"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Right Divider

Body part
but he did baptize in the previous verses
1 corinthains 1:12-16
12 What I am saying is this: Each of you says, “I’m with Paul,” or “I’m with Apollos,” or “I’m with Cephas,” or “I’m with Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was it Paul who was crucified for you? Or were you baptized in Paul’s name? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one can say you were baptized in my name. 16 I did, in fact, baptize the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t know if I baptized anyone else.
Have you ever heard of things like 'revelation' and 'time'?

Jamie Gigliotti

The devil....seeking whom he may devour. You might say yes, but the Lord will say NO. The devil can't devour anyone who has the Spirit of God dwelling in them. "Almost" doesn't count. He didn't. He didn't because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

So, you're wrong, and that doubt (yes, doubt and FEAR) does not come from God who has bought you with great price, paying down an earnest only God can give (sealed with the Holy Spirit) to prove His commitment. He is able even when we doubt ourselves. If it was up to you and your faithfulness then you would be able to say you had a hand in your salvation. "I kept myself"...."I remained faithful".

Read these verses from Ephesians very carefully, and pray the Lord reveals the wonderful truth found there. These are carefully chosen words that you are forced to ignore by what you have said. All glory for God's grace....all glory will go to the Lord Jesus Christ. No man can say the Lord couldn't have done it without their cooperation. We accept the gift that is freely given. There are no strings attached to God's Grace...and in the ages to come, every being will admit that.

Eph. 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
You say God is not a puppeteer, but we have no will. Saved by Grace does not take away free will. How can a man boast? Did we die on the cross and pay for sin? Did we love God first? Did our goodness reconcile us to God? Did we give ourselves the gift of the Holy Spirit. Did we make the way of salvation? Is salvation dependent on our love and power? There is absolutely no way a man can boast. And it is only the Devils lies that want to take away the responsibility God places on us to repent, continue to turn to him more and more in Humility and need and crucify our old selves By His grace and our free choice to do so. God holds us responsible to surrender to Him to accept the grace He offers. The Devil wants to convince we can take God for granted. He loves us. He proved that, but he will not be mocked. You mediitate on these. For your own good and those who need to recognize, who our Father is.

"For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or is coveteous (that is an idolator), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience." Ephesians 5:5-6

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows that will He also reap." Galatians 6:7

"Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves, from every dedefilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God."
2 Corinthians 7:1

It is by His grace to know the fear of the Lord.

Shasta

No, that isn't true at all. My understanding of the Body of Christ existed years and years prior to my ever hearing the term MAD or knowing anything of what they believe.

I did not mean you personally. I do not know by what route you came to believe in this system of beliefs that has come to be called MAD. I was speaking about how Biblical terms have been understood in Christendom since it's earliest days and in the grand scheme MAD has been absent. Now while that in itself does not make it wrong, it certainly makes it highly suspect. However, I feel all this about MAD, such as the denial of commonly accepted practices like Baptism wanders far afield of the topic which is about OSAS

Dan Emanuel

I always wonder about posters that, when asked, refuse to say if they have
ever read the entire Bible? That would be GT. Most refuse to post a personal
Testimony of their faith. I wonder about those types, as well.
All the way through twice, for me, in case your wondering. :)

A word of caution though: it was the N.I.V., both time's . . . and some people think the N.I.V. was translated by the homosexual lobby apparently, I've learned, recently; so take it with a grain of salt. :)

:D

DJ

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Instead of offering your opinions and repeating verbatim beliefs of MAD which many of us do not accept why don't you offer hard evidence from scripture? That is the way to object to our arguments.

I have used Scripture in my posts. Evidently, you don't follow me
around? If you did, you might learn something? The "many" you
speak of, are ignorant in the area of "Rightly Dividing" God's Word.

So, you're one of those, "Many" who are ignorant in that respect.
Remember, the Bible says: Matthew 7:13 "Enter ye in at the strait gate:
for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and
many there be which go in thereat:"

Not ALL of humankind will hear the Grace Message and place their
total faith in Christ. They'll want to add their own works/deeds and
philosophies. Faith is what God looks for. Many on TOL are not swayed
by Scripture even. You need to learn how to "Rightly Divide" and read
and study "Romans through Philemon."

Have you read the entire Bible? Cover to cover, name for name, word
for word?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

A word of caution though: it was the N.I.V., both time's . . . and some people think the N.I.V. was translated by the homosexual lobby apparently, I've learned, recently; so take it with a grain of salt. :)

DJ

Go back and read either the "King James Version or The New
King James Version." (My personal favorite)

Right Divider

Body part

DJ
The NIV is, indeed, a piece of garbage.

For example, they INSERT the word "Israel" into Eph 3:6 even thought that word does NOT appear in ANY Greek manuscript.

This is clearly a "bible" with an agenda and NOT a translation.

God's Truth

You haven't even read the entire Bible. Ought we to listen to you?

The reason why I will not answer you about how many times I read the Bible is because you have a false pride in how many times you read it.

If you read the Bible a thousand times it will not help you to understand, for there are many people who read the Bible many times and come from all kinds of false denominations and beliefs.

We get understanding by obeying. Don't you recognize that truth from the Bible you read many times?

God's Truth

The NIV is, indeed, a piece of garbage.

For example, they INSERT the word "Israel" into Eph 3:6 even thought that word does NOT appear in ANY Greek manuscript.

This is clearly a "bible" with an agenda and NOT a translation.

The best NIV translation of all is the NIV 1984.

The Weymouth has some excellent scriptures that are more enlightened than other translations, as does the NET.

As for the Old Testament, I would not be without the KJV.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I did not mean you personally. I do not know by what route you came to believe in this system of beliefs that has come to be called MAD. I was speaking about how Biblical terms have been understood in Christendom since it's earliest days and in the grand scheme MAD has been absent. Now while that in itself does not make it wrong, it certainly makes it highly suspect. However, I feel all this about MAD, such as the denial of commonly accepted practices like Baptism wanders far afield of the topic which is about OSAS

Mark 1:8 states: "I indeed have baptized you with water:
but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost." John the Baptist
said that. Do you believe what he said?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The reason why I will not answer you about how many times I read the Bible is because you have a false pride in how many times you read it.

If you read the Bible a thousand times it will not help you to understand, for there are many people who read the Bible many times and come from all kinds of false denominations and beliefs.

We get understanding by obeying. Don't you recognize that truth from the Bible you read many times?

The "Real" reason is, you haven't read the entire Bible. Be honest?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You desperately need to turn off your Laptop and read and study
Romans through Philemon. Your ignorance is beyond measure.

Shasta

I have used Scripture in my posts. Evidently, you don't follow me
around? If you did, you might learn something? The "many" you
speak of, are ignorant in the area of "Rightly Dividing" God's Word.

So, you're one of those, "Many" who are ignorant in that respect.
Remember, the Bible says: Matthew 7:13 "Enter ye in at the strait gate:
for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and
many there be which go in thereat:"

Not ALL of humankind will hear the Grace Message and place their
total faith in Christ. They'll want to add their own works/deeds and
philosophies. Faith is what God looks for. Many on TOL are not swayed
by Scripture even. You need to learn how to "Rightly Divide" and read
and study "Romans through Philemon."

Have you read the entire Bible? Cover to cover, name for name, word
for word?

Well I have seen you address scriptures. It just seems that you tend to get into unsupported proclamations of your faith in MAD.

From the post I have read I have learned something - about how you try to rally support against people you disagree with. It is social pressure like saying "Let's all pile on X" That one way of fighting someone but it hardly qualifies as a "reasoned defense" of the faith. Many people in history who were lone voices turned out to be right.

To answer your question, I have read the entire Bible many times. After all that I believe more than ever that MAD is based on a faulty system of interpretation that which leads a person to read meanings into passages that are not there.

I am surprised to see you citing Matthew 7:13. Isn't that part of the Gospel of the Kingdom written "to us but not for us?"