On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are all responsible for our own actions. If those actions put us in a dangerous position, we are at fault. I'm at fault if I take my kids in a boat with no life jacket and one of them drowns. I'm at fault if I don't watch my child and he wanders into the street. I know it....regardless of what anyone else says.

The difference in these situations is that the child is not drowned on purpose. A child is not pushed in front of the car.

Not so with a rapist. In the situations you have set out, the rapist would be the person who throws the child off of the boat so they will drown. The rapist would be the person gunning their car and aiming it at the child.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Anything that doesn't include consent is rape.
consent can be implied. All that is claimed as rape, isnt.

I am still waiting to hear why in the world someone who is drunk or has been drugged would deserve to be raped.

Like i am still waiting for you to show me where i made any such claim, and in fact have corrected you on now 3 times.

I am still waiting to hear why in the world someone who would use that opportunity as an excuse to rape someone should be defended.

Since i neither presented nor have seen anyone defend such a thing, you are as guilty of anna of inventing untruths.

Do post now where this has happened, where i have defended such, or where i said it was ok or anything about it, other than its wrong, (which i already said and you ignored and keep representing as if you are blind to what has already been said.)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nope, nobody ever argued otherwise. No matter how many times we say it.....

Just like no matter how many times i correct Rushas statement about a date rape drug being ok, that i never said or suggested, and even corrected her on in another thread 2 times and now again this one, she keeps pressing as if she cant even read.

Fact, lots of lying happening here. If one has to lie to keep up their stance, they already know they are wrong.

glorydaz

Just out of curiosity, I did a word search of this thread. A dozen or more instances of the words stripped and stripper, and 20 instances of the word naked. Wasn't it you, glorydaz, who was telling Rusha she was using an extreme example to prove her point? I wonder how many cases of rape are the result of women being naked and walking through a men's jail, or some other ludicrous scenario?

It's hardly an extreme example when it is the only example I could think of that demands the woman has some fault in a rape. It was the only example I gave. The fact is.....there are SOME WOMEN who do have some fault. I could think of hundreds of examples where the victim had NO FAULT.

So, don't knock my example just because it's rare. If you please.

musterion

I'm probably going to out-Sod Sod on this one, but here goes.

1. If a woman is partying and gets herself drunk/high around men and willingly has sex with them, that is not rape. She should not be able to call it rape out of regret and they should not be prosecuted for rape. She did it willingly, drunk or not.

2. If a woman in the same scenario is forced (unwilling) to have sex, that is rape and should be prosecuted as rape but, while she is not at fault, she does bear responsibility for helping make the situation conducive to her own rape and should have to live with that knowledge.

3. If a woman in the same scenario drinks/drugs herself unconscious and is raped, scenario 2 applies.

4. A woman getting a roofie slipped into a wine cooler is out and out premeditated rape.

glorydaz

Just like no matter how many times i correct Rushas statement about a date rape drug being ok, that i never said or suggested, and even corrected her on in another thread 2 times and now again this one, she keeps pressing as if she cant even read.

Fact, lots of lying happening here. If one has to lie to keep up their stance, they already know they are wrong.

I know....and I know why. They do no want to admit they're wrong. They will fight tooth and nail rather than admit a victim could ever have any responsibility for their foolhardy actions. ;)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

1. If a woman is partying and gets herself drunk/high around men and willingly has sex with them, that is not rape. She should not be able to call it rape out of regret and they should not be prosecuted for rape. She did it willingly, drunk or not.

2. If a woman in the same scenario is forced (unwilling) to have sex, that is rape and should be prosecuted as rape but, while she is not at fault, she does bear responsibility for helping make the situation conducive to her own rape and should have to live with that knowledge.

3. If a woman in the same scenario drinks/drugs herself unconscious and is raped, scenario 2 applies.

4. A woman getting a roofie slipped into a wine cooler is out and out premeditated rape.

:thumb: exactly what has already been said ad nauseum, that is ignored completely

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I know....and I know why. They do no want to admit they're wrong. They will fight tooth and nail rather than admit a victim could ever have any responsibility for their foolhardy actions. ;)

Thats the bottom line, for all the pretense that people claimed things they would NEVER claim.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
consent can be implied. All that is claimed as rape, isnt.

In the same way that a gang of gals asks some dead drunk guy if they can take him home and party with him. It doesn't matter that he is barely on his feet, his body, eye contact gives them consent to treat him as they will.

Even if they drugged him, it would be his own fault because he decided to have a drink.

Like i am still waiting for you to show me where i made any such claim, and in fact have corrected you on now 3 times.

I am still waiting for you to say where I asked "Angel, why do you suppose" ...

Didn't happen. I made a general statement about the mistreatment of rape victims.

Since i presented nor have seen anyone defend such a thing, you are as guilty of anna of inventing untruths.

:chuckle: An untruth as in a general statement where your name was not included? :think:

Accusing anyone who has a differing opinion than your own of telling untruths does not an argument make, Angel.

Do post now where this has happened, where i have defended such, or where i said it was ok or anything about it, other than its wrong, (which i already said and you ignored and keep representing as if you are blind to what has already been said.)

Certainly ... as soon as you post where I have stated "Angel, you are bashing rape victims and defending rapists".

My overall statement in regards to this despicable thread is ...

No one other than a rapist is responsible for committing an act of rape.

glorydaz

Same here but the biggest lie of all being perpetrated here, is that its always either/or and cannot possibly ever be both are true in various cases.

"You were doing WHAT?" :shocked:

Don't tell me they wouldn't be saying that when they found out what that girl had been doing before she got raped. :chuckle:

This reminds me of that girl who refused to leave the classroom. One poster put it so well.....something along the lines of, "If that was my daughter, I'd give her more when I got her home."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In the same way that a gang of gals asks some dead drunk guy if they can take him home and party with him. It doesn't matter that he is barely on his feet, his body, eye contact gives them consent to treat him as they will.

Even if they drugged him, it would be his own fault because he decided to have a drink.

Not playing with the deliberately dishonest who keeps pushing the drugged angle that no one implied or said is ever ok. and has corrected enough times that its clearly dishonest insertion at this point.

musterion

If he's that drunk they don't need to drug him.

glorydaz

Made me think of this....

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If he's that drunk they don't need to drug him.

The *even if he was drugged* inferred he wasn't drunk but rather drinking and someone slipped something into his drink.

Wouldn't it be his own fault for being loud, obnoxious and flirty with a bunch of women? Why didn't he stay at home and rotate his tires?

musterion

The *even if he was drugged* inferred he wasn't drunk but rather drinking and someone slipped something into his drink.

That's rape.

Wouldn't it be his own fault for being loud, obnoxious and flirty with a bunch of women? Why didn't he stay at home and rotate his tires?
No one should get drunk, Rusha, especially around people they don't know well enough to trust. It leads to much misfortune and misery and it's their own fault, man or woman.

glorydaz

The difference in these situations is that the child is not drowned on purpose. A child is not pushed in front of the car.

Not so with a rapist. In the situations you have set out, the rapist would be the person who throws the child off of the boat so they will drown. The rapist would be the person gunning their car and aiming it at the child.

If I had no fault in the matter, then why would my conscience be telling me otherwise? If I refused to accept the fact that I was at fault, then what would stop me from doing the same thing the next time?

You need to stop thinking only one person can be at fault for any particular event. Until you do that, you won't ever get past giving people a pass when they shouldn't be given one. When people don't face up to their own faults they will continue to walk in blindness to them. Common Sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.