Online Prayer Requests

RevTestament

Thank you all for your prayers. Unfortunately, I think God is busy elsewhere. :(
Today my mother called my husband at work to tell him she loves him and our son, but hates me and will never forgive me - I don't know what for, but she has great difficulty telling her fantasy from her reality, so I would guess she has dreamed I did something to her.

She also tried to tell him all sorts of awful things about me. Things that were absolutely crazy, and awful beyond belief. I really don't know what to do.
I'm sorry to hear this - it has got to hurt. You must pray for her. Have you tried going with you husband over to see her, and see how she responds? You may also want to consider her nutrition, as this can definitely impact the health of the brain. I assume this has gotten worse with age? It isn't all prior brain damage. For brain health Dr Daniel Amen suggests a complete rainbow of foods esp those high in natural oils - nuts etc - that the brain needs. Also foods high in choline like egg yolks and milk products, cheese, yogurt, etc.
God bless.

Breathe

I'm sorry to hear this - it has got to hurt. You must pray for her. Have you tried going with you husband over to see her, and see how she responds? You may also want to consider her nutrition, as this can definitely impact the health of the brain. I assume this has gotten worse with age? It isn't all prior brain damage. For brain health Dr Daniel Amen suggests a complete rainbow of foods esp those high in natural oils - nuts etc - that the brain needs. Also foods high in choline like egg yolks and milk products, cheese, yogurt, etc.
God bless.

Thank you for very sage advice. A lifetime of barely controlled anorexia hasn't helped her much, either. She has always been obsessed with everyone's weight. Most likely that was the only thing under her control when she was young, and lived in a very bad situation.

She finally called me tonight, to tell me - among other things - that she loves me. Of course, a few days ago, she told me that she had TRIED hard to love me for years, but.....

My mom has always been a classic narcissist, and the dementia has removed her filter, so she does and says whatever strikes her as a good idea at the moment. It's very hard on those around her. Hopefully this latest round of remorse will buy peace through the holidays.

Thank you all for your prayers. It means so much to be able to sense this wall of prayers going up on our behalf! :)

RevTestament

Ah. That can explain much. Yeah, anorexia is bad for the brain. The brain is basically a blob of fat with a lot of water - don't tell her that tho! It needs a lot of high quality oils - hence the omega 3 craze. But more than just omega 3. Anyway, here the whole grain breads are important. Believe it or not, virgin coconut oil is very good. Yes, it is a saturated fat, but it is not hydrogenated. All the craze after WW II against "saturated fats" was from studies that compared HYDROGENATED saturated oils against vegetable oils which had replaced the coconut oil during the war since our supply sources in the Pacific had been overrun with Japanese. Crisco got toasted. Guess what? Since that time American health has generally declined although we are living longer due to medical advancements. There is much more degenerative disease. Natural coconut oil is very good for the brain. It is basically all medium chain fatty acids which raise good cholesterol. When it is absorbed by the body, it basically goes straight to the brain rather than getting stored as fat like long-chain fatty acids can.
Well, I think I'm jumping ahead here - I wouldn't know how to get her to be receptive to any of this. Maybe your husband would be able to get her to watch a Daniel Amen video. ;) Or just tell her you will shop for her, and then buy her a container of coconut oil. We'll be praying for you.

Wile E. Coyote

Please pray for my family and myself - please pray for Gods comfort right now over us, please - thank you
praying.gif

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you ALL for praying for Mrs Psalmist (Violet), she is better, she says she feels human again, a little slow, but human.
Again thank you for your prayers, the Lord does hear and answer.

Mrs Psalmist (Violet) had Dr's appt today, he gave her a clean bill of health so far as the respiratory exacerbation is concerned, she suppose take it easier from here out, her lung capacity is 20%, so her nighttime supplemental oxygen requirement, thankfully it is 24/7.

Again thanks to all at TOL for your kindness, prayers and Christian love ~ Psalmist

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Mrs Psalmist (Violet) had Dr's appt today, he gave her a clean bill of health so far as the respiratory exacerbation is concerned, she suppose take it easier from here out, her lung capacity is 20%, so her nighttime supplemental oxygen requirement, thankfully it is 24/7.

Again thanks to all at TOL for your kindness, prayers and Christian love ~ Psalmist
Praise the Lord!

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

I pray for both of you.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Mrs Psalmist has had a set back with a terrible night and early morning, she spent six hours during the night trying to the heavy phlegm out of her lungs, the Dr told to on O2 24/7 now at 2.5 lpm. At this time she's a bit better but worn out from all the coughing. If she has another respiratory exacerbation like that again she's to go to the hospital.

Thanks for your prayers for Mrs Psalmist.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Mrs Psalmist has had a set back with a terrible night and early morning, she spent six hours during the night trying to the heavy phlegm out of her lungs, the Dr told to on O2 24/7 now at 2.5 lpm. At this time she's a bit better but worn out from all the coughing. If she has another respiratory exacerbation like that again she's to go to the hospital.

Prayers for Mrs. Psalmist and for you too. You both must be exhausted. I'm so sorry. I hope the day brings relief and rest.

Son of Jack

One of our friends from my school days got a call Christmas day that her sister had been killed in a car accident. The person who hit her and her husband was drunk. Her husband is in serious but stable condition. Please pray for the family.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
My heart is heavy for all those needing prayer. May God be with them and may He strengthen them in their time of need.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Violet (Mrs Psalmist) is better, still dealing the a 2-3 of respiratory exacerbation's a day, not as severe as the first two in the past couple of weeks. she seems to require daytime O2 more often as well. The pulmonary Dr may recommend home health care, that's not quite home bound.

Anyway, Praise the Lord for what has been done for Violet, for what is being done for Violet, and for what will be done for Violet.

Again, we really appreciate you all praying with us, and you'll not be forgotten either.