"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

God's Truth

Every "True Believer" should be able to say, "I've read the entire written Word
of God." (The Holy Bible)

I started reading the Bible when I was about 10 years old.

I did not get understanding about what I read until I was about 36 years old. That was after I started obeying.

Jesus reveals himself and gives understanding to those who obey. Do you recognize that from the scriptures?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I started reading the Bible when I was about 10 years old.

I did not get understanding about what I read until I was about 36 years old. That was after I started obeying.

Jesus reveals himself and gives understanding to those who obey. Do you recognize that from the scriptures?

But, did you read it in its entirety? Simple yes or no will do?

turbosixx

Look really really closely and tell me that does not say baptized by the Holy Spirit. BY ONE SPIRIT ARE WE ALL BAPTIZED....

Ok, let's say the Holy Spirit baptizes us into Christ. In your understanding, at what point in ones conversion does this happen?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Why don't you believe the scriptures about those who keep sinning even after being chastened?"
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

One will suffer natural consequences. Eternal consequences may be yet future (Ps. 73:1–28).

"Jn 5:14 Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you. The basic thrust of Jesus’ comments here indicate that sin has its inevitable consequences (cf. Gal 6:7, 8). Although Scripture makes clear that not all disease is a consequence of sin (cf. 9:1–3; Luke 13:1–5), illness at times may be directly tied into one’s moral turpitude (cf. 1 Cor. 11:29, 30; James 5:15). Jesus may specifically have chosen this man in order to highlight this point." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1587). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

"Do you know why believers are chastened?"
For the same reason that a parent chastens a child: to correct (Jer. 24:5, 6), prevent sin (2 Cor. 12:7–9), bless (Ps. 94:12, 13), etc.. Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 129). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

turbosixx

I initially quoted 1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV in hopes you would read it and have a light bulb moment realizing that what Paul preached could not be of the same gospel as Paul would not have been able to say that Christ sent him not to baptize.

Could you clarify please. I assume you mean Paul and Peter but I want to be sure.

elohiym

Really. It's possible for a believer to sin ...

False. See 1 John 3:6-10.

Heed Paul's warning.

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Dan Emanuel

We eat Jesus' flesh by obeying Jesus. We do not eat Jesus' flesh by a priest turning wafers into Jesus' body.
You didn't answer my question in the slightest bit right their. "...Jesus' flesh..." is a red herring.

Do you, or do you not, believe that Jesus, or Paul, taught us to take communion? Such that, if we did not, we would be disobeying?

DJ

God's Truth

God's Grace is a free gift. You can't earn it, purchase it, borrow it, lease or
rent it. You seem to think you have to obey the law in order to receive it.
Yet, God says He, wants your faith alone.

Faith alone is mentioned only one time in the KJV, and it is to tell us what kind of faith NOT to have.

God's Truth

:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

One will suffer natural consequences. Eternal consequences may be yet future (Ps. 73:1–28).

"Jn 5:14 Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you. The basic thrust of Jesus’ comments here indicate that sin has its inevitable consequences (cf. Gal 6:7, 8). Although Scripture makes clear that not all disease is a consequence of sin (cf. 9:1–3; Luke 13:1–5), illness at times may be directly tied into one’s moral turpitude (cf. 1 Cor. 11:29, 30; James 5:15). Jesus may specifically have chosen this man in order to highlight this point." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1587). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

For the same reason that a parent chastens a child: to correct (Jer. 24:5, 6), prevent sin (2 Cor. 12:7–9), bless (Ps. 94:12, 13), etc.. Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 129). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.