ECT Omnipresence of Jesus

JosephR

I was just thinking,, the closer string theory gets to showing how consciousnesses and reality are intertwined and how the multiverse is intertwined. It makes me think that we may in fact get a better understanding of the real complete infinity of God and how there is so much more going on behind the curtain..String theory says for every possibility there is a reality and therefore there are an almost infinite number of universes being led by these choices. so if i say yes or no.. a universe is created for both events and we travel through unaware of the one that just split off... in the Infinite Creator Mind of God this is possible.

Then I think of the tower of Babel... literal or figuratively. no matter how close we come to understanding the Creator can allways top-ell our towers of understanding as He chooses...

Sorry to rant but thinking of the Omnipresence of God got my mind wondering.

eameece

Bible texts please... not human philosophy.
Bible texts are human philosophy.

We don't have any indication of Jesus Christ being omnipresent at all.
I can think of one. "Before Abraham was, I AM." That's eternity, at least.

How about if I put two Bible quotes together.

"I and my Father are One" (John)
"One God and Father of all, through all and in us all." (Ephesians 4)

0scar

Bible texts are human philosophy.

I can think of one. "Before Abraham was, I AM." That's eternity, at least.

How about if I put two Bible quotes together.

"I and my Father are One" (John)
"One God and Father of all, through all and in us all." (Ephesians 4)

Christ is omnipresent.
But Christ emtyed out for incarnation.
Jesus was not omnipresent.

tomlapalm

Jhn 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven

Act 18:9
Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
Act 18:10
For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

tomlapalm

God is speaking

Zec 12:10

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

0scar

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven

Act 18:9
Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
Act 18:10
For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

Today February 7th of 2013 Christ is in Heaven. He is not on Earth; and we are waiting him to return... to Earth, where he is not. He is not omnipresent since he is not on Earth.

tomlapalm

The body is not on earth, but Jesus( God who became man) is.

Jhn 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Jhn 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Today March 7 He is here,

Hbr 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee

0scar

15 “If you love me, you will keep[f] my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate,[g] to be with you forever. 17 This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in[h] you.

18 “I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. 19 In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live.

This is not a sign of any omnipresence. Jesus is talking before his Passion and he is saying that after resurrection he will come to the disciples.

Now answer that: If Jesus is omnipresent, he is everywhere. But if he promess to come somewhere, is because he is not there. Jesus promesses to come where he was not.

tomlapalm

15 “If you love me, you will keep[f] my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate,[g] to be with you forever. 17 This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in[h] you.

18 “I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. 19 In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live.

This is not a sign of any omnipresence. Jesus is talking before his Passion and he is saying that after resurrection he will come to the disciples.

Now answer that: If Jesus is omnipresent, he is everywhere. But if he promess to come somewhere, is because he is not there. Jesus promesses to come where he was not.

He is here spiritually, as the Holy Ghost. He is coming to be with us as a Human

tomlapalm

These three post should be combined.

Omnipresence, omnipotence, omniscience , Holiness, Righteousness, Immutability are all characteristics and requirement of Divinity

Phil 2 7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

The no reputaion Kenosis here does not suggest all of His divinity. In 2 8 the word humbled suggests honor is not present as a Man. In the following verses we know that His honor is restored so that ALL things will bow, not just Humans.

So only His rightful honor and glory is not given to Him as a Human. the Greek word is where we get The Doxology.

0scar

Omnipresence, omnipotence, omniscience , ... are all characteristics and requirement of Divinity

You can not provide biblical evidence of the above statement.
Any how... your reasoning is: God is omnipresnt; Jesus has to be omnipresence.

Well, show me a omnipresent Jesus beside your theological needs.

(kenosis has the own thread)

tomlapalm

Is omnipresence a characteristic of Divinity?

Then I can repeat the answer from the otherthread

Is Jesus Emmanuel?
Is Emmanuel God?
Is God Omnipresent?

But this verse says Jesus was here as a man and was IN HEAVEN while here.

0scar

You asume that Jesus HAS to be omnipresent.
The entire NT show a Jesus that was not omnipresent.
Jesus ascende to the Heaven where he was not before ascending.
Jesus came down from Heaven, coming to Earth were he was not, and leaving the Heaven.
Today Jesus is in Heaven and not on Earth, and we are waiting his return to where he is not: Earth.

Too many places where Jesus is not.

tomlapalm

I cannot prove Jesus is everywhere unless I check everywhere. I can only show you what He said.

He said He was in Heaven at the same time as He was here. Two places at once.

MATTHEW 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

COLOSSIANS 3:11 . . . Christ {is} all, and in all.

MATTHEW 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, {even} unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus is omnipresent.