Nontrinitarianism

StanJ

John 14

John 14

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

Word based mystic

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

Nasb which has a bit more detailed word interpretation shows vs 14 to say If you love me you (will) keep my commands.

This reaffirms the love focus.
That the proof that you love him is you keep his commands

otherwise how long will you need to earn/work or keep his commands before the next verse is applicable?

So (If) you love me you will keep my commands (and) then.

the keeping of the commands is the proof of the love.

if you keep the commands but have not love you are a clanging cymbal.

what say you.

Interactive relationship is and always has been the desire of God. Slavery and servanthood is inferior and is not the primary focus in relation to obedience.

we are coming out of slaves and servants into sons and daughters
bride and bridegroom
brothers and sisters.

Word based mystic

Indeed, but I posted this to affirm the triune nature of God. It is a given that Christians must obey God, or more effectively, that we will obey God as we grow in our walk with Him.

sorry about the distraction on that point.

it is a point that Gods truth ignores and i am a bit focused on trying to point out that obedience is birthed out of love and relationship.

She has this servant slave focus that believes obedience births love??

i need to just drop the focus and move on.

StanJ

it is a point that Gods truth ignores and i am a bit focused on trying to point out that obedience is birthed out of love and relationship.

Not required, I just prefer to be clear when I post, as so many on TOL equivocate endlessly.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Consider that Christ is the word that dwelled in Jesus, not the Father.

Consider that Jesus said His Father dwelt in Him,

and that Jesus Himself is the word made flesh which describes --

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Where Christ the prepared body by the word, came into the world when He was sent after His baptism by John and the Father first entered Him to begin reconciling the world unto Himself.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Good point.

Please refer to poster "Gods truth" as GT, for obvious reasons.

Thanks.

God's Truth

How much clearer does it have to be?

Love is obedience.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

From the way you are behaving here, I would say you are being strongly convicted by the Holy Spirit.