ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Yes. And?? I don't believe you are a Christian simply because you deny the baptism of Jesus Christ as being vitally important to the Christian life. Any born again would say otherwise. In fact, you deny it was even spoken of by JTB.

The second blessing doctrine of entire sanctification, of sinless perfection, is condemned by the Apostle John: “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves; and the truth is not in us” (1 Jn. 1:8).

Cross Reference

The second blessing doctrine of entire sanctification, of sinless perfection, is condemned by the Apostle John: “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves; and the truth is not in us” (1 Jn. 1:8).
It is not the second blessing of any kind being discussed here. It is the Baptism of Jesus Christ. Get that through your thick obstinate Baptist head or get lost.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul clearly says that if you are a Christian, you have the Holy Spirit.

Well yes.

However many believers are told they have all that there is to have when they first believe.

Consider how many do as did Adam and Eve who ate from the tree of knowledge, when they ought to have eaten from the tree of life.

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Perhaps some may receive at one point and not have any flow until later for some reason but throughout the book of Acts such was the receiving and outflowing following at the same time.

Pentecostals have taught that one is born again at one time and baptized in the Spirit later, but the problem with that is many only believe but have never received either and become satisfied with that.

There is no surety of salvation until one enters the Holy Place by the blood of Jesus--

1Jn 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

The sacrifice , the golden sea, and the Holy place of the Temple is being described there as the type of Acts 2:38.

None are Christians in the true sense if they have not come to Christ in that same way. (many believers have never entered into the presence of God)

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
Act 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
Act 8:8 And there was great joy in that city.

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Act 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, ---

LA

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
It is not the second blessing of any kind being discussed here. It is the Baptism of Jesus Christ. Get that through your thick obstinate Baptist head or get lost.

If tongues were merely the gibberish one encounters in Charismatic churches and not real languages, then tongues are not a sign to unbelievers, as Paul clearly asserts.

Cross Reference

If tongues were merely the gibberish one encounters in Charismatic churches and not real languages, then tongues are not a sign to unbelievers, as Paul clearly asserts.

If this and if that. Jesus in the Baptizer of the Holy Ghost. It is His Baptism to His disciples. Not being His disciple is something you should be concerned about.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
If this and if that. Jesus in the Baptizer of the Holy Ghost. It is His Baptism to His disciples. Not being His disciple is something you should be concerned about.

Concerned arminianism appears as the gospel of Christ, but in reality is 'another gospel.' It is a heresy, deadly and soul- ruining, and all the more so because subtle, plausible, and popular. "It is a scheme, for dividing or partitioning the salvation of sinners between God and sinners themselves, instead of ascribing it as the Bible does, to the sovereign grace of God, the perfect and all-sufficient work of Christ, and the efficacious and omnipotent operation of the Holy Spirit."

Cross Reference

Concerned arminianism appears as the gospel of Christ, but in reality is 'another gospel.' It is a heresy, deadly and soul- ruining, and all the more so because subtle, plausible, and popular. "It is a scheme, for dividing or partitioning the salvation of sinners between God and sinners themselves, instead of ascribing it as the Bible does, to the sovereign grace of God, the perfect and all-sufficient work of Christ, and the efficacious and omnipotent operation of the Holy Spirit."

You are a piece of work, you are __ in great need of a spiritually healthy mindset. If I were you, I would pray to that end.

Last edited:

Word based mystic

the main theme of scripture is God desiring relationship with man.
And bringing man to a position to be able to handle relationship with the creator.

God does not desire a puppet or robot to self worship HIM. He would be pulling his own strings to worship Himself.
silly.
relationship is giving and receiving love and passion
not slave forced responses.
silly.
God (desires) all men receive, believe and repent.
God is angry and judges men when they don't receive, believe and repent.
Why be (angry) with a robot if you made to (not) be able to choose or repent or believe.
silly.
You comprehend very little of the Fathers heart for His created children.
empowered passionate, love focused responses from His children.
parable of the talents.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
the main theme of scripture is God desiring relationship with man.
And bringing man to a position to be able to handle relationship with the creator.

God does not desire a puppet or robot to self worship HIM. He would be pulling his own strings to worship Himself.
silly.
relationship is giving and receiving love and passion
not slave forced responses.
silly.
God (desires) all men receive, believe and repent.
God is angry and judges men when they don't receive, believe and repent.
Why be (angry) with a robot if you made to (not) be able to choose or repent or believe.
silly.
You comprehend very little of the Fathers heart for His created children.
empowered passionate, love focused responses from His children.
parable of the talents.

What God doesn't desire doesn't happen

Word based mystic

What God doesn't desire doesn't happen

1 tim 2:4 who (((desires))) all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

yet all do not get saved,
some deny.
some do not repent
some do not believe.
some do not receive

God does not want robots
He wants those who love, lovers of God and lovers of neighbors and even lovers of enemies.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
1 tim 2:4 who (((desires))) all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

yet all do not get saved,
some deny.
some do not repent
some do not believe.
some do not receive

God does not want robots
He wants those who love, lovers of God and lovers of neighbors and even lovers of enemies.

You may feel the need to think everyone will be saved. What other choices does a unregenerate have?

Word based mystic

You may feel the need to think everyone will be saved. What other choices does a unregenerate have?

i haven't seen anyone recently suggesting that (everyone) will be saved.

insinuating something that is not there in order to demean anothers argument is a poor method of refuting someone.

i could call you a nazi just to demean you so your argument would look less valid. but that would be a lie. (I hope) it would not be true

nor do i expect you to lie about my beliefs so you can demean my argument.
I never said anywhere that (everyone will be saved).

others may argue that point.
not me.
though it would seem more plausible in consideration of Gods Love and Fatherly character
than Him creating children so they can be tortured without end,
all for His pleasure.

Cross Reference

i haven't seen anyone recently suggesting that (everyone) will be saved.

insinuating something that is not there in order to demean anothers argument is a poor method of refuting someone.

i could call you a nazi just to demean you so your argument would look less valid. but that would be a lie. (I hope) it would not be true

nor do i expect you to lie about my beliefs so you can demean my argument.
I never said anywhere that (everyone will be saved).

others may argue that point.
not me.
though it would seem more plausible in consideration of Gods Love and Fatherly character
than Him creating children so they can be tortured without end,
all for His pleasure.

We keep forgeting that puppets can't hear. . . :doh: