ECT Obey the Gospel

Rosenritter

What would someone do in service to Christ that isn't commanded? If it's not commanded, who are they doing it for?

John 15:13-15 KJV
(13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
(14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
(15) Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

The commandment of Jesus cannot be fulfilled by doing it because of a mere commandment, because the commandment itself is love and faith. I think there's something terribly wrong when people kick and buck against what Jesus commanded because he used the word "commandment."

1 John 5:2-3 KJV
(2) By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Too much time with MAD trying to say that Jesus isn't for them and only for the Jews, more time should be spent listening to Jesus who laid down his life for us. I'd much rather be called a friend by Jesus than received by the whole host of the MAD assembly.

Rosenritter

Translation: I, Danoh, will accuse other members of the boc with insulting others, not rightfully because they pervert the gospel of Christ, like Meshak, but because I assess that they are not MAD, but I am lying about that, to gain fame on TOL, and divide the brethren, as when challenged to provide any evidence on that charge, I cannot, and I punt, all the while insulting, in condescension, and wickedness, and spite, and bitterness,the brethren, with my "you and your pals" spam, "grace fraud," and, in your , "frankly" clown act, accuse others of being hypocrites, and devilishly, asserting that 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is not enough, which the LORD God never taught you, and we know who did.

You should leave.Go back to Christianforums.com-or were you told to take your shtick elsewhere there, also?
I've always posted over there, on and off, over the years.

It is you and SOME of your pals on here who would not be welcome over there for more than three posts, were you to be as insulting over there as you have ALWAYS been on here - a mere three insults and you'd each be banned for a month from that forum.

And that's for starters.

You'd each be gone in three posts.

:rotfl:

Rom. 5:6-8.

Where is this mythical El Dorado where we can find Christianity being discussed with civility?

Rosenritter

Have some butter with that popcorn...

The Holy Spirit set the Apostles in the body (church) first.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues.

King James Bible
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Is there someone here saying that the church was not the body of Christ?

glorydaz

John 15:13-15 KJV
(13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
(14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
(15) Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

The commandment of Jesus cannot be fulfilled by doing it because of a mere commandment, because the commandment itself is love and faith. I think there's something terribly wrong when people kick and buck against what Jesus commanded because he used the word "commandment."

1 John 5:2-3 KJV
(2) By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Too much time with MAD trying to say that Jesus isn't for them and only for the Jews, more time should be spent listening to Jesus who laid down his life for us. I'd much rather be called a friend by Jesus than received by the whole host of the MAD assembly.

You still don't get it, do you? Must be why you continue to make these nonsensical charges. Try this one. Does this give you some little inkling?

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,....

Danoh

Where is this mythical El Dorado where we can find Christianity being discussed with civility?

That other sites' is just a different form of the forced political correctness emphasized on here.

Which, in both, it winds up in some ever living to run to a moderator in the hopes of eventually getting someone banned for ever.

:chuckle:

For I find such things humorous.

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

Reminds me of a group within MAD who many years ago attempted the Mormon, Quaker, Mennonite thing - just them in their own Mid-Acts community.

The thing eventually failed.

Because that kind of thing arises out of a kind of a deepseated belief in a kind of a political correctness and in its insistence of same on others.

Which was the Law Principle, given the Law's intent through it - rebellion, that sin might appear sin.

Those within Christianity, in general, and or within Mid-Acts in particular, who do not subscribe to that?

They are right away slandered as Leftists and Liberals by those who do subscribe to a PC, of sorts.

Its the same case on that other website - which is not a Mid-Acts based website.

It too has its share of instigators who at the same time are ever running to a moderator to call "foul - ban this person!"

In contrast to the Apostle Paul's...

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Like I said, I find such things hilarious.

Why?

Because Romans 5:6-8 is all any Believer ever needs to rest in and or to run to.

And there is a great, never ending joy in that, that results in a sense of humour about things like the above.

Rosenritter

That other sites' is just a different form of the forced political correctness emphasized on here.

Which, in both, it winds up in some ever living to run to a moderator in the hopes of eventually getting someone banned for ever.

:chuckle:

For I find such things humorous.

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

Reminds me of a group within MAD who many years ago attempted the Mormon, Quaker, Mennonite thing - just them in their own Mid-Acts community.

The thing eventually failed.

Because that kind of thing arises out of a kind of a deepseated belief in a kind of a political correctness and in its insistence of same on others.

Which was the Law Principle, given the Law's intent through it - rebellion, that sin might appear sin.

Those within Christianity, in general, and or within Mid-Acts in particular, who do not subscribe to that?

They are right away slandered as Leftists and Liberals by those who do subscribe to a PC, of sorts.

Its the same case on that other website - which is not a Mid-Acts based website.

It too has its share of instigators who at the same time are ever running to a moderator to call "foul - ban this person!"

In contrast to the Apostle Paul's...

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Like I said, I find such things hilarious.

Why?

Because Romans 5:6-8 is all any Believer ever needs to rest in and or to run to.

And there is a great, never ending joy in that, that results in a sense of humour about things like the above.

In forums like these when the law of Christian love is not self regulating, it would be rather preferable if its laws were enforced equally on everyone even if it was of letter and not of willing heart and spirit. As such a forced and enforced civility might be a schoolmaster to bring its participants to where they learned civility by repetition and example.

glorydaz

In forums like these when the law of Christian love is not self regulating, it would be rather preferable if its laws were enforced equally on everyone even if it was of letter and not of willing heart and spirit. As such a forced and enforced civility might be a schoolmaster to bring its participants to where they learned civility by repetition and example.

Right, because we just love those Pharisees marching about ready to slap white wash on the unlearned masses.

Danoh

While I agree with you that in the absence of a kind of a "these were more noble than those in Thessalonica" in the Believer, as he or she responds to one conflict or another, the need to reign such in, while ever obvious within Paul's writings to his first century audience, so is his ever turning such moments into an opportunity to remind them of, and or to instruct them in, lessons like the following...

2 Corinthians 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

When you think on it, there was Paul, running to The Great Moderator Himself.

What does Paul walk away with?

A slap on the wrist? Not exactly, that alone.

A coddling? In no way, shape, or form.

A one-sided "don't challenge my ruling?"

Not that, either.

Instead, a lesson in a core principle that will not only serve him throughout what ever comes his way, but that he might be example of, through his willingly living it out by faith, unto his first century readers.

This is often the case in his writings, not only his attempt to reign in the misconduct of someone, where called for, but Paul also just as often emphasizes that Grace that is in Christ Jesus, that is only made perfect in weakness.

Notice both, once more, even in very few words by him, while calling out and warning the Corinthians, on their misconduct...

2 Corinthians 1:23 Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth. 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

What is one left with, in the absence of the Grace emphasis aspect also?

With its' absence in, one.

That is, where the individual continues in the obvious failure of many a Believer - the ever obviously repeated failure to have asked oneself, and then proceeded to seek out an answer to the question "nevertheless, what might Scripture have to say about what my focus can be, come my way, what may?"

Which is an individual thing.

For a individual aspect it must remain.

As is ever obvious in passages like the above, Paul was clear in this, during his own practice of the kinds of obvious "moderating..." on his part, of conduct unbecoming of a Believer.

Why?

Because Romans 5: 6-8, in each...our stead.