Online Prayer Requests

Breathe

Prayers for you both, and specifically for Mrs. Psalmist.

I could use some prayer. My mother is 81, and suffers from dementia, they think caused by alcohol use and a brain injury - both from years ago. She has never been an easy person to love, and the dementia has removed what little of a personal filter she has, so now she is extraordinarily mean. My father is a lovely Christian man, and is her caretaker. It is very hard on him, and he has heart trouble, which I worry about all the time. I am her only child, and she positively loathes me. She hates for my father to spend any time or attention on me, and he and I are very close.

Anyway, it is a long and complicated story, so there is no way I can tell it all here - but I would ask all of you to please pray for strength for my dad and the rest of us, and for peace and family harmony through the holidays. She refused to come to Thanksgiving dinner, and tried to have him arrested the day before because he broke a plate after she tried to assault him. I am at the end of my rope.

Thank you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I could use some prayer. My mother is 81, and suffers from dementia, they think caused by alcohol use and a brain injury - both from years ago. She has never been an easy person to love, and the dementia has removed what little of a personal filter she has, so now she is extraordinarily mean. My father is a lovely Christian man, and is her caretaker. It is very hard on him, and he has heart trouble, which I worry about all the time. I am her only child, and she positively loathes me. She hates for my father to spend any time or attention on me, and he and I are very close.

Anyway, it is a long and complicated story, so there is no way I can tell it all here - but I would ask all of you to please pray for strength for my dad and the rest of us, and for peace and family harmony through the holidays. She refused to come to Thanksgiving dinner, and tried to have him arrested the day before because he broke a plate after she tried to assault him. I am at the end of my rope.

Thank you.

Prayers for you and your family.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mrs Psalmist has had a respiratory problem since last Thursday, she has been on O2 24/7 since Thursday afternoon. We'll be going to the pulmonary Dr this afternoon for a 3:30 appt to see what all this and if there has been a significant change in her lungs. Her lung capacity is 22%, and may have dropped a couple of points since her last full pulmonary function test.

I may not be able to post the Evening Praise the Lord in Praise the Lord III.

Thank you for remembering Mrs Psalmist (Violet)

Psalmist (Tom)
Hello...

The Dr listened to her lungs and breathing rhythm and decided to for go an lung xray, his findings are that Violet has had a mild respiratory exacerbation, she back on anti-b's again since she hacking up colored mucus, she as to do a prednisone tapper for a number of days, and O2 24/7, and bed rest for two weeks. Then back to the Dr in two weeks for a follow-up.

Violet explained the essential oils and she was using them, Dr didn't seem all that interested.* Violet told me after she left the Dr's office that she'll continue the essential oils treatment as it does help.
So dear one's that's where we are.

Tom

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Thank you.
We'll be praying for your mom and you, we've seen that at the nursing home, so we are somewhat acquainted with it.

Bless you dear friend :e4e:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello...

The Dr listened to her lungs and breathing rhythm and decided to for go an lung xray, his findings are that Violet has had a mild respiratory exacerbation, she back on anti-b's again since she hacking up colored mucus, she as to do a prednisone tapper for a number of days, and O2 24/7, and bed rest for two weeks. Then back to the Dr in two weeks for a follow-up.

Violet explained the essential oils and she was using them, Dr didn't seem all that interested.* Violet told me after she left the Dr's office that she'll continue the essential oils treatment as it does help.
So dear one's that's where we are.

Tom

Continuing to pray for Mrs. Pslamist and you.

Breathe

We'll be praying for your mom and you, we've seen that at the nursing home, so we are somewhat acquainted with it.

Bless you dear friend :e4e:

I am glad that Mrs Psalmist has a good report. Hopefully her treatment will have her right as rain soonest! :)

You know, my mom and I have always had minor differences, but until her dementia reached the point that she lost her civilizing filters, I never realized how much she resents and dislikes me. It is very sad, and I try not to dwell on it - but that's hard not to do.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I'm so saddened to hear about the suffering everyone is experiencing. I will remember you in my prayers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

keypurr

Mrs Psalmist has had a respiratory problem since last Thursday, she has been on O2 24/7 since Thursday afternoon. We'll be going to the pulmonary Dr this afternoon for a 3:30 appt to see what all this and if there has been a significant change in her lungs. Her lung capacity is 22%, and may have dropped a couple of points since her last full pulmonary function test.

I may not be able to post the Evening Praise the Lord in Praise the Lord III.

Psalmist (Tom)

My prayers are for you both. Your dedication to God will give you strength. God bless you both.

keypurr

Thank you.

You have mine friend. My mom had the big "A" for 8 years before she passed. She did not make any sense at all when she spoke. You have been given a hard road to travel. Learn from your Dad and trust in God. God bless you and give you the power to stay on course.

Preceptive

That men in my college, especially those who are considering becoming pastors and teachers, would learn to love the Scriptures and their doctrines.

Breathe

Thank you all for your prayers. Unfortunately, I think God is busy elsewhere. :(
Today my mother called my husband at work to tell him she loves him and our son, but hates me and will never forgive me - I don't know what for, but she has great difficulty telling her fantasy from her reality, so I would guess she has dreamed I did something to her.

She also tried to tell him all sorts of awful things about me. Things that were absolutely crazy, and awful beyond belief. I really don't know what to do.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mrs Psalmist has had a respiratory problem since last Thursday, she has been on O2 24/7 since Thursday afternoon....

Psalmist (Tom)
Here is an update since Monday.

Mrs Psalmist is much better so far as the lung inflammation lung virus is concerned. It's still the O2 that is the issue, on O2 she maintains an O2 level of 95-97%, off O2 and on room air her O2 level falls to 90-91% and is slow to get across the room. So for now she is 24/7 O2 dependent, improvement is slow, we'll see what the next 5 days hold forth.

Again thank you for remembering Mrs Psalmist (Violet) in prayer :e4e:

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I'll continue paying for you and your sweet wife.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you ALL for praying for Mrs Psalmist (Violet), she is better, she says she feels human again, a little slow, but human.

keypurr

Thank you ALL for praying for Mrs Psalmist (Violet), she is better, she says she feels human again, a little slow, but human.

Great, it is an honor to pray for God loveing folks like you and your wife. The world needs more Mr and Mrs Psalmist in it.