POPE SAYS JESUS WAS A FAILURE

Cruciform

Indeed, just your preference.
Yet the fact is that my preference happens to be that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., and against which he declared that the gates of Hades would never prevail (Mt. 16:18; 1 Tim. 3:15)---something that your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect could never claim, let alone demonstrate.

If you disagree, then go ahead and post your proof.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The "Bible-only" doctrine, however, is not IN the Bible. Therefore, to be "fine with your Bible" would mean that you reject the "Bible-only" notion as decidedly UNbiblical.

Can't be un in my hands. I read the bible. You're fighting to tell be I can't open my bible and must go through you. That ain't gonna happen. I caught you in too many lies.
And you babble on

Cruciform

Can't be un in my hands.
It's "un" in anyone's hands. Again, see [url='http://scripturecatholic.com/scripture_alone.html"]this[/url].

I read the bible.
So do I, every day.

You're fighting to tell be I can't open my bible and must go through you.
Simply not true. It is the case, however, that you will interpret what you read either [1] according to the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church, or [2] according to the opinions of one of the myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects of Protestantism. Which one it will be is entirely up to you. As for me, I'll go with the teachings handed down by that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.

I caught you in too many lies.
For example...?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
It's "un" in anyone's hands. Again, see [url='http://scripturecatholic.com/scripture_alone.html"]this[/url].

So do I, every day.

Simply not true. It is the case, however, that you will interpret what you read either [1] according to the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church, or [2] according to the opinions of one of the myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects of Protestantism. Which one it will be is entirely up to you. As for me, I'll go with the teachings handed down by that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.

For example...?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
I'm authorized to read my bible

This Charming Manc

Back to OP .... I dont agree with the catholic church on a fair bit, but I like this pope he gets it.

His quote was sound, due to his use of humanly speaking , to insinuate he meant what the OP suggested is twisting truth and context, and porbably deliberately so.

Bluecheese

Whatever Jesus was like in real life, I reckon once he died he stayed dead. He was used as an icon to head up the religion called Christianity well after his death. I suspect most of what was written by the gospel writers about him was either highly exaggerated or untrue.

everready

Queen of All

Queen of All

Read this carefully and tell me this isn't the image of the beast:

She appears as a living, breathing, three-dimensional lady enveloped in exquisite light. Visionaries and seers describe a beautiful, young woman glowing in radiant splendor. Seers, while describing her as brilliant to behold and arrayed with every splendor, admit that the "Queen of Heaven" transcends human description.

Marian followers also report seeing strange lights and glorious visions that often accompany an apparition. Visions of angels, glowing orbs, tongues of fire, mysterious solar phenomena, and peculiar luminous clouds have been sighted. Because of the tremendous pleasure and joy experienced by visionaries during an apparition, the term ecstasy[1] is the word most often used to describe this event. Those who have witnessed her, admit that they are paralyzed and enraptured by her beauty and charm.

Numerous healings and miracles have been reported at apparition sites around the globe. In addition, the apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary has repeatedly announced that her most significant signs and wonders are yet future! She admits that she has not yet revealed her full glory to the world. She predicts heavenly signs and wonders that the whole world will soon witness. Consider the following messages received by three separate visionaries:

My sign is emerging. God wills it thus. Only my children recognize it, as it reveals itself in secrecy, and they praise the Eternal One for it. Today I cannot reveal my power to the whole world. I must withdraw with my children. In secrecy I will perform miracles on the souls until the number of sacrifices has become full. ?Then I can reveal myself to the whole world?[2]

Soon, I will come, my children! Soon, I will be in your midst with a great light. I will enlighten the entire world. Many souls will cry because they did not listen to my call. ?I will pass above everyone in a cloud and everyone will see me. What will become of those who insulted me and made a laughing stock of me? ?I will come soon, my sons, to travel through the entire world. I will give a great sign in the sky for those who will still want to be saved. All those who have recourse to me, who have a look of repentance, this will be sufficient to save them.[3]

I wish to also tell you that before my apparitions end completely, I shall be seen by every denomination and religion throughout this world. I will be seen among all people, not for just a moment, but everyone will have a chance to see me. As I appeared in Zeitoun, I shall appear again so everyone may see me. Pray and help my plans to be realized, not just here, but throughout the world.[4]

http://biblebelievers.com/tetlow/queenofall01.html

everready

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:doh:
The Pope is the believed vicar of Christ, so why would ~the Pope~, in his office, state that Jesus was 'a failure'?

I'm Protestant, and yet have no delusion that the Pope would make this insinuation. I think this is just a classic case of paranoia or simply wanting the Pope to have declared such.