ECT Obey the Gospel

musterion

[MADs] look down their noses at [anyone for] being not MAD.

See what he did there?

No MAD here does that.

MADs oppose those who preach false gospels, who defend false doctrines, and who repeatedly dote on questions they don't really want answers to, and we don't suffer fools. What we do NOT do is snobbishly condescend simply because others are not MAD.

Danoh knows this.

What he did there is totally dishonest. A typical Leftist maneuver. A deliberate lie.

It's also projection, another Leftist trait. Why projection?

Who here DOES look down the nose at those who disagree?

Mr. LOL does.

He's also a hypocrite. The only time he "calls us out" is not when we're demonstrably wrong (as with our stand on 1 Cor 15:3-4, which is not an error) but when we just aren't Danohist enough.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are real Jews in Israel that are Messianic Jews. Is that what you're trying to be?
Actually, the New Covenant and Covenant part has to do with an experience in my room as a child, when I was reading scripture and or before. I am not Messianic because of doctrine. I believe that Yeshua, Jesus, is the Messiah.

glorydaz

Just you, again, reading your exact behaviour towards anyone not MAD on here as being my intent and behaviour towards you.

So what if several of your pals agree with you on some of that about me - not all of them do.

Others of them have often private message'd me their agreement with me on one thing or another.

While very few non-MADs on here have ever agreed with your assessment about me at all.

Get over yourselves - you each treat non-MADs on here far worse than I treat any of you.

Far worse.

All I did was point out a thing about 1 Cor. 15.

YOU turned it into a means of unleashing your personal vendetta, once more.

Your problem is you and some of your pals actually believe have a right to spit on anyone who does not hold MAD views.

You then project that as being what I am up to whenever I merely attempt to point out a thing to any of you, or call you out on your disgraceful conduct towards anyone who does not hold MAD views.

Revealing your true selves by that to all but to yourselves.

Should you move on, that is your weakness, and your loss.

Only a spiritual wimp blames someone else for their throwing up their hands.

Because Romans 5:6-8 should be more than enough of where your focus ought to be and can be, when things don't go your way.

Just shows how spiritually immature you and some of your pals actually are, no matter how much you each go on and on about "the grace that is in Christ Jesus."

Yours is a hypocrisy.

Deal with it. For you can.

Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Seriously dude...when you look down from your high horse you expose your behind.

When you manage to put a damper on that pride and thin skin, you have some good things to share. It's really too bad you can't have more control over yourSELF. :sigh:

glorydaz

And yet, you and every one your pals all agreed with me on the following, back when I first posted it, and I was all ya'lls darlin...

:D

Where Will You Spend Eternity?

Mans problem: "Sin"

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

...God's Provision: "THE CROSS"

"Christ died for our sin according to the scriptures; and that he was buried,and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures." (1Corinthians 15:3-4)

God's Gift: "SALVATION"

"...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23 b)

Man's Responsibility: "FAITH"

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

The Result: "PEACE WITH GOD"

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:1)

The ASSURANCE: "SEALED "

"In whom [Christ] ye also trusted, after that, ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise..." (Ephesians 1:13)

THAT is what I Cor. 15: 3, 4's merely a reminder - "to the choir" - is ACTUALLY ALL about...

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

THAT, and the point you at least saw, but did not agree with me on, absent of the following...

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Case in point of others that could be cited...

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Why?

Romans 10:14, 15, cited herein above.

Acts 17:11, 12.

But Acts 8 is not Paul's Gospel, is it?

So your point is what, exactly?

This is not difficult, Danoh. If you answer a person's questions, succinctly, you are not preaching over their heads. We all know that. No one has ever said, or even insinuated, that we merely say, "Christ died, was buried, and rose from the dead." You're the one who made such a ridiculous assumption in the first place.

Case in point....we don't even have to mention the word "justified" when we preach the Gospel. We don't have to mention "sealed" or even "peace with God". So the point that the guys were trying to make to you was the Gospel, the plain and simple Gospel that one must believe in order to be saved is found in 1 Cor. 15:3-4

I think you just like to stir the pot and get all strutty about, so you "correct" others when they don't need to get corrected.

glorydaz

Yo, spoon-fed (exactly why I used the phrase "to a lesser degree" in my description of you to John - which you both read some other idea into :D)...

What Meshak said was "May I offer my objective perspective about YOU Mads POSTERS here?" - NOT about MAD itself.

Try being a bit more objective, RD.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.

There you go....scolding a member of the body because he won't lend an ear to the heathen. You are too wishy washy, Danoh. No need to kiss the ungodly to garner favour among them.

glorydaz

They're just "mad" that I point things out to them and or call them out on their mistreatment of anyone they look down their noses at as being not MAD.

Pay them no mind.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.

Hmmm....so much for calling the ungodly out as whited sepulchres filled with dead men's bones. And here you had the perfect opportunity to show yourself discerning.

glorydaz

Parts yes, parts no, not just for them.

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

But the MAD I hold to is not as black or white, our way or the highway, insistent on a thing as the "MAD" of SOME of the "MADS" on here.

Their "MAD" arose later, after much that MAD holds had long been settled, and built into this "MAD" of theirs is a mean streak towards anyone who does not agree with them.

Believe me, most MADs do not treat those who oppose MAD as poorly as some "MADs" on here treat anyone who does not agree with them.

Very few, behave that way...very few.

Romans 5:6-8.

This has nothing to do with MAD. This has to do with how we respond to the ungodly, unsaved, preachers of anti-Christ garbage. You won't even preach the Gospel to Meshak, because you're too busy stabbing the brothers in the back in order to garner favour among the heathen. You're a wolf in sheep's clothing, Danoh.

musterion

Can one conclude that a person (let's call him Bob) who is lost but is convicted and willing to repent [change his mind] will be saved by hearing and believing in the DBR for his sins, and nothing else? I believe so, because Paul says that's the good news which is THE power of God unto salvation.

Others may not agree, saying that's a "reductionist gospel." They may say more information is needed for lost, convicted Bob to be saved.

Okay, fine. I only ask to know, simply stated from Paul, what else Bob needs to believe in addition to the DBR? Honest question. Who will explain it? If I'm wrong I'll repent, gladly.

glorydaz

Can one conclude that a person (let's call him Bob) who is lost but is convicted and willing to repent [change his mind] will be saved by hearing and believing in the DBR for his sins, and nothing else? I believe so, because Paul says that's the good news which is THE power of God unto salvation.

Others may not agree, saying that's a "reductionist gospel." They may say more information is needed for lost, convicted Bob to be saved.

Okay, fine. I only ask to know, simply stated from Paul, what else Bob needs to believe in addition to the DBR? Honest question. Who will explain it? If I'm wrong I'll repent, gladly.

If Bob is "convicted", then clearly he is being convicted by the Holy Spirit. When Bob is convicted by the Holy Spirit, the preaching of the cross (death, burial, and resurrection) will be all it takes.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;​

Good word, Musti. :thumb:

musterion

If Bob is "convicted", then clearly he is being convicted by the Holy Spirit.

Yep, which was my assumption the whole time -- no one will believe it who hasn't been convicted of sin. Why would they? They won't believe that they need Him.

Danoh evidently didn't pick up on that and so has been arguing against a point I never made.

john w

Hall of Fame

Ephesians 1 KJV

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 that in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 that we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 in whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

-The lost person hears the word of truth, the gospel of their salvation,
-That person trusts Christ, through the word of truth, the gospel of their salvation,="believed"

=that is all that is needed-simple

Paul then speaks of the sealing of the Holy Spirit,.....=eternal security=done deal=gives us hope, "confident expectation"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

If Bob is "convicted", then clearly he is being convicted by the Holy Spirit. When Bob is convicted by the Holy Spirit, the preaching of the cross (death, burial, and resurrection) will be all it takes.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;​

Good word, Musti. :thumb:

Temper that with this...

[JESUS]But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.[/JESUS] - Luke 12:48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke12:48&version=NKJV

... And...

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.For there is no partiality with God.For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:1-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:1-16&version=NKJV

... In that even those who have never heard the Gospel of Grace, or even of circumcision, or even of the Bible, if they recognize that God exists, and that His standards are just, and (as Paul says) who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality, shall be granted eternal life.

glorydaz

Temper that with this...

[JESUS]But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.[/JESUS] - Luke 12:48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke12:48&version=NKJV

... And...

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.For there is no partiality with God.For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:1-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:1-16&version=NKJV

... In that even those who have never heard the Gospel of Grace, or even of circumcision, or even of the Bible, if they recognize that God exists, and that His standards are just, and (as Paul says) who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality, shall be granted eternal life.

There is that.