POPE SAYS JESUS WAS A FAILURE

exminister

Pope Francis - Jesus Was a Failure?

Jimmy Akin

September 29, 2015

In his recent homily at St. Patrick’s Cathedral,

Pope Francis said that Jesus was a failure.

In his Sept. 24 vespers homily at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, addressing a group of priests Pope Francis said:

We have been entrusted with a great responsibility, and God’s people rightly expect accountability from us.

But the true worth of our apostolate is measured by the value it has in God’s eyes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To see and evaluate things from God’s perspective calls for constant conversion

in the first days and years of our vocation and, need I say, it calls for great humility.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The cross shows us a different way of measuring success.

And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember

that we are followers of Jesus and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure,

in the failure of the cross.
==================================================

Go twist there, Friend.

Why do you expect the Pope said HUMANLY SPEAKING.

Spitfire

Pope Francis meant that, by earthly, human standards, Jesus had failed. He died. He was executed. This is why the disciples scattered and ran away when he was arrested. This is why Peter denied ever having anything to do with Jesus and went back to being a fisherman.

But, needless to say, Jesus hadn't actually failed at all.

Spitfire

Speaking of pope-approved technology, any Catholics recognize this?
Those were used by secular authorities - Catholic, Protestant, or otherwise. The whole idea of due process hadn't really caught on yet (ironically enough, the inquisition was one of the only institutions that did follow some semblance of such - the inquisition was far more likely to release people wrongly accused of witchcraft and other spurious charges or prescribe some kind of non-violent penance before handing them over to the aforementioned local authorities) and often the only way to convict someone of a crime was to extract a confession.

Ben Masada

How do you think the pope will react when he sees this?

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

i wonder has anyone ever heard of a pope preaching on the second coming?

everready

As a matter of fact, I haven't. Probably he has found out in the recondite places of the Vaticano extra-Biblical literature to the effect that every thing about the "Christ" of Paul was a myth, the result of Pauline imaginations.
(II Tim. 2:8)

Ben Masada

Pope Francis meant that, by earthly, human standards, Jesus had failed. He died. He was executed. This is why the disciples scattered and ran away when he was arrested. This is why Peter denied ever having anything to do with Jesus and went back to being a fisherman.

But, needless to say, Jesus hadn't actually failed at all.

All right Spitfire, if Jesus did not fail, what did he achieve in your opinion?

everready

As a matter of fact, I haven't. Probably he has found out in the recondite places of the Vaticano extra-Biblical literature to the effect that every thing about the "Christ" of Paul was a myth, the result of Pauline imaginations.
(II Tim. 2:8)

And i doubt we ever will, he has a deathly fear of the living Christ.

everready

Cruciform

[...Mike Gendron Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries]
Consider the source. Caveat emptor.

Roman Catholicism teaches that Jesus DID NOT finish the work of redemption, He DID NOT pay the full punishment for our sins, His blood DID NOT purify our sins, He DID NOT satisfy divine justice, He DID NOT redeem people from the curse of the Law, He DID NOT provide direct access to God, He DID NOT make perfect forever those who are being sanctified, and He DID NOT secure salvation for His people. Roman Catholicism denies all of these glorious truths, which is why Christ is still on their cross.

Merely a collection of Straw Man Fallacies---all nine claims above are wrong. Again: Consider the source.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Why do you always use Catholic sources? Why not use bible quotes alone?
"Bible quotes" as interpreted according to whose preferred doctrinal tradition? Those of Christ's one historic Catholic Church, or those of one of the myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects in existence today, with more being concocted every week? I'll go with the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church every time.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Ben Masada

And i doubt we ever will, he has a deathly fear of the living Christ.

everready

What's the living "Christ" you have in mind, the Christ in the gospel of Paul? "Christ" was not part of the name of Yeshua ben Yoseph of Nazareth. It was a title attributed to Yeshua by Paul in order to build his church as he wherever preached his gospel, his converts would become known as Christians. (Acts 11:26)