"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

God's Truth

Why do you people hung up on elect and saved?

Why do you make such an issue with semantics? It seems that you guys don't have confidence about your faith.

Jesus' salvation is simple and clear.

It is all about being true to Him by striving to follow all His teachings.

It is not about boasting your knowledge of doctrines.

We can know if we are saved now. You are a hypocrite and as one possessed with a demon to attack the saved.

God's Truth

I see a problem in demanding that God is to blame for your choices.

The children of Israel were commanded by God to keep the commandments.

God did not make it so they could not break the commandments (sin), but He did ensure that every morning and evening they would have the choice of whether to keep following Him or not.

In the same manner, God will not make it so a believing Christian cannot sin against Him, but will expect a believing Christian to make the choice to follow Him every morning and evening.

Of course, a believing Christian can sin against God.

elohiym

You dodged a question by making a false accusation. Boring.
And you're lying. Shame on you. I didn't "dodge" any of your questions. You just don't like the answer.

No. You admitted you are dodging here:

What I will not agree with you on is your definition of what it means to be in the flesh and who can do those works of the flesh. That's what you want from me and you won't get it. BECAUSE you are wrong....simple enough.

Boring.

elohiym

In Revelation 2-3 Jesus is speaking to believers that He knows.
He reminds each group of believers that He knows them and that He knows what they are doing.

If you are familiar with the parable of the sower, you would recognize that Jesus is warning them against becoming like the people that received the seed in stony places and among thorns.

These are not people that never knew Jesus.
These are not people that Jesus never knew.
These are people that know Jesus and that Jesus knows, but He is still warning them that they are not going to make it into the kingdom if they don't change what they are doing.

Again, the Lord will say, "I never knew..." somebody. You ought to figure out who never knew Jesus and why. See 1 John 3:6-10.

elohiym

I see a problem in demanding that God is to blame for your choices.

I don't, so why are you making stuff up about me?

... God will not make it so a believing Christian cannot sin against Him ...

False. That is exactly what He does. See 1 John 3:9.

Still, that doesn't mean He is to blame for your choices when you sin occasionally. If you do sin occasionally, it means you did not believe the truth that would have directed your choices. The truth is supposed to set you free from sin, but if you sin at all you are a servant of sin according to Jesus and Paul (Romans 6:16).

elohiym

So far you have given no answer to any believer who is struggling with sin.

What a person needs to believe is supposed to set that person free from sin. Even devils believe something about God, but not what a person needs to believe to be set free from sin. A person who still struggles with sin is a person who has not yet believed the truth that will set them free from sin, the truth that will set them free from that struggle. My answer to that person is believe the gospel, but you think that person is already a believer, just struggling with sin.

The remedy is found in confessing (to Christ)and forsaking ones sinning and being filled with the Holy Spirit (from Christ)

You are talking about believers who are already supposed to be filled with the Holy Spirit; if being filled the first time didn't help, why will it help the second time?

The remedy is not that one became a Christian years ago, and that if anyone sins then they are not saved, as you preach.

All sin is caused by unbelief and reflects unbelief. Someone who hates another is a liar if they claim to love God; it's impossible for that person to be a believer according to a number of scriptures. Someone who claims they don't hate another when they sin is a liar. See 1 John 3:6-9.

glorydaz

No. You admitted you are dodging here:

Boring.

No, I did not admit I was dodging. I refused to answer your demand for a yes or no. The reason for that is clear. You claim you do not sin because of your own obedience, and I'm not such a fool as to make that claim. Therefore, if I answer yes, you'd insist I agree with you, and I don't.

Just because you don't understand that believers are not under the law, doesn't mean you can browbeat me into agreeing with your faulty understanding. Same with your sister in ignorance, God's UNtruth. You are both having a tantrum because I won't put that yoke of bondage you both carry around my own neck.

Dan Emanuel

Of course murder is wrong, evil, sinful. But if it is not done voluntarily but is prompted externally by circumstance's beyond our ability to control currently (even if these circumstance's themselve's are a result of poor choice's that we made previously), then it isn't in Galatians 5:19-21 KJV. Those are thing's chosen of someones free will.
Murder is always wilful...
If a true Christian choose's of his or her own, absolutely free will, to murder, then that Christian has killed not only there victim, but also there own soul.

The likelihood of such a thing occurring is slight, just statistically, if not mechanically/spiritually (sacramentum+mysterium=mystery). It is possible for the true Christian to murder and to yet remain spiritually alive, and it has to do with real and even imagined or hallucinated circumstance's in which we find ourselve's, moment-to-moment, breath to holy breath.

And, if the true Christian was pressured or coerced, threatened or in any way afraid, confused, distressed, lonely, desperate, anxious, worried, impaired, concussed, or otherwise hindered, from making a truly absolutely free and autonomous choice to murder, then that true Christian has probably wounded (but not killed outright) there own soul, and probably pronouncedly. Only certain mental and physical state's would render a murderer completely guiltless, but again, it is possible.

Nobody is saying that murder should be tolerated in any way, even when any of those free-will-debilitating circumstance's are present. A murderer ought to be treated the same way on this earth, regardless of whether they are a true Christian, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the civil law. I want to make that clear.

DJ

Last edited:

Dan Emanuel

If any of you occassional sinners...
I'm not an occasional sinner. I sin all the time.
...want to argue wilful versus intentional sins, please try and understand that there are no laws against unintentional acts. Those laws were abrogated. See Col 2:14. I cannot break non-existent laws, nor can I break all the imaginary laws in your heads that your parents and false churches put upon you. However, if I murder, steal, commit adultery, worship other Gods, I wouldn't be a believer no matter what I claim.
Unless its unintentional (not completely, utterly, absolutely freely chosen), in any way.

DJ

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, I did not admit I was dodging. I refused to answer your demand for a yes or no. The reason for that is clear. You claim you do not sin because of your own obedience, and I'm not such a fool as to make that claim. Therefore, if I answer yes, you'd insist I agree with you, and I don't.

Just because you don't understand that believers are not under the law, doesn't mean you can browbeat me into agreeing with your faulty understanding. Same with your sister in ignorance, God's UNtruth. You are both having a tantrum because I won't put that yoke of bondage you both carry around my own neck.

Good post Glorydaz. Too bad they won't understand it.