ECT Obey the Gospel

Danoh

Temper that with this...

[JESUS]But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.[/JESUS] - Luke 12:48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke12:48&version=NKJV

... And...

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.For there is no partiality with God.For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:1-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:1-16&version=NKJV

... In that even those who have never heard the Gospel of Grace, or even of circumcision, or even of the Bible, if they recognize that God exists, and that His standards are just, and (as Paul says) who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality, shall be granted eternal life.

Exactly part of my point, JR, thank you.

Where is any aspect of that mentioned, in 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4?

It's not.

Because in 1 Cor. 15, Paul was basically writing to "the choir" - a people "among" whom Paul had "evidently set forth Jesus Christ crucified" Gal.3:1.

Meaning, in detail.

Details that Paul throughout his two epistles to them repeatedly makes obvious he had previously shared with them.

Details not described in 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4.

Details their ignoring of which had occasioned Paul's having to write them two, very lengthy, very detailed epistles in which he reminds them of said...details.

But all of a sudden neither "the Bible" nor its very necessarily specific "gospel of Christ" is" not "a book of details."

Amusing.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Luke 23:12 KJV And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.

jehovah-witness_o_1305637.jpg

That image of reminds me of the ever completely in the dark JW - ever going around hoping to find people who have nothing more than 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4 but not its various, critically important details, that he might confuse them into his darkness with him, makes my very point.

Thanks, JW.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Danoh

See what he did there?

No MAD here does that.

MADs oppose those who preach false gospels, who defend false doctrines, and who repeatedly dote on questions they don't really want answers to, and we don't suffer fools. What we do NOT do is snobbishly condescend simply because others are not MAD.

Danoh knows this.

What he did there is totally dishonest. A typical Leftist maneuver. A deliberate lie.

It's also projection, another Leftist trait. Why projection?

Who here DOES look down the nose at those who disagree?

Mr. LOL does.

He's also a hypocrite. The only time he "calls us out" is not when we're demonstrably wrong (as with our stand on 1 Cor 15:3-4, which is not an error) but when we just aren't Danohist enough.

That is nothing more than just you in your usual slander.

Romans 5:6-8.

glorydaz

Exactly part of my point, JR, thank you.

Where is any aspect of that mentioned, in 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4?

It's not.

Because in 1 Cor. 15, Paul was basically writing to "the choir" - a people "among" whom Paul had "evidently set forth Jesus Christ crucified" Gal.3:1.

Meaning, in detail.

Details that Paul throughout his two epistles to them repeatedly makes obvious he had previously shared with them.

Details not described in 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4.

Details their ignoring of which had occasioned Paul's having to write them two, very lengthy, very detailed epistles in which he reminds them of said...details.

But all of a sudden neither "the Bible" nor its very necessarily specific "gospel of Christ" is" not "a book of details."

Amusing.

Your complaint was with the Gospel, and now you're hoping to cover all your bases. Do you really think anyone will fall for your attempts to compare the salvation of grace through faith with those who have never heard the Gospel preached at all?

glorydaz

That image of reminds me of the ever completely in the dark JW - ever going around hoping to find people who have nothing more than 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4 but not its various, critically important details, that he might confuse them into his darkness with him, makes my very point.

Thanks, JW.

What? No more flattery? You're such a hypocrite, Danoh...and not even a clever one.

Danoh

Your complaint was with the Gospel, and now you're hoping to cover all your bases. Do you really think anyone will fall for your attempts to compare the salvation of grace through faith with those who have never heard the Gospel preached at all?

My point was never against the gospel, that is just you and various of your pals proving once more your habit of reading things into another's words.

Throughout, my point has been that 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4 does not cover various of the details the gospel of Christ is comprised of and is therefore merely a reminder to the Corinthians that Paul had preached the gospel of Christ to them.

One of my original points was the very point you now assert in your above was not a point I'd raised.

I even cited Paul's "But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." Romans 15:21.

And again, those two passages in 1 Cor. 15, do not contain the various details I posted in that post you showed your inexperience in sharing the gospel of Christ with others, in your reply to me.

That comment you made in reply to that post that the Assurance part is not necessary shows your inexperience.

Any seasoned individual - MAD or NOT -would long automatically know by now that the reason people end up so confused to begin with, is that the gospel was not shared with them with clarity as to those kinds of issues.

Which is an issue of details.

One does not lead someone to the Lord and just leaves them at that.

One goes on to share with them the details of their assurance, etc., right then there, for to leave such things out is to risk someone coming along to confuse them.

Oh, I'm well aware you might or might not come up with some comeback against that.

Never mind that the reason so many on here over the years have not been clear from the get was because someone left out critical details in their sharing of the gospel with them.

This need for "The Clarity of the Gospel" is a Basic within Mid-Acts.

Only you know it alls appear to know nothing about it, despite Paul's repeatedly obvious practice of it in Acts and in his writings to his original audience - "the choir."

You're each wrong on this.

But none of that is the actual issue for any of you.

Rather, someone pointed it out, but being that you each live for conflict, you took issue with it, and there you remain.

Exactly what RD did when JR attempted to point a thing out to him recently.

Exactly what you do when ever I point out a thing to you.

You're each like that.

Well, you're wrong in both of the above.

Plain and simple.

Just as you will each go on proving you are wrong the very next post you spit on anyone whom someone failed to be clear with as to the various aspects of the gospel of Christ I posted earlier on this, a thread about - "obedience."

Talk about the irony of each your willful cluelessness on these two issues.

You are only fooling yourselves.

2 Timothy 2:15.

john w

Hall of Fame

Thanks, JW.

You missed it, as usual. Meshak, a JW, need only to hear 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV-over, and over.. But you'd rather "make nice" with her, as a "man pleaser," as pleasing men, is more important than pleasing God, to you, on TOL. My evidence? Your posts, where you ridicule respective members of the boc, and kiss a--, with wolves, Christ rejectors, such as Meshak, and "pepper" your words to her/it, with "Pay no attention to them."
nothing more than 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4

There you go-1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, is referred to merely as a "nothing more," merely a "foot note," an "asterisk."

"Thanks."

glorydaz

My point was never against the gospel, that is just you and various of your pals proving once more your habit of reading things into another's words.

Throughout, my point has been that 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4 does not cover various of the details the gospel of Christ is comprised of and is therefore merely a reminder to the Corinthians that Paul had preached the gospel of Christ to them.

One of my original points was the very point you now assert in your above was not a point I'd raised.

I even cited Paul's "But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." Romans 15:21.

And again, those two passages in 1 Cor. 15, do not contain the various details I posted in that post you showed your inexperience in sharing the gospel of Christ with others, in your reply to me.

That comment you made in reply to that post that the Assurance part is not necessary shows your inexperience.

Any seasoned individual - MAD or NOT -would long automatically know by now that the reason people end up so confused to begin with, is that the gospel was not shared with them with clarity as to those kinds of issues.

Which is an issue of details.

One does not lead someone to the Lord and just leaves them at that.

One goes on to share with them the details of their assurance, etc., right then there, for to leave such things out is to risk someone coming along to confuse them.

Oh, I'm well aware you might or might not come up with some comeback against that.

Never mind that the reason so many on here over the years have not been clear from the get was because someone left out critical details in their sharing of the gospel with them.

This need for "The Clarity of the Gospel" is a Basic within Mid-Acts.

Only you know it alls appear to know nothing about it, despite Paul's repeatedly obvious practice of it in Acts and in his writings to his original audience - "the choir."

You're each wrong on this.

But none of that is the actual issue for any of you.

Rather, someone pointed it out, but being that you each live for conflict, you took issue with it, and there you remain.

Exactly what RD did when JR attempted to point a thing out to him recently.

Exactly what you do when ever I point out a thing to you.

You're each like that.

Well, you're wrong in both of the above.

Plain and simple.

Just as you will each go on proving you are wrong the very next post you spit on anyone whom someone failed to be clear with as to the various aspects of the gospel of Christ I posted earlier on this, a thread about - "obedience."

Talk about the irony of each your willful cluelessness on these two issues.

You are only fooling yourselves.

2 Timothy 2:15.

You're so full of yourself, I think I'll step back lest you explode all over the place. :shut:

Danoh

More of your Romans 16:17 KJV attempt to divide us "pals," I see.

"Thanks."

You'll have to accuse the Apostle Paul of same. For he himself repeatedly calls out your group's exact kind of fake, united front.

And my point to Meshak was to pay no mind to your insults.

Twist away, JohnW. Its your forte and that of your ever so supposedly well-meaning pals.

Danoh

He doesn't even know the difference between slander and libel.

Apparantly, per you, the Apostle Paul didn't either, Romans 3:8.

More amusing, though, is that you apparantly don't know the difference between posting to someone that you will be ignoring their posts and actually being honest and disciplined enough to do so.

:D

Last edited:

Danoh

Ephesians 1 KJV

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 that in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 that we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 in whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

-The lost person hears the word of truth, the gospel of their salvation,
-That person trusts Christ, through the word of truth, the gospel of their salvation,="believed"

=that is all that is needed-simple

Paul then speaks of the sealing of the Holy Spirit,.....=eternal security=done deal=gives us hope, "confident expectation"

The details of which are NOT described in 1 Cor. 15: 3, 4 - because Paul was merely reminding them he had preached the gospel of Christ to them.

Thanks for making my point...

That Paul himself reminds the Corinthians in both his epistles to them, of details just like those in Ephesians cited by you there, that he had gone into with them, back when he had preached the gospel of Christ to them.

1 Cor. 15:1-4 was merely a reminder that he had preached the gospel of Christ to them - one has to read all verses 3, 4 are actually comprised of, into them, to hold your disengenuous position that those two verses are all that is needed, when presenting the gospel of Christ to the lost.

Again, thanks for proving my very point to you "experts."