"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

God's Truth

You didn't answer my question in the slightest bit right their. "...Jesus' flesh..." is a red herring.

Do you, or do you not, believe that Jesus, or Paul, taught us to take communion? Such that, if we did not, we would be disobeying?

DJ

Paul said to get together to warn each other about obeying.

It is not a sin to not go to church. Do you warn others in your church to obey? Do you kick them out for sinning, as Paul says to do?

I meet with all of you here and spur everyone on to obey more than most.

glorydaz

Ok, let's say the Holy Spirit baptizes us into Christ. In your understanding, at what point in ones conversion does this happen?

When you hear the Gospel of Salvation and believe in your heart.

1 Cor. 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

God's Truth

How do you know? You haven't even taken the time to read ALL of
God's written Word? Yet, you call yourself a Christian. Pick up your
Bible and start at Genesis.

We are still studying about Genesis.

We discussed Adam and Eve and how they believed in God and had to obey.

Now let's move on to Cain and Abel.

Cain believed God, did he have to obey and not murder his brother?

Jamie Gigliotti

Instead of reading that verse as a fact, which it is, you read your own doubt into it. He doesn't force us to.....but he does give us the will (desire) and the power to do His good pleasure....through His Spirit which dwells in us. Give credit where credit is due....lest you are left to boast and boasting is excluded by the law of faith. Those are the facts....not man's pretending his own effort is what accomplishes anything good.

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.​
I know what it is like to walk away, to be full of hate again and even in my foolishness anger towards God. The lesson was severe and almost cost me everything. Did I survive by His grace? Yes! Did He work in my heart Grace to once again turn to Him with my life. Yes! I know the path I was on and He by His sovereign choice gave me will to either fulfill my destiny in Him by Grace or by fire in my pride. I can not take any credit for me turning, but undoubtedly He held me accountable for refusing Him and not remaining in Him, and I am most thoroughly convinced I would have paid the ultimate price if I continued in my pride. He is my rock and my salvation and I also know the truth that I must fear what His holiness demands and if I go back down a road of pride He will not be giving me the welcome I desire. The Devil is prowling, He almost devoured me, what an unkind, evil thing would it be for me to not sound the alarm just as the scriptures do.

glorydaz

I know what it is like to walk away, to be full of hate again and even in my foolishness anger towards God. The lesson was severe and almost cost me everything. Did I survive by His grace? Yes! Did He work in my heart Grace to once again turn to Him with my life. Yes! I know the path I was on and He by His sovereign choice gave me will to either fulfill my destiny in Him by Grace or by fire in my pride. I can not take any credit for me turning, but undoubtedly He held me accountable for refusing Him and not remaining in Him, and I am most thoroughly convinced I would have paid the ultimate price if I continued in my pride. He is my rock and my salvation and I also know the truth that I must fear what His holiness demands and if I go back down a road of pride He will not be giving me the welcome I desire. The Devil is prowling, He almost devoured me, what an unkind, evil thing would it be for me to not sound the alarm just as the scriptures do.

The devil....seeking whom he may devour. You might say yes, but the Lord will say NO. The devil can't devour anyone who has the Spirit of God dwelling in them. "Almost" doesn't count. He didn't. He didn't because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

So, you're wrong, and that doubt (yes, doubt and FEAR) does not come from God who has bought you with great price, paying down an earnest only God can give (sealed with the Holy Spirit) to prove His commitment. He is able even when we doubt ourselves. If it was up to you and your faithfulness then you would be able to say you had a hand in your salvation. "I kept myself"...."I remained faithful".

Read these verses from Ephesians very carefully, and pray the Lord reveals the wonderful truth found there. These are carefully chosen words that you are forced to ignore by what you have said. All glory for God's grace....all glory will go to the Lord Jesus Christ. No man can say the Lord couldn't have done it without their cooperation. We accept the gift that is freely given. There are no strings attached to God's Grace...and in the ages to come, every being will admit that.

Eph. 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

turbosixx

When you hear the Gospel of Salvation and believe in your heart.

1 Cor. 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

Ok, let's try this and tell me where I might be missing somethng. Going on the understanding that after hearing the gospel and believing at that point the Holy Spirit baptizes you into Christ.

Now if we look at conversions that talk about the Holy Spirit is that what we see. Do we see Holy Spirit baptism.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" 38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

It looks to me that when they believed they were told to be baptized and then they would receive the Holy Spirit. So baptism here is water and not of the Holy Spirit.

One more.
Acts 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit."
If we receive the Holy Spirit upon believing the gospel, why would Paul ask this question?

3 And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism."
It's clear that Paul is asking about water baptism because if the Holy Spirit does the baptizing, wouldn't the Holy Spirit know what to baptize them into?

Applying the assumption that the Holy Spirit baptizes us into Christ without water does not fit the examples we are given that show us what happens at conversion. It works if we look at those examples and understand the Holy Spirit puts us into Christ when we are baptized just as Jesus instructed.
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them

The only time I see in scripture where the Holy Spirit does the baptizing is the apostles on Pentecost and the first Gentile converts.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If a believer keeps on sinning they can fall into judgement.

Actually, it is much worse than this for you. Since you want to be of the circumcision so bad.

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

However, us Saints are dead to sin and alive to the Lord Jesus Christ. He who has died, has been freed from sin. We are now slaves of righteousness.

God's Truth

Actually, it is much worse than this for you. Since you want to be of the circumcision so bad.

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

However, us Saints are dead to sin and alive to the Lord Jesus Christ. He who has died, has been freed from sin. We are now slaves of righteousness.

If you are still sinning then you are not dead to sin.

glorydaz

Ok, let's try this and tell me where I might be missing somethng. Going on the understanding that after hearing the gospel and believing at that point the Holy Spirit baptizes you into Christ.

Now if we look at conversions that talk about the Holy Spirit is that what we see. Do we see Holy Spirit baptism.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" 38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

It looks to me that when they believed they were told to be baptized and then they would receive the Holy Spirit. So baptism here is water and not of the Holy Spirit.

One more.
Acts 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit."
If we receive the Holy Spirit upon believing the gospel, why would Paul ask this question?

3 And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism."
It's clear that Paul is asking about water baptism because if the Holy Spirit does the baptizing, wouldn't the Holy Spirit know what to baptize them into?

Applying the assumption that the Holy Spirit baptizes us into Christ without water does not fit the examples we are given that show us what happens at conversion. It works if we look at those examples and understand the Holy Spirit puts us into Christ when we are baptized just as Jesus instructed.
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them

The only time I see in scripture where the Holy Spirit does the baptizing is the apostles on Pentecost and the first Gentile converts.

None of those speak of the Holy Spirit baptizing a person INTO Christ. Do you see that "into John's baptism..."? That is not the Holy Spirit baptizing someone into the body of Christ. Now, I've seen where others on here have tried to talk to you about the different baptisms from the scriptures, but you don't seem to want to listen. From what I have seen, your mind is set in concrete and you refuse to hear anyone on this issue. The ONLY baptism that matters for you and for me....the ONE baptism that Paul speaks of is NOT a baptism that is performed by men to "make disciples" or anything else. It is the ONE that places us into the body of Christ performed by the Holy Spirit without any other person present at all except the one person that is being indwelt by the Holy Spirit and placed INTO CHRIST.....as a new creature. We must be "created" a new creature IN HIM. I can't make it any clearer and I honestly doubt you are at the place where you will hear from anyone.

When I saw you ignore Heir's post about Paul NOT being sent to baptize but to preach the Gospel, I realized you don't even understand what the Gospel of Salvation is much less what it means to be indwelt by the Spirit or to be crucified with Christ and raised into newness of life. You need to listen before you will hear.

glorydaz

Hebrews 6

:thumb: I always have to wonder about people who claim to believe the Bible but refuse to believe what the Bible says so clearly.

Danoh

:thumb: I always have to wonder about people who claim to believe the Bible but refuse to believe what the Bible says so clearly.

Looking at these issues between people towards identifying some common denominator, what I continue to find is that it is not always so much that one side believes the Bible less, or not at all, rather, that as with everyone else, including each of us; they each believe theirunderstanding of what they read in the Bible.

Where people conclude things from a different premise, they will differ in its conclusion; where the premise they each see things from is the same (more or less), the conclusion they each arrive at will be more likely be closer in agreement (more or less).

In this, we each end up with our own version of "for us/not for us."

More so the more we will not at least attempt to understand the premise we are each base what we are, on.

Acts 17:

2. And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
3. Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

10. And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

That right there is ever what is missing whenever differences in understanding end up differences with one another.

Notice, even that has... a premise all else flows from... :)

turbosixx

None of those speak of the Holy Spirit baptizing a person INTO Christ. Do you see that "into John's baptism..."? That is not the Holy Spirit baptizing someone into the body of Christ. Now, I've seen where others on here have tried to talk to you about the different baptisms from the scriptures, but you don't seem to want to listen. From what I have seen, your mind is set in concrete and you refuse to hear anyone on this issue. The ONLY baptism that matters for you and for me....the ONE baptism that Paul speaks of is NOT a baptism that is performed by men to "make disciples" or anything else. It is the ONE that places us into the body of Christ performed by the Holy Spirit without any other person present at all except the one person that is being indwelt by the Holy Spirit and placed INTO CHRIST.....as a new creature. We must be "created" a new creature IN HIM. I can't make it any clearer and I honestly doubt you are at the place where you will hear from anyone.

When I saw you ignore Heir's post about Paul NOT being sent to baptize but to preach the Gospel, I realized you don't even understand what the Gospel of Salvation is much less what it means to be indwelt by the Spirit or to be crucified with Christ and raised into newness of life. You need to listen before you will hear.

Ok, I appreciate your time and patience.

redpill4vr

Why don't you believe the scriptures about those who keep sinning even after being chastened?

Do you know why believers are chastened?

Believers are chastened so that they repent and stop sinning.

If a believer keeps on sinning they can fall into judgement.

so true........ just because God chasten's a believer that does not mean that his/her sin is cleansed.

Revelation 3:19
19 All those I love, I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent!

Shasta

Analogies? You think Paul just "coined that phrase"? So you don't think we are hid with Christ in God? You don't think we are new creatures created IN HIM? Rather than called out and left out, we are now IN CHRIST. His Spirit dwells in us. He is our head and we are His body. Our hands working are HIS working through us. We're not just a bunch of people who gather together on occasion. I'm kinda surprised to hear the Body of Christ is just an analogy. Maybe I don't understand what you mean by analogy. :idunno:

I should have said he was speaking metaphorically. A metaphor is simply a comparison. God uses comparisons, in the parables and in the OT typology to facilitate our understanding of spiritual realities that otherwise may be unclear.

The literal body of Christ was nailed to a cross and still has the imprints of the nails in His hands. We are not that. However, as you say, He expresses Himself through us (corporately and individually . Literally we are not the temple. We are compared to the temple, or the temple is used as a metaphor to represent us corporately and individually because He is present with us and in us. The image of a human body and the temple assist us in seeing spiritual realities.