On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
1. Does a homosexual who chooses to ignore warnings and advice about the risks of engaging in unprotected sex with multiple partners deserve to get AIDS?

2. Does a driver who chooses to ignore warnings and advice about the risks of drunk driving deserve to get a DWI?
2a. Does he deserve it if he crashes his car?

3. Does a pedophile who ignores warnings and advice about the risks of molesting children deserve to get caught and punished?

mostly from here:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4527198&postcount=1024
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4527206&postcount=1026
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4527222&postcount=1030

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1. Does a homosexual who chooses to ignore warnings and advice about the risks of engaging in unprotected sex with multiple partners deserve to get AIDS?

2. Does a driver who chooses to ignore warnings and advice about the risks of drunk driving deserve to get a DWI?

3. Does a pedophile who ignores warnings and advice about the risks of molesting children deserve to get caught and punished?

Deserve and expect are diiferent. All 3 should not be surprised and actually expect the AIDS, DWI and punishment.

Some will certainly say they "deserve" what they get, but I'm not so keen on folks deserving bad things in life.

theophilus

No.

No.

No.

No.

They all deserve Hell just like I do.

Quetzal

No.

If he is drinking and driving, yes.

Hmm, I'm not sure.

Yes.

ok doser

Deserve and expect are diiferent. All 3 should not be surprised and actually expect the AIDS, DWI and punishment.

Some will certainly say they "deserve" what they get, but I'm not so keen on folks deserving bad things in life.

Ezra 9:13 (thank you glory)

13 And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this;

ok doser

13 And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this;

so our iniquities deserve punishment :think:

a homosexual engaging in unprotected sex with multiple partners is engaging in an inequity
a drunk driver is engaging in an iniquity
a child molester is engaging in an iniquity

seems like they all deserve punishment for their iniquities

glorydaz

We get what we deserve in this life all the time.
When we do something wrong we deserve to suffer for that wrong. It's a matter of common sense, and it's one way God allows us to learn from our "mistakes".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
but that's no faaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm a victim - i didn't do anything to deserve hell!

Very few of us get what we deserve, is this thread about heaven and hell now, and what we ALL DESERVE ? I mean are we getting Biblical about deserving ? Or is it about AIDS, DWIs and prison for child molesters ? We all deserve to rot in hell, but because of Jesus Christ I won't. Sure let's quote Ezra from 2500 years ago to prove a point for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.