ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

oatmeal

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

Could you tell us what "no one" means?

The man doing the speaking in tongues does not understand the language he is speaking.

If he did, it would not be an unknown tongue to him, it would be a language he knew and uses.

The incredible manifestation of speaking in tongues is that although it is the believer that does the speaking, it is God that gives the utterance, Acts 2:4

Thus, speaking in tongues is perfect praise and prayer and does speak the wonderful works of God among other things

Cross Reference

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Charismatics teach that believing in Jesus Christ is not enough for the fulfilled Christian life
Really? Where do you get this stuff? I'm not a Charismatic, but I was just wondering.

We belong to Foursquare (ICFG) we're not Charismatic but Pentecostal, I know we've not taught any such thing.

Word based mystic

Charismatics teach that believing in Jesus Christ is not enough for the fulfilled Christian life

way to go.

post of the day

attempts at labeling someone.

especially with a lie.

Did your puppet god type those words for you.

knowing that it is a lie.

then we may start to assume whom your real father is if you continue to lie and falsely accuse.

Cross Reference

“The word glossa is used some thirty times in the Greek Old Testament (the Septuagint) and always its meaning is normal human language”

Well, throw out your "Greek OT". You could hve at least used a "Hebrew OT". Either way you are still wrong. Your arrogance only intensifies it.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Well, throw out your "Greek OT". You could hve at least used a "Hebrew OT". Either way you are still wrong. Your arrogance only intensifies it.

The doctrine of Spirit-baptism as a second work of grace grew directly from the heretical soil of the second-blessing holiness movement of the nineteenth century.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
way to go.

post of the day

attempts at labeling someone.

especially with a lie.

Did your puppet god type those words for you.

knowing that it is a lie.

then we may start to assume whom your real father is if you continue to lie and falsely accuse.

The doctrine of Spirit-baptism as a second work of grace subsequent to salvation does not have biblical support.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Really? Where do you get this stuff? I'm not a Charismatic, but I was just wondering.

We belong to Foursquare (ICFG) we're not Charismatic but Pentecostal, I know we've not taught any such thing.

Most Pentecostal believes that a second work of grace (the baptism in the Holy Spirit) is necessary for spiritual fullness. This teaching is a subtle denial of the sufficiency that we have in Christ; it detracts from the glory due to Jesus Christ and clearly contradicts Paul’s teaching regarding the fullness we have in Christ.

Cross Reference

The doctrine of Spirit-baptism as a second work of grace grew directly from the heretical soil of the second-blessing holiness movement of the nineteenth century.

Only a "good Baptist" would call it a "second work of grace" by believing the Pentecostals had concluded man needed more than one, as an excuse to continue in his elitist conceit.

Tell us our wise conceit friend, when did Jesus ever baptize anyone while on earth? What did JTB say Jesus would do? Why not discover your loss by reading the scriptures for understanding the elementary teaching of Jesus Christ and what you have missed out on by embracing a "chicken dinner religious mentality" that can't get beyond the understanding of intitial salvation from damnation to believe for understanding unto an intimate relationship with God, something one can't accomplish without the baptism of Jesus Christ?

Last edited:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Only a "good Baptist" would call it a "second work of grace" by believing the Pentecostals had concluded man needed more than one, as an excuse to continue in his elitist conceit.

Tell us our wise conceit friend, when did Jesus ever baptize anyone while on earth? What did JTB say Jesus would do? Why not discover your loss by reading the scriptures for understanding the elementary teaching of Jesus Christ and what you have missed out on by embracing a "chicken dinner religious mentality" that can't get beyond the understanding of intitial salvation from damnation to believe for understanding unto an intimate relationship with God, something one can't accomplish without the baptism of Jesus Christ?

The Spirit’s work is not a ‘bonus’ added to the basic salvation secured by Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The doctrine of Spirit-baptism as a second work of grace subsequent to salvation does not have biblical support.

Believers are invited into--

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

It sure is a work of grace.

LA

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Believers are invited into--

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

It sure is a work of grace.

LA

Nowhere in the epistles are believers told to seek Spirit-baptism

Cross Reference

Nowhere in the epistles are believers told to seek Spirit-baptism

Jesus is the baptizer of the Holy Spirit. Have you been baptized by Him? I have. It is more than being baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ that the new born from above, experience. Have you been born again? If you have you would want to be baptized by Jesus Christ. You don't read like you have been. That is why I ask.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the baptizer of the Holy Spirit. Have you been baptized by Him? I have. It is more than being baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ that the new born from above, experience. Have you been born again? If you have you would want to be baptized by Jesus Christ. You don't read like you have been. That is why I ask.

Paul clearly says that if you are a Christian, you have the Holy Spirit.

Cross Reference

Paul clearly says that if you are a Christian, you have the Holy Spirit.

Yes. And?? I don't believe you are a Christian simply because you deny the baptism of Jesus Christ as being vitally important to the Christian life. Any born again would say otherwise. In fact, you deny it was even spoken of by JTB.