Nontrinitarianism

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I accidentally stumbled onto a thread today. Come to find out, it was a debate about the trinity vs anti-trinity.

It got me to thinking.

Does Nontrinitarianism believe that Jesus was created?

Thank you kindly.

I said
I'm a nontrinitarian. And yes Jesus was created.

Col 1:15
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(NKJ)

My problem with the trinity is that it breaks all the rules for a believer. Not to even think beyond what is written. And not to add one thing to the scriptures or take one thing away from the scriptures.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

I also think it is calling Jesus a liar. Jesus said the Father is the only true God.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
I'm a nontrinitarian. And yes Jesus was created.

Col 1:15
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(NKJ)

My problem with the trinity is that it breaks all the rules for a believer. Not to even think beyond what is written. And not to add one thing to the scriptures or take one thing away from the scriptures.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

I also think it is calling Jesus a liar. Jesus said the Father is the only true God.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

well said, amen.

StanJ

Being banned does not mean your wrong Stan. Sometimes its not what you say but the way you say it.

Apparently it is not possible for you to actually ANSWER a direct question is it keypurr? Is that why you are apostate, because you never answered the key things God asked you?

keypurr

Apparently it is not possible for you to actually ANSWER a direct question is it keypurr? Is that why you are apostate, because you never answered the key things God asked you?

I concern myself with answering to my God, not man. I try to please him, not you.

You just want to be with the crowd Stan.

oatmeal

I concur. It doesn't answer the question,. Nevertheless, thank you for your very thoughtful post.

Would you care to answer the question now?

Thank you kindly.

Jesus Christ's body was made of the same stuff that any human's body is made of. "Dust and ashes" Those "dust and ashes" were created back in Genesis 1:1

Jesus' body was made of stuff that was created, thus the body of Jesus Christ is the result of creation by God.

Soul was created in Genesis 1. This soul was tainted by Adam and Eve's sin and continued to be tainted by all who sin, thus the shorter and shorter lives we live compared to those in Genesis who lived hundreds of years (this degeneration applies to the durability of the human body as well)

Since this tainted soul was not pure, innocent as it was before A and E's disobedience, God created pure, sinless soul in the sperm that impregnated Mary's egg in her womb.

The spirit from God that descended in the form of a dove at Jesus' baptism by John was spirit that given to him by God, who is spirit, John 4:24. Since God, who is the Holy Spirit, gives to us of His spirit, I John 4:13, did God have to create holy spirit for Jesus? God gives to us of His spirit, God's word does not indicate that God would have to create anything special for His son in this regard. God, being the Father of Jesus Christ, would give the best to His son, certainly, since God gives of His spirit to us, and you cannot get better than God's spirit, there is every reason to conclude that God gave of His spirit to Jesus as well.

From the above info, it is clear that the body and soul of Jesus Christ was made of created stuff. The spirit that descended down upon Jesus Christ is the same spirit that God gives to us. I John 4:13, since God is not created, His spirit is not created, but is simply what He is.

keypurr

Stan notice:

Rev 3:12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. (NIV)

Listen to your Lord.

StanJ

Stan notice:

Rev 3:12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. (NIV)

Listen to your Lord.

So you think some people will actually be 'pillars' in some non-existent temple in the future. I suggest you read Revelation more to see what it really conveys. I don't know HOW you ever get anything right in your confused mind?

God's Truth

Good...then go answer him and stop bugging us who know the real God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Abraham was not made to obey God. Abraham obeyed God and that is why the promises were fulfilled through him.

Genesis 26:4-5I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

achduke

So you think some people will actually be 'pillars' in some non-existent temple in the future. I suggest you read Revelation more to see what it really conveys. I don't know HOW you ever get anything right in your confused mind?

Why do you think there is no temple? The temple is a living temple.

John 2:21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

1 Peter 2:4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him—

1 Peter 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says:

Zechariah 3:8 “ ‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

1 Corintians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own

Revelation 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

StanJ

Why do you think there is no temple? The temple is a living temple.

John 2:21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

1 Peter 2:4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him—

1 Peter 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says:

Zechariah 3:8 “ ‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

1 Corintians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own

Revelation 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

If you didn't understand the post I replied to or mine then I suggest you go read it AGAIN.
How can a person be a pillar in a temple that is an actual human being?

keypurr

Are you saying the words of Jesus Christ mean nothing to you?

You just exposed yourself Stan.