it could be argued that it simply makes prostitutes unwilling to go to police, or be medically proactive.

glassjester

Again,
I think it's odd that the state should be able to implement a law on it. Also, it's not like the laws really help either- prostitution is still in every city in the country. In fact, it may even be a source of problems in having it prohibited- it could be argued that it simply makes prostitutes unwilling to go to police, or be medically proactive.

Would it not be better if they were simply unwilling to be prostitutes?
I would assume they, for the most part, already are unwilling. In which case, legalizing prostitution would not help them at all.

If anything, prostitution would increase. And again, most of those prostituting would be doing so unwillingly. Why increase that?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Would it not be better if they were simply unwilling to be prostitutes?
I would assume they, for the most part, already are unwilling. In which case, legalizing prostitution would not help them at all.

If anything, prostitution would increase. And again, most of those prostituting would be doing so unwillingly. Why increase that?

I don't think it would increase, at least not to any degree which would be more cause for concern.

Prostitution is something that most people simply wouldn't do. For those that do so, however, aren't really worried about the legality if it- it's not something that goes very punished.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
If misogynists like Crucible and MarcATL are going to defend prostitution, at least dress for the role:

fn-59473-costume-big-daddy-pimp-close_2.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
(Did I just read what I thought I'd read? gj just compared playing chess with prostitution? Some people really need to get out more and experience the real world).

Been on any "dates" lately Acw ?

Prostitution: The World's Oldest Profession

Sorry GFR7 patrick jane, I didn't mean to ignore the certain "interests" of those who aren't into women or little girls.

Photo's deleted by Poly.

Last edited by a moderator:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Did I just read what I thought I'd read? gj just compared playing chess with prostitution? Some people really need to get out more and experience the real world

I still don't understand the jab at me. You perfectly understood the reason for (and meaning of) my analogy. I'm guessing you even agreed with it.

Was it just for laughs? A bid for attention?

I have never been able to relate to an analogy that compares something as harmful and deadly as prostitution with a game that is thought provoking and healthy.