ECT Omnipresence of Jesus

0scar

I cannot prove Jesus is everywhere unless I check everywhere. I can only show you what He said.

He said He was in Heaven at the same time as He was here. Two places at once.

MATTHEW 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

COLOSSIANS 3:11 . . . Christ {is} all, and in all.

MATTHEW 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, {even} unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus is omnipresent.

John is sayin that Jesus is in Heaven. John is writing the Gospel after ascencion. John is saying that Jesus has ascended. It is not possible that Jesos is saying to Nichodemus that he has ascended. Jesus never ascended before the Pasion.

Jesus is not where are not 2 or 3 christians.

Jesus is not where there is no christians.

tomlapalm

John is sayin that Jesus is in Heaven. John is writing the Gospel after ascencion. John is saying that Jesus has ascended. It is not possible that Jesos is saying to Nichodemus that he has ascended. Jesus never ascended before the Pasion.

Jesus is not where are not 2 or 3 christians.

Jesus is not where there is no christians.

dont be disingenuous ,

Jesus had not ascended when speaking to Nicodemus.

Jhn 3:11
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Jhn 3:12
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Jhn 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Jhn 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up

Jesus didn't say in this passage He had ascended. He was IN Heaven while speaking to Nicodemus.

Jesus said He will be where Christians meet. Jesus indwelleth all believers.

If you are trying to prove a man or body is not omni.. anything, you are right. Would Jesus be omni..anything if not God? no

But God incarnate was still God, He has shown us in different ways.

0scar

Jesus speaking
Jhn 3:11
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Jhn 3:12
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

John writing decades after ascencion
Jhn 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Jhn 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up

0scar

If you are trying to prove a man or body is not omni.. anything, you are right. Would Jesus be omni..anything if not God? no

But God incarnate was still God, He has shown us in different ways.

The fact of Jesus being omni or not being omni has no conection with him being or not being God

0scar

you made that up didn't you, yes you did?

Jesus words continue til verse 21

Man, get a red letter edition

Red letter editions are manmade. I didnt made it up; the editors did made it up.

"And" is a disjunction in John speech.

tomlapalm

No really Jesus spoke in Red type. and verse numbers

Jesus words are from v5 to v21 except a v9, v10 and a few words.

John 3 16 is famous the whole world knows Jesus said it.

Does referring to Himself as "Son of man" cause a problem?

0scar

"And" in greek "kai" is a disjuction in all NT. Its is a dding. The writter present something and add by saying kai.

According to you, Jesus is saying that he has ascended to where he already is and never leaves. Jesus is saying that he came down to where he already was all the time and without leaving the place from where he came down.

Accordin to me John is in late the I Century, way after the ascencion. John is saying that Jesus ascended to heaven from where he had come dow before; and now (late I Century) Jesus is in Heaven.

tomlapalm

Jesus was adding to the conversation of earthly/heavenly things. Man can't get to Heaven so the Son of man came to earth to save the world.

v 21 ends the discourse.

You are the only one ever to end the discourse earlier

0scar

Jesus ascended to Heaven. Jesus was not on Heaven before ascending. What is the idea of ascending to where he already is?
Jesus came down to Earth. Jesus was not on Earth before coming dow. What is the idea of coming down to where he already is?
Today Jesus is in Heaven, not on Earth. And we are waiting him to return as promesed. If he is already on Earth, why are we waiting for him to return to where he already is?

tomlapalm

God the Son never left Heaven , even though Here.

No He was on earth before becoming Human.

God the Son is here, and in Heaven

0scar

God the Son never left Heaven , even though Here.

No He was on earth before becoming Human.

God the Son is here, and in Heaven

He was here and then decided come here where he already was???
He was in Heaven and decided to ascend to where he already was???
He is now here and he told as to wayt his return here where he is????

Biblical support.

0scar

Jesus was not omnipresent at all.
Jesus was on Heaven and came dow to Earth where he was not before coming. That is why he came, because he was not here.
While on Earth, Jesus always was in a specific place; most of the times identified as much as a given room, in a giving home, in a given city of a given land.
While on Earth Jesus was always in only one place. If he wanted to be some other place he had to travel.
While on Earth, some times people didnt know where he was. But if the disciples look for him, found where he was. If the people seek for him, they figure the way to go where he is. Even if the Jew wanted him, they ask Judas to tell them where he is.
After the resurrection Jesus ascended to Heaven where he was not.
And from them on, Jesus is not on Earth.
And even today we are waiting him to return here, where he is not.

0scar

John 12:32
And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
To be lfted uo from earth means not being any longer at the earth.

John 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
Jesus was in the world only as long he was, not any longer. there is a time when he is not in the world

John 13:33
Little children, I am with you only a little longer. You will look for me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’
After that little longer Jesus were not with us; because he is gone from here to where we cannot go.

eameece

15 “If you love me, you will keep[f] my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate,[g] to be with you forever. 17 This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in[h] you.

18 “I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. 19 In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live.

This is not a sign of any omnipresence. Jesus is talking before his Passion and he is saying that after resurrection he will come to the disciples.

Now answer that: If Jesus is omnipresent, he is everywhere. But if he promess to come somewhere, is because he is not there. Jesus promises to come where he was not.

Human logic confuses. You need to look beyond human logic, to deeper meaning.

eameece

Jesus ascended to Heaven. Jesus was not in Heaven before ascending. What is the idea of ascending to where he already is?
Jesus was God, and so knew he could be at several places at once. His body ascended; his spirit was already there, and everywhere. The spirit is beyond time and space; in the world but not of it.
Today Jesus is in Heaven, not on Earth. And we are waiting him to return as promised. If he is already on Earth, why are we waiting for him to return to where he already is?
Those who prefer to wait, can wait. Those who seek him here now, can find him here now.

0scar

Jesus was God, and so knew he could be at several places at once. His body ascended; his spirit was already there, and everywhere. The spirit is beyond time and space; in the world but not of it.

Those who prefer to wait, can wait. Those who seek him here now, can find him here now.

Your problem is that you use human logic. Your human logis tels you that is God is omnipresent, logically Jesus was omnipresent. human logic.

The Scriptures clearly present a Jesus that was not omnipresent al all. And your interpretation of the Scriptures is done by human logic.

0scar

His body ascended; his spirit was already there, and everywhere.

According to you Jesus splitied in two. Half of him is omnipresent, the other half is not omnipresent. That is nestorianism.

Human logic????????????????