Nontrinitarianism

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Genesis 1:26 states: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

oatmeal

Sorry but, there is in fact: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Well, that is easier said than scripturally substantiated.

Show me from scripture where Jesus, the son of God, is referred to as "God the Son"

Since you cannot, your credibility and your theology is clearly compromised

For that matter, where is "God the Holy Spirit" found?

God knows what He calls himself, it is your job to find that out

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Show me from scripture where Jesus, the son of God, is referred to as "God the Son"

Acts 5:3-4

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Because you've chosen that icon: you're just a shell of a man.

oatmeal

Acts 5:3-4

Let me repeat my question.

where is "God the Holy Spirit" found in scripture.

Acts 5:3-4 does not contain the phrase "God the Holy Spirit".

Grosnick seems to think that "God the Holy Spirit" is a name that God refers to himself as in scripture.

However, God does refer to himself as "the Holy Spirit"

God most certainly is holy, and God is most certainly spirit, John 4:24, therefore it takes no logical leap to understand why God would refer to himself as "the Holy Spirit".

But God does not use the phrase "God the Holy Spirit" in scripture as name for himself.

Since God, who knows who He is, does not, there is no reason for me to refer to him as that.

IF Grosnick had referred to God by referring to "the Holy Spirit" or shepherd or rock or Elohim, El, El Shaddai, Jehovah, etc., I would agree with Grosnick, but he did not.

Last edited:

StanJ

Because you said there is no temple and seem to be having problems with symbology and future events.

and if you would have been paying attention you would have understood the context I posted in to see I meant an actual building. Give me a break please.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nice try, but let me repeat my question.

Where does scripture refer to Jesus Christ as "God the Son".

Scripture never refers to Jesus Christ as "God the Son" so why would you?

Doesn't have to. It refers to him as God.

oatmeal

Doesn't have to. It refers to him as God.

That is an interesting comment.

Scripture refers to humans beings being called God by God himself.

You consistently ignore Exodus 7:1 KJV, where God tells Moses that He made him a god to Pharaoh.

God calls Moses god. Does that make Moses "the God"?

Jesus Christ makes it clear that God has called those "unto whom the word of God came" gods

John 10:34-36 KJV

Therefore we must stop and think before we assume that when scripture refers to someone as god, that that statement implies more than intended. "god" is a title. A title that God confers to humans.

Titus 2:13 as it appears in the KJV is translated poorly.

It more accurately reads, Looking for that blessed hope the appearing of the glory of the great God, even our savior Jesus Christ.

Kai can mean "and, also and even" Here, to fit with the rest of scripture it must be translated "even".

Jesus Christ is the glory of the Father, even as any proud father would declare his son his glory.

Nehemiah 9:27 makes it clear that God has been in the habit of sending saviors to deliver His people.

God is the source of all salvation, but He is wise enough to delegate authority to humans.

II Corinthians 5:18-20

He has delegated to us the ministry of reconciliation and the word of reconciliation.

Who is supposed to do reconciling in the absence of Jesus Christ? We are.

That includes teaching people what it takes to receive the gift of salvation from God. See Romans 10:9-10

Titus 2:13 is poorly translated. It is not proof of your conclusion.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not really my friend. He teaches us about his God who sent him to us.
John 1:1 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 Modern English Version (MEV)

14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

keypurr

John 1:1 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 Modern English Version (MEV)

14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

How did the word become flesh?

More important, who or what is the word?

I think the word is the express image spiritual son of God. Christ who needed a body prepared for him. He was a spirit that became flesh.

CherubRam

I accidentally stumbled onto a thread today. Come to find out, it was a debate about the trinity vs anti-trinity.

It got me to thinking.

Does Nontrinitarianism believe that Jesus was created?

Thank you kindly.

John 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

It is assumed that the people in heaven were created by God.

StanJ

How did the word become flesh?

More important, who or what is the word?

I think the word is the express image spiritual son of God. Christ who needed a body prepared for him. He was a spirit that became flesh.

Matt 1:20

We know what you think keypurr...you just CAN'T prove it from scripture.

StanJ

Funny how all these threads keep getting refuted and they start another. Thank God Sherman has warned about no more anti Trinity threads. They won't be able to avoid getting cornered anymore.

keypurr

Funny how all these threads keep getting refuted and they start another. Thank God Sherman has warned about no more anti Trinity threads. They won't be able to avoid getting cornered anymore.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.
Joh 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Joh 8:45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
Joh 8:46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?
Joh 8:47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

This applies to you and many on TOL.