On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

Shorts and high heels.... Your problem, Artie, is that your mouth runs away with you, and your brain gets left behind.

A woman in shorts and high heels doesn't deserve to be violated, but she certainly is inviting attention and ogling in some cases. The man is supposed to suck it up and go on his merry way. She is out to get the attention of the kind of man she likes. All other attention is unwanted. She doesn't care who she sets aflame. I'm not referring this to our discussion of rape but more to how women who behave this way are not innocent cherubs. It is an act against both men and women. Women are objectified and men are teased with something that doesn't belong to them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not name calling. You do not know more than I do on the point so can it.

No one who has even been the victim of rape OR consoled a victim of rape would make such malicious and misogynistic comments.

ClimateSanity

You don't see the same passion about the men who are raped in prison, either. There are more men raped there than there are women on the street. You don't even see the same passion about child abuse. It's the women's lib movement, and rape is the mantra they shout out to garner attention.

Exactly, and eventually they will minimize it in the minds of the public by their actions.

Arthur Brain

A woman in shorts and high heels doesn't deserve to be violated, but she certainly is inviting attention and ogling in some cases. The man is supposed to suck it up and go on his merry way. She is out to get the attention of the kind of man she likes. All other attention is unwanted. She doesn't care who she sets aflame. I'm not referring this to our discussion of rape but more to how women who behave this way are not innocent cherubs. It is an act against both men and women. Women are objectified and men are teased with something that doesn't belong to them.

Oh, well how about you set up a manifesto on just how women should be dressed at all times then? Ya know, just as not to entice men in any way?

You're damn right you should go on your merry way. If you can't handle the view then stay indoors and keep the curtains closed.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A woman in shorts and high heels doesn't deserve to be violated, but she certainly is inviting attention and ogling in some cases. The man is supposed to suck it up and go on his merry way.

Oh, so women should wear sweats ... potato sacks ... or burkhas because men cannot control themselves.

ClimateSanity

Oh, well how about you set up a manifesto on just how women should be dressed at all times then? Ya know, just as not to entice men in any way?

You're damn right you should go on your merry way. If you can't handle the view then stay indoors and keep the curtains closed.

And the woman is a cherub who is perfectly innocent. Riiiiiight.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

He already did ... when he posted that pic of his supposed girlfriend ... the model. Wearing very little ... oh but THAT was different.

Oh the irony ............................

glorydaz

Uh, how is that an 'extreme example'? It was anything but GD...

:AMR:

Because wearing shorts and high heels is NOTHING like stripping.

It's amazing that you have no concept of morality. You don't even know the difference between right and wrong, so, of course, you wouldn't think bad behavior deserves to be "rewarded" with some bad consequences. I'm betting you don't even know that rewards can be given for bad behavior as well as for good behavior.

The god of this world has blinded your eyes, Artie. That's a sad thing.

Arthur Brain

The guilt of one does not take away the guilt of the other. They each have their own guilt...they don't have to share.

There's only one person guilty in regards to rape - the rapist. Doesn't matter what the victim was doing.

She would say she deserved what she got. Your opinion doesn't count.

Are you seriously this nuts?! You pompous arrogant windbag.

God doesn't force you to listen to His godly principles. That's true.

Who of course you're the spokesperson for?

Since she wasn't innocent, she was doing something wrong, then it was deserved. She wasn't sleeping in her own bed or walking to the store....she was stripping. :duh:

What's the view like on the top of that 4000ft high ladder GD? Hope you don't suffer from vertigo...

One doesn't have to murder in order to understand it. One doesn't have to be a young man in order to know what they go through. I have had sons and grandsons and been exposed to many young men (even those in the back seats of cars), so I'm quite positive I know what I'm talking about.

You don't know from experience though do you? I do so can it.

I wouldn't be surprised if you understood that more than you do what an innocent young man can be experiencing when a stripper gets in his face. You seem to be in a state of denial where that's concerned.

The chances are he'll be experiencing the same state I first saw a nude playboy centrefold - a state of sexual arousal, such is biology and all that.

Lots of people claim to be Christians, and not all Christians understand the principle of reaping and sowing in this life.

Rather, they understand that rape isn't deserved and trying to justify it through 'sexual immorality' simply doesn't fly.

Lots of things are evil and people suffer all the time. Some of that suffering is deserved and allowed because of bad behavior, and some isn't deserved but is allowed for another purpose. This simple fact will never sink into your thick head.

So what isn't deserved if you think something as devastating as rape can actually be so? You're reading as nothing but a loveless husk of a moral arbiter and a prude to boot.

No, most believers would not balk. Yes, some have done so here, and others have tried to explain and have flat given up because of the hard-headedness that is held by you and others (some of whom claim to be Christian, but aren't).

Oh yeah they would and you know it. You've had 'SOD' all support for your crap here and you're just venting.

Lots of things are hideous crimes that the Lord allows to come upon us for many different reasons. Some hideous crimes come upon us as a punishment for our behavior....as chastening, etc. You simply won't ever even address those instances of chastening. Why is that? Because you'll have to admit you're wrong?

I say that's exactly why you won't address chastening.

No, GD. A rapist is not some 'chastening' but simply someone who hideously, violently and sexually violates another person, period. If you want to consider rape as something other than that then you just carry on with it. You're just anathema frankly.

Arthur Brain

Because wearing shorts and high heels is NOTHING like stripping.

It's amazing that you have no concept of morality. You don't even know the difference between right and wrong, so, of course, you wouldn't think bad behavior deserves to be "rewarded" with some bad consequences. I'm betting you don't even know that rewards can be given for bad behavior as well as for good behavior.

The god of this world has blinded your eyes, Artie. That's a sad thing.

Hey, there'd be some who'd be taking you to task for not telling the 'floozy' to cover up some more lest it entice men into impure thoughts etc, so take your repetitive and hypocritical spiel and examine it for what it is...

Reactions: Lon

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am still waiting to read an explanation of why these *innocent* young men are hanging out at strip clubs.

So much for self-control and personal responsibility.

Arthur Brain

And the woman is a cherub who is perfectly innocent. Riiiiiight.

How the hell would you know anything about a lass simply because she dares to expose some bare flesh and wears heels while walking down the street?

You think she's doing it just to get your attention and is guilty for anything that might happen in your loin department?

:plain:

Arthur Brain

I am still waiting to read an explanation of why these *innocent* young men are hanging out at strip clubs.

So much for self-control and personal responsibility.

Maybe they thought they were sandwich bars and suddenly found the menu more enticing than expected...?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe they thought they were sandwich bars and suddenly found the menu more enticing than expected...?

Well of course. Men are too virtuous to hang out at strip clubs, bars, malls, parks, parking lots, etc. for the sole purpose of salivating over teen age girls and women.

ClimateSanity

How the hell would you know anything about a lass simply because she dares to expose some bare flesh and wears heels while walking down the street?

You think she's doing it just to get your attention and is guilty for anything that might happen in your loin department?

:plain:

If you don't know why she is doing that, you are dumb as a rock. I don't believe you don't know. You have just been made to act like you don't have a clue why she does that by your society. They won't allow you to be honest. If you did, they would probably call you a knob or something else to.make you shutup.

Arthur Brain

Well of course. Men are too virtuous to hang out at strip clubs, bars, malls, parks, parking lots, etc. for the sole purpose of salivating over teen age girls and women.

Well, I'm a man and I've never actually frequented a strip club although I have been in bars where they've appeared. I'll be honest, I didn't avert my eyes on those rare occasions. I don't avert them when I see an attractive woman walking down the street although I don't stare cartoon style either. I've bought a fair few glamour mags in my life and for the sole purpose of being titillated by glamorous nude women. I ain't gonna pretend to be virtuous on that given score as I'm not, but I'd sooner admit that than the hypocrisy that's evident in "justifying" rape.

Arthur Brain

If you don't know why she is doing that, you are dumb as a rock. I don't believe you don't know. You have just been made to act like you don't have a clue why she does that by your society. They won't allow you to be honest. If you did, they would probably call you a knob or something else to.make you shutup.

Hey cupcake, I've just been as blatantly honest in my last reply as could be. So don't bother trying to lecture me thanks. If you can't keep your libido under control just because some women aren't dressed in tents in your vicinity then that's on you dingbat.

Status
Not open for further replies.