POPE SAYS JESUS WAS A FAILURE

everready

Speaking as a Christian, I agree with the Pope. Jesus was indeed a failure. Nothing expected by Christianity happened with the coming of Jesus and all throughout his life. However, speaking as a Jew, since I do not believe the claims of the NT about Jesus, he was not a failure as he was not supposed to act according to the claims of Christianity.

He completed his mission perfectly, he could only be a failure to those that don't know why he came.

everready

dialm

BANNED
Banned
If the Pope said that about Jesus then he would be in good company here. These armini's are out of control. They need some old fashioned Secret Electricity applied.

OCTOBER23

I JUST REPORT THE NEWS

SO DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER

=============================

WHORE -

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Revelation 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
Revelation 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

OCTOBER23

DOZER, Who do you think that it refers to?

There is only one and that is the Catholic Church

because All other Religions are in her, even Mohammed's

sister in law was Catholic and that is part of his History.

Revelation 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments:

for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth

with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Proverbs 23:27 For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit.

OCTOBER23

Istanbul NOT Constantinople
-------------------------------

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks

Istanbul NOT Constantinople

HisServant

Babylon the great is..... Babylon.

If you believe other wise.... explain to us what the Holy Spirit was afraid of that caused him to lie...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Your question makes no sense... I'm not calling anyone here a liar.

All I am doing is questioning why you think it was OK for the Holy Spirit to lie by calling Constantinople Babylon?

you are the one suggesting someone must be lying

I am suggesting there is a different interpretation

it is that simple

HisServant

you are the one suggesting someone must be lying

I am suggesting there is a different interpretation

it is that simple

Babylon = Babylon.... there is no interpretation needed.

If you don't believe that, then you can change any word in the bible to another word with impunity.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
...the cross was a failure.

This man in whose followers saw God was dead. This was not supposed to happen. According to tradition, a messiah was not supposed to die like a common criminal. A messiah was an anointed military king who would conquer the enemies of Israel.

No angels blowing trumpets and an opened sky appeared above Jerusalem, as many had hoped.

Jesus was tortured, suffered and died on a Roman cross.

He was dead.

THAT was the failure. The death of an astonishing prophet.

Jesus died, but Christ has risen. The meaning of the resurrection was that even in death, Jesus’s Power and Presence was still available to his followers after the crucifixion.

The failure is death and silence, but the opposite of death is resurrection.

Death does not have the final word.

HisServant

do you think peter went to babylon?

Archaeological evidence proves that he did. There was a huge Jewish enclave in the ruins of Babylon that fled there due to the Roman occupation... since he was the Apostle to the circumcised, it also makes sense from a scriptural point of view also.