On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The victim has no need of a defense.

If a man is a rapist, drunk or not, he's the one committing the crime.

If a woman chooses to have sex with a man while she is drunk, but then later decided she regretted it - shes raped(some places allow her to claim she couldn't consent because she was drunk and hence rape.) So her yes, really meant no, because of her intoxicated state and later regret. He goes to jail for rape.

Then the man who has his way with a naked woman lap dancing on him while drunk- allowing him to have hands all over her, gets excited and does his thing with her in his lap, clearly is also a criminal and should go to jail for rape :rollseyes:

neither
of these situations are rape imo.

So the yes saying drunk woman isnt responsible but the drunk man with the naked chick in his lap being mauled by consent, is?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Just out of curiosity, I did a word search of this thread. A dozen or more instances of the words stripped and stripper, and 20 instances of the word naked. Wasn't it you, glorydaz, who was telling Rusha she was using an extreme example to prove her point? I wonder how many cases of rape are the result of women being naked and walking through a men's jail, or some other ludicrous scenario?

Rape is rape is rape, whether the woman has clothes on or not, and I think the number of rape cases where the victim was clothed at the outset vastly outnumber the cases of women who were raped after doing a nude lap dance.

Come on, get real here. sod wants to blame victims of rape for their rapes, the same way he called the massacred students cowards.

He doesn't deserve the time given to his repulsive "if-then" scenarios, but I'm duty-bound to stand up for victims blamed for something they didn't ask for, didn't wish for, didn't expect, didn't seek out, didn't plan for, didn't whatever. And whether they had clothes on, or not.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Rape is rape is rape, whether the woman has clothes on or not, and I think the number of rape cases where the victim was clothed at the outset vastly outnumber the cases of women who were raped after doing a nude lap dance.

It was while (not after), she was in lap and he was drunk and allowing touch all over, and thats not rape imo.

You have to keep changing what people say to keep advancing your point, do you notice that?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just out of curiosity, I did a word search of this thread. A dozen or more instances of the words stripped and stripper, and 20 instances of the word naked. Wasn't it you, glorydaz, who was telling Rusha she was using an extreme example to prove her point? I wonder how many cases of rape are the result of women being naked and walking through a men's jail, or some other ludicrous scenario?

Come on, get real here. sod wants to blame victims of rape for their rapes, the same way he called the massacred students cowards.

He doesn't deserve the time given to his repulsive "if-then" scenarios, but I'm duty-bound to stand up for victims blamed for something they didn't ask for, didn't wish for, didn't expect, didn't seek out, didn't plan for, didn't whatever. And whether they had clothes on, or not.

^ This.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Only she changed what was stated, do you agree with that kind of tactic?

Tactic, nothing. So I didn't word it exactly as you did, it's the general idea you're giving out, and you know it. So stick with the stupid scenario of a naked woman walking through a men's prison. Because that's what the average rape scenario looks like, oh yeah.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Tactic, nothing.

Its a tactic, and you are being deliberately dishonest.

tac·tic
ˈtaktik/
noun
noun: tactic; plural noun: tactics

an action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end.

You are deliberately ignoring what is stated and inserting what you wish someone said, so you can attack them.

I didnt say what you claimed, and several times now you continue to do this here, then pretend ignore when you dont like being asked a question, then respond again where you "think" you have an in to attack.

Perhaps the source of your trouble lately, is your own foolish choices?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Its a tactic, and you are being deliberately dishonest.

tac·tic
ˈtaktik/
noun
noun: tactic; plural noun: tactics

an action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end.

You are deliberately ignoring what is stated and inserting what you wish someone said, so you can attack them.

Don't lie, Angel. It's unbecoming.

I didnt say what you claimed, and several times now you continue to do this here, then pretend ignore when you dont like being asked a question, then respond again where you "think" you have an in to attack.
And you still seem to have a problem with not being able to control how I use the ignore function. It's my free choice, whether it bothers you or not, and I'll continue to use it or not use it as I see fit, according to the capability that the forum gives me. Isn't that great? :)

(Not to mention how you swooped in to condemn me for a call-out thread and then proceeded to join in with enthusiasm... )

Perhaps the source of your trouble lately, is your own foolish choices?
What are you implying? Feel free to spew it out.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Don't lie, Angel. It's unbecoming.

You said afterward, nowhere have i stated that, you lied, not me and you know it.

And you still seem to have a problem with not being able to control how I use the ignore function. It's my free choice, whether it bothers you or not, and I'll continue to use it or not use it as I see fit, according to the capability that the forum gives me. Isn't that great? :)
I could care less whether you use or not, you arent using it though and thats clear to anyone.

What are you implying? Feel free to spew it out.
your own choices and actions are whats causing your faith crisis, not other people and specifically not Knight or TOL, you are copping out and using others for an excuse.

I care enough about you to tell you the truth.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only she changed what was stated, do you agree with that kind of tactic?

I agree with essentially every post Anna has made in this thread. Her tactic is always honest and direct.

Also, there is the fact that she actually empathizes with victims of rape enough to not emotionally abuse them with her words and condemnation.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I agree with essentially every post Anna has made in this thread. HER tactic honest and direct.

Also, there is the fact that she actually empathizes with victims of rape enough to not emotionally abuse them with her words and condemnation.

I also empathize with victims of rape. Everything labeled rape though, isnt.

I am also adult enough to recognize that we all have responsibility and accountability for our own actions and choices and im honest about it, i dont need to play a dirty little game where i pretend people say things they didnt so i can blame them for my own choice.

Do tell what rape victim ive abused also.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You said afterward, nowhere have i stated that, you lied, not me and you know it.

Nope. I didn't deliberately do anything. Because I didn't paraphrase one of your scenarios to your satisfaction, you fixated on that instead of the general idea that you're putting out, which is a ludicrously unlikely naked woman scenario. You corrected me, end of story. Railing at me about deliberately lying only clouds the conversation. So does fixating on whether or not I have you on ignore.

I could care less whether you use or not, you arent using it though and thats clear to anyone.
Oh, you care. That's why you're talking about it now, and you've brought it up multiple times. If you didn't care, you wouldn't mention it. And I don't think anyone else besides you cares if it's "clear" whether I'm ignoring you or not. It's no big deal, really. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. Hopefully that'll clear things up for any future discussions. If I don't answer you, it might be because I have you on ignore.

your own choices and actions are whats causing your faith crisis, not other people and specifically not Knight or TOL, you are copping out and using others for an excuse.

I care enough about you to tell you the truth.
Thanks for answering, but we were talking about your scenario of a naked woman walking through a men's prison, not about my faith. And no, I don't believe you care about me. Sorry, but that's the way I see it, based on the things you've said to me in the past. And it's also not the subject of this thread.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nope. I didn't deliberately do anything. Because I didn't paraphrase one of your scenarios to your satisfaction

You completely changed the scenerio, then feigned outrage as if what you said was what happened.

Thats called dishonest. Slice it any way you want, i called you on it, so ignore me now like you usually claim.

Better yet, blame me for your lack of faith. The more the merrier.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You completely changed the scenerio, then feigned outrage as if what you said was what happened.

Thats called dishonest. Slice it any way you want, i called you on it, so ignore me now like you usually claim.

:chuckle:

See? You fixated on the ignore thing again. From here on out, I'm not going to respond when you bring up the ignore function, so that every mention of the way I use the ignore function will be clearly coming from you. Maybe then it'll sink in that it really is important to you to comment on it.

As for your scenario issue... I already addressed that. You corrected it (stridently) then called me dishonest because it suits you to paint me in a bad light whenever possible. Your first post in this thread is illustration enough of that, and that wasn't even right, I corrected you with a link to my opinion of call-out threads. If you cared about me at all, you'd ask for clarification instead of slamming me over the head with your righteous outrage, because that's all you can do when you see me posting.

I'm tired of it off you, I'm tired of it off sod. If you don't like what I say, don't read it. If you want to have a discussion, have a discussion, not a shouting match.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And you claim to care about me. Right.

And you claim i don't because i refuse to tell you what you want to hear instead of the truth. Your faith crisis is due to your focus on others instead of your focus on God and His truth. Thats the truth.

I even said as much in your thread to both you and when i defended you after what nick said.

What kind of christian would i be, if i didn't point you back to God where your faith should be anyway (instead of in others who need Him as much as you do??

Does God say nasty things you dont like, or does other people?

Ask yourself that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I also empathize with victims of rape. Everything labeled rape though, isnt.

Anything that doesn't include consent is rape.

I am also adult enough to recognize that we all have responsibility and accountability for our own actions and choices and im honest about it,

I am still waiting to hear why in the world someone who is drunk or has been drugged would deserve to be raped.

I am still waiting to hear why in the world someone who would use that opportunity as an excuse to rape someone should be defended.

i dont need to play a dirty little game where i pretend people say things they didnt so i can blame them for my own choice.

Oh ... this thread is about rape. Do you have an example of women choosing to be raped?

Do tell what rape victim ive abused also.

Specifically, you have not named names and left things general. Those who would be included in "general" would be teens or adults who were drugged or had an unexpected reaction to a small amount of alcohol.

I know ... they should have stayed home knitting rather than having a drink.

Frankly, it's the same double standard we see with unplanned pregnancies. Women are held responsible while men get patted on the back for putting another notch in their belt buckle.

Boys will be boys and all ...............................

Status
Not open for further replies.