Prostitution

Buzzword

:mock: employees

What else would you call them?
They applied, they were hired, they are paid an agreed-upon wage, salary, or commission, and they deserve to be protected against violence from customers AND exploitation from employers.

I'd love to see prostitution universally legalized, with every prostitute a member of a union.

If only to further bury and trod upon the Dark Ages notion of the human body as some kind of inherently dirty or offensive thing which must be covered up and never spoken of, and bolster the fading yet necessary institution of unions in the United States.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Legalize it, closely regulate it to prevent abuse of employees and customers alike, and direct the tax revenue to improving quality of life for all citizens.

:mock: employees

What else would you call them?

Ummm.... pimps and whores?

Pam_Grier_Coffy_Pimps_and_Hoes.jpg

way 2 go

If only to further bury and trod upon the Dark Ages notion of the human body as some kind of inherently dirty or offensive thing which must be covered up and never spoken of, and bolster the fading yet necessary institution of unions in the United States.
human body is created in the image of God

Gen_1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

what some people do is sin

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Gen_1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

what some people do is sin

My pastor has just started a series of sermons on sexuality immorality. Let's just say that there is a reason God defined/gave strict boundaries on sexual relationships early in Holy Scripture (He knew that human beings, if not controlled by God's Word and righteous civil laws, would allow those sexual desires to get out of control).

That being said: Come on TOL Libertarians, tell us "what consenting adults do in private is between the parties involved!" Tell us that when a guy takes a woman out for a date and buys her dinner he's really just paying for the sex that he hopes will come afterwards.

Tell us how marriage is pretty much the same thing: a guy that is "buying" sex from a woman.

I've heard those stories from you Libertarians/sexual anarchists many times before, I just want to hear them again.

Buzzword

And yet nakedness is a sin according to the writers/spoken word storytellers of Genesis 1, given that Adam and Eve don't notice their own until after the metaphorical attainment of moral knowledge.

Why were they ashamed, if the human body is inherently good?

Why does the oral history recorded in Genesis 1 take the tone that they SHOULD be ashamed of their nakedness, if the human body is inherently good?

Why are you quoting the Bible in a thread on the Politics board?

All this and more, next time, on Battlestar Gallactica.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
And yet nakedness is a sin according to the writers/spoken word storytellers of Genesis 1, given that Adam and Eve don't notice their own until after the metaphorical attainment of moral knowledge.

Why does the oral history recorded in Genesis 1 take the tone that they SHOULD be ashamed of their nakedness, if the human body is inherently good?

Why do you have "Christian" underneath your screen name and avatar?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Actually Buzz, if you were to pick up a Bible you'd know that sexual relations between a husband and wife is a part of God's plan, and while I don't want to go into any details when it comes to the marriage bed, nudity is almost always involved in that beautiful act.

God is the basis for all morality, if you want to leave God out of the picture, then you're only using man's opinion as to what is right and what is wrong: hence your approval and wanting to promote prostitution.

Buzzword

Why do you have "Christian" underneath your screen name and avatar?

Why do you find it so difficult to address the point of the thread, or any of the questions in my actual post?

When last I looked, this thread was not created with a religious slant or dealing with a religious subject.

And given its position in the POLITICS section of this site, I assumed (combined with the above lack of religious slant to the question and lack of religious nature of the question) that the OP was asking for POLITICAL reasons for or against the legalization of prostitution.

So where are yours?

Or do you have nothing to add to the thread except an implied ad hominem attack?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Why do you find it so difficult to address the point of the thread, or any of the questions in my actual post?

When last I looked, this thread was not created with a religious slant or dealing with a religious subject.

And given its position in the POLITICS section of this site, I assumed (combined with the above lack of religious slant to the question and lack of religious nature of the question) that the OP was asking for POLITICAL reasons for or against the legalization of prostitution.

So where are yours?

Or do you have nothing to add to the thread except an implied ad hominem attack?

It's not an ad hominem attack. I simply read an entire posting of you railing against the Bible, and I find myself wondering why you bother calling yourself Christian.

At any rate, with respect to the topic of the thread...?

I don't know. I simply don't know enough about the issue.

Buzzword

It's not an ad hominem attack. I simply read an entire posting of you railing against the Bible, and I find myself wondering why you bother calling yourself Christian.

Let's take a second look at my post, then.

How is examining Genesis 1 and finding an apparent contradiction, or asking that religion be left out of discussions of nonreligious topics "railing against the Bible"?

If the human body is made in the image of God, and is therefore inherently beautiful (which I believe), why does the writer(s) portray Adam and Eve as suddenly ashamed of their nakedness after gaining the knowledge of good and evil?

More to the point in my initial post which way 2 go decided to address, if we believe that the human body is made in the image of God, and is therefore inherently beautiful, why do we insist that women cover their breasts when feeding an infant, or demand that a man standing naked in his front yard be arrested and charged as a sex offender?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it my imagination or is Buzzword ignoring me?

Sheesh, he wanted to talk about the legalization of prostitution, and here I is to talk about it.

(I wonder if Buzzword knows that I'll bring up the millions and millions of women, children and even men that are enslaved by prostitution rings throughout the world, including here in the United States and is avoiding me for that reason?).

1442388041g.jpg

way 2 go

sin

sin

theology forum