On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

Rape is about sex. Sometimes it is also about power and control, but not always. Sometimes it is about uncontrolled LUST. Period.

Bollocks. It's as Rusha said and it's beyond irksome to have some self righteous ignorant prude talk as though she's somehow an expert on the subject. It's easy enough to satiate sexual desires without forcing someone into a non consenting violent ordeal. Rape is predominantly about dominating another who is helpless to prevent the act. If you're that clueless on the matter then just please shut up about it.

Arthur Brain

You want me to play your game, Artie?

According to you, stripping is just fine...just another job. Since stripping is just fine, then, to be consistent, all immoral behavior is just fine. Shall I list out the things you might think are okay? Sex in public places.....gay guys walking around the mall in G-strings.....teachers masturbating in your child's classroom? Or private clubs where children are sold to the highest bidder and paraded naked to entice a pervert to bid more money?

If I was playing a game then you clearly didn't read the instructions very well...

You're just being a loon here.

:kookoo:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Exactly, which is why most men, no matter how enticed or 'turned on' would think about forcing a woman into sex.

There's a large group of folks that actually believe most men would rape if they knew they would not get in any trouble. They were mostly pentecostal

I should say a group of people in the world out there, I encountered some folks that were teaching that to an extent. I'm not talking about a large group on TOL

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

There's a large group of folks that actually believe most men would rape if they knew they would not get in any trouble. They were mostly pentecostal

Well, I once frequented a Pentecostal church and there was certainly a hang up with sexuality to an extent - but no more than other churches of similar ilk so I'd just write that off as garbage.

glorydaz

Clearly so, yes. Stripping doesn't even come into the same state, let alone ball park as the hideous violation of rape. It is no excuse whatsoever for a person to force a horrific ordeal on someone and it is 100% on the rapist, period.

The rapist is 100% responsible for his behavior. The stripper is 100% responsible for her behavior. I realize that does not compute in your humanistic brain.

Yeah I do and so does the law. A rape victim has been sexually violated against their will, period. Nobody forces a person to rape someone and they can make as many excuses as they like, it wouldn't and shouldn't hold up.

Satan didn't "force" Eve to eat the apple, either, did he? Yet his sin was greater than Eve's because he tempted her to sin. I realize that does not compute in your humanistic brain.

She wouldn't deserve to be raped by this 'innocent' man simply because she was performing her job. She wouldn't deserve to be raped if she was deliberating seducing the guy in a back room by the same token. You ain't God either.

She wasn't "simply performing her job", she was committing an immoral act. She, therefore, deserves whatever she gets...be that rape or whatever it is God allows to come upon her. I realize that does not compute in your humanistic brain.

Er, you an expert on what inexperienced men can bear now or something? Since when?

I'm older than you, Artie, and clearly more experienced in many things...especially since you seem to be so naïve in such matters.

Oh take a look in the mirror GD. You've been a pious 'voice of morality' ever since you opened your mouth on the subject. The fact that most everyone can agree that rape is not something that is deserved is separate from your loony self righteous blather.

Most everyone who has bothered to offer their opinion here, you mean? This has nothing to do with my personal "piety" but with what the Bible has made clear concerning good and evil ...right and wrong.

Most believers know quite well that stripping is deserving of consequences in this life. Most believers understand that we are responsible for our bad behavior, and God allows us to reap what we have sown right here in this life. Unbelievers reap what they sow for good reasons. And being saved does not keep us from getting what we deserve for our bad behavior here. Believers are chastened for their wrong doing, and it's for our own good.

You just don't understand that reaping what we sow is a good thing....with good purposes. You judge according to your own human understanding...rejecting all biblical principles in favor of what you think is fair and right.

Arthur Brain

The rapist is 100% responsible for his behavior. The stripper is 100% responsible for her behavior. I realize that does not compute in your humanistic brain.

You started well, the rapist is indeed 100% responsible for his behaviour. :thumb:

The stripper in no way deserves to be raped. No 'humanist' brain required to process the obvious so best get rid of that computer virus disallowing you the necessary 'get with the program' access.

Satan didn't "force" Eve to eat the apple, either, did he? Yet his sin was greater than Eve's because he tempted her to sin. I realize that does not compute in your humanistic brain.

He didn't force people into recognizing allegory or becoming constrained by dogmatic belief systems either I would posit...

She wasn't "simply performing her job", she was committing an immoral act. She, therefore, deserves whatever she gets...be that rape or whatever it is God allows to come upon her. I realize that does not compute in your humanistic brain.

Yes she was, and only pious nutcases like you deem that if she was raped then it was deserved.

I'm older than you, Artie, and clearly more experienced in many things...especially since you seem to be so naïve in such matters.

Um, does that include being a young inexperienced man at some point in your life? I would kinda hope not considering your stances on here...

Otherwise it's kinda like me telling a woman what it's like to menstruate.

:AMR:

Most everyone who has bothered to offer their opinion here, you mean? This has nothing to do with my personal "piety" but with what the Bible has made clear concerning good and evil ...right and wrong.

Rape being evil and never deserved, as has been pointed out to you several times already by Christians and victims.

Most believers know quite well that stripping is deserving of consequences in this life. Most believers understand that we are responsible for our bad behavior, and God allows us to reap what we have sown right here in this life. Unbelievers reap what they sow for good reasons. And being saved does not keep us from getting what we deserve for our bad behavior here. Believers are chastened for their wrong doing, and it's for our own good.

Most believers would balk (and have done here) at the notion that rape is deserved. Period.

You just don't understand that reaping what we sow is a good thing....with good purposes. You judge according to your own human understanding...rejecting all biblical principles in favor of what you think is fair and right.

Er, no, just that rape isn't something that is deserved and is a hideous crime against a person.

glorydaz

Bollocks. It's as Rusha said and it's beyond irksome to have some self righteous ignorant prude talk as though she's somehow an expert on the subject. It's easy enough to satiate sexual desires without forcing someone into a non consenting violent ordeal. Rape is predominantly about dominating another who is helpless to prevent the act. If you're that clueless on the matter then just please shut up about it.

Don't they have sex education classes on that side of the pond?

If men were content taking care of themselves, Artie, then they could be content without having a sexual partner at all. Not all men can find a willing date, and not all men can afford a prostitute. Not all men have your great willpower....and not all women do, either.

Two high schoolers in a parked car making out like mad and steaming up the windows. The girl puts on the brakes just before the act can be culminated, and the boy just keeps going. Do you seriously think he had any intention of forcing her and dominating her...taking advantage of her "helplessness"?

Has it been so long since you were in the backseat of a car with a girl leading you on? Yes, I know, he is totally at fault and she is totally innocent. And you call me "clueless". :rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

If men were content taking care of themselves, Artie, then they could be content without having a sexual partner at all. Not all men can find a willing date, and not all men can afford a prostitute. Not all men have your great willpower....and not all women do, either.

Two high schoolers in a parked car making out like mad and steaming up the windows. The girl boy puts on the brakes just before the act can be culminated, and the boy girl just keeps going. Do you seriously think he had any intention of forcing her and dominating her...taking advantage of her "helplessness"?

Has it been so long since you were in the backseat of a car with a girl leading you on? Yes, I know, he is totally at fault and she is totally innocent. And you call me "clueless". :rotfl:

I always put the brakes on

glorydaz

Exactly, which is why most men, no matter how enticed or 'turned on' would think about forcing a woman into sex.

So maybe the stripper should give out questionaires before she grabs the pole? I see you admit the stripper is enticing men, knowingly turning them on, and I find it a bit funny that you see nothing wrong with that.

Obviously, having a conversation like this with people who don't believe what the Bible teaches is pointless. It's what I get for posting in this section, I guess. :think:

Arthur Brain

Uh, no, they were replaced with angling classes...

It doesn't and never has taken any 'great willpower' of mine to not want to rape someone GD. What on earth are you on about?

Two high schoolers in a parked car making out like mad and steaming up the windows. The girl puts on the brakes just before the act can be culminated, and the boy just keeps going. Do you seriously think he had any intention of forcing her and dominating her...taking advantage of her "helplessness"?

So now you're reduced to making analogies about hormonal high schoolers in parked cars to make a 'point'?

Has it been that long since you were the girl in one, just to return the asinine comment in kind? If all you have is this type of crap then no wonder you laugh at yourself so often.

Arthur Brain

So maybe the stripper should give out questionaires before she grabs the pole? I see you admit the stripper is enticing men, knowingly turning them on, and I find it a bit funny that you see nothing wrong with that.

Asking what exactly:

"Are you a nutball who thinks it's okay to rape a stripper?"

Obviously, having a conversation like this with people who don't believe what the Bible teaches is pointless. It's what I get for posting in this section, I guess. :think:

Well, your opinions should certainly be 'sectioned' somewhere, for sure...

ClimateSanity

There is nothing wrong with seduction matey. It is all the bloody man's fault for getting turned on you knob. The bloke should just go home and get acquainted with his magazines and forget what a real woman looks like. He should then have his libido so distorted that he will never be enticed by real flesh again. In fact, he will never have his libido tweaked again by real flesh and will never marry.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn't and never has taken any 'great willpower' of mine to not want to rape someone GD. What on earth are you on about?

That can be said about the majority of men .... you know, the majority who are not sick, twisted, repellent perverts.

IF someone needs to exercise *great willpower* in order to not sexually molest or rape another human being, the person is question is already half past the cuckoo's nest.

glorydaz

You started well, the rapist is indeed 100% responsible for his behaviour. :thumb:

The guilt of one does not take away the guilt of the other. They each have their own guilt...they don't have to share.

The stripper in no way deserves to be raped. No 'humanist' brain required to process the obvious so best get rid of that computer virus disallowing you the necessary 'get with the program' access.

She would say she deserved what she got. Your opinion doesn't count.

He didn't force people into recognizing allegory or becoming constrained by dogmatic belief systems either I would posit...

God doesn't force you to listen to His godly principles. That's true.

Yes she was, and only pious nutcases like you deem that if she was raped then it was deserved.

Since she wasn't innocent, she was doing something wrong, then it was deserved. She wasn't sleeping in her own bed or walking to the store....she was stripping. :duh:

Um, does that include being a young inexperienced man at some point in your life? I would kinda hope not considering your stances on here...

One doesn't have to murder in order to understand it. One doesn't have to be a young man in order to know what they go through. I have had sons and grandsons and been exposed to many young men (even those in the back seats of cars), so I'm quite positive I know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise it's kinda like me telling a woman what it's like to menstruate.

I wouldn't be surprised if you understood that more than you do what an innocent young man can be experiencing when a stripper gets in his face. You seem to be in a state of denial where that's concerned.

Rape being evil and never deserved, as has been pointed out to you several times already by Christians and victims.

Lots of people claim to be Christians, and not all Christians understand the principle of reaping and sowing in this life.

Lots of things are evil and people suffer all the time. Some of that suffering is deserved and allowed because of bad behavior, and some isn't deserved but is allowed for another purpose. This simple fact will never sink into your thick head.

Most believers would balk (and have done here) at the notion that rape is deserved. Period.

No, most believers would not balk. Yes, some have done so here, and others have tried to explain and have flat given up because of the hard-headedness that is held by you and others (some of whom claim to be Christian, but aren't).

Er, no, just that rape isn't something that is deserved and is a hideous crime against a person.

Lots of things are hideous crimes that the Lord allows to come upon us for many different reasons. Some hideous crimes come upon us as a punishment for our behavior....as chastening, etc. You simply won't ever even address those instances of chastening. Why is that? Because you'll have to admit you're wrong?

I say that's exactly why you won't address chastening.

Arthur Brain

That can be said about the majority of men .... you know, the majority who are not sick, twisted, repellent perverts.

IF someone needs to exercise *great willpower* in order to not sexually molest or rape another human being, the person is question is already half past the cuckoo's nest.

Or at that stage completely flying over it...

Status
Not open for further replies.