"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Shasta

[God's Truth;4475274]Paul did right with Barnabas and Peter. We are told to rebuke those in error. We are to debate, even in public debate. We are to argue, vigorously refute, sharply dispute, persuade, oppose, defend, confirm, command, preach, teach, instruct, rebuke, encourage, and contend.

So then it was Barnabas who had the wrong attitude by wanting to favor his nephew. Very well, then here is an apostle who for partisan reasons caused a heated argument. You are still left with having to explain how a perfected man like Barnabas was able to sin like that. Showing favoritism at the expense of wisdom would be a sin against God who is "no respecter of persons" or was it only Paul who was perfect?

The things Paul was speaking of that he let go of is the pride in being a pharisee.

Well he let go of everything that might have caused him pride.

The prize is eternal life; it is also the inheritance, the crown, and the reward.

Paul is speaking about not losing his salvation.

So Paul lets everything go, pressing on towards the mark and the prize which you say was eternal life (at least in part). What do you think Paul meant when he spoke of "attaining the resurrection" In a contest like an Olympic race you attain something by overcoming.

He said he had not obtained it yet and neither was he already perfect Since we are changed progressively as we "behold his face" he could not be a perfect reproduction of Christ's image until he saw him face to face in His presence.

Paul is acknowledging that he is sure of his salvation and that he is not going to lose his salvation.

Why do you keep saying what he was sure of. Did Paul believe OSAS? I mean I do not imagine he "doubted his salvation" but I do not know why you are saying THIS particular passage expresses this confidence. You could base this claim on other passages like 2 Timothy 1:12

The Bible says we are holy, sanctified, and perfect. That is what God says and that is how I see myself. The scriptures say we are to live up to that. If I am not holy and perfect, then how shall I live up to that?

Okay so you are saying that positionally speaking you stand forgiven in His righteousness. Well in that sense I am too. I can say like George FOx "Christ has taken away my sin and in Him there is no sin" but we have been talking about experiential practical holiness, how we actually think, speak, choose to behave every day. I have always taken what you have said to be a claim of practical not positional perfection. Have I been misreading you?