ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Satanist, Judas worshiper, Dodgeball:

Show us where the 12, including your saint Judas, ever preached, prior to the dbr,dung one, this good news:

"The Master is going to die for your sins..and be raised again for your justification...Believe this good news, to be saved!!!!!"

Why do you follow Judas, instead of the Lord Jesus Christ, whom you, in disrespect, address as "Jesus," since you hate Him?

See how that works, Catholic? Why do you follow Peter, instead of the Lord Jesus Christ, Catholic?

dodge

lol, I can't ( iggy blocks the garbage ) and do not want to read your UN-Godly dribble !

Tell your deceptions and lies to someone else.

Interplanner

How did the disciples turn in to the outburst led by Peter after the Transfiguration? They knew he was to die, but what causes people to hide from that?

Wick Stick

Is it just me, or does this thread not make much sense?

Seems like someone has gone through it and deleted half the posts.

dodge

[Title borrowed from a mid-Acts blog]

If anyone during the Lord's time on earth would have anticipated His death, burial and resurrection for forgiveness and justification of the world, the disciples would have been the ones.

But what does God tell us?

So if you have been taught that people before Calvary were "looking forward to the cross" as their Good News, you have been fooled into placing stupid, lying human traditions that someone handed to you above the revealed Word of God. However, you can always repent [change your mind] about that, and you should do so immediately.

But if you read the above Scripture and still insist that people back then were somehow "looking forward to the cross" as their Good News, you are a literal pharisee because you hate God's Word and love the stupid lies of human traditions (Mark 7:13), which also reveals you to be a stiff-necked stupid liar yourself.

The thread falls flat on it's face saying "no one" was looking forward to the cross.

Here is three that knew named Zacharias,Simeon ,and Anna.

Luk 1:76
And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Luk 1:77
To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Luk 2:34
And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Luk 2:35
(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Luk 2:38
And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

So I guess that means , you are a literal pharisee because you hate God's Word and love the stupid lies of human traditions (Mark 7:13), which also reveals you to be a stiff-necked stupid liar yourself.

musterion

The thread falls flat on it's face saying "no one" was looking forward to the cross.

Here is three that knew named Zacharias,Simeon ,and Anna.

Luk 1:76
And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Luk 2:34
And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Luk 2:35
(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Luk 2:38
And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
Prove you know what you're talking about and aren't just a troll:

Show where Zacharias,Simeon and Anna knew, at that time, that Messiah was going to be nailed to a cross and that His death and resurrection would be the basis for forgiveness and justification of the entire world through faith, entirely apart from anyone coming to God through Israel.

Can you do that?

Not even His disciples knew that as they walked with Him, so I think you can't show it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Gospel of the kingdom (Mt 4:23, 9:35). This is the good news that God intends to set up the kingdom of Christ in fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant (2 Sam. 7:16). This message was preached by John the Baptist, by our Lord during His first advent, and will be preached during the tribulation (Mt 24:14).

Gospel of Grace: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

The Gospel of the Kingdom pertains to Israel. Jesus' earthly kingdom is solely with Israel; He will return and rule according to the law.

The Gospel preached by Paul is a heavenly gospel which establishes the Church and The Body of Christ. His message was Grace.

dodge

Prove you know what you're talking about and aren't just a troll:

Show where Zacharias,Simeon and Anna knew, at that time, that Messiah was going to be nailed to a cross and that His death and resurrection would be the basis for forgiveness and justification of the entire world through faith, entirely apart from anyone coming to God through Israel.

Can you do that?

Not even His disciples knew that as they walked with Him, so I think you can't show it.

I don't force feed anyone you want to reject God's word that is on you.

If you are honest you would read the scriptures and learn. I cannot make you learn the truth you must get serious with God and seek Him and His truth.

One of the three I showed you was kept alive until he saw God's salvation. UN-like you I am sure he knew the scriptures and had an open heart to God.

dodge

Gospel of the kingdom (Mt 4:23, 9:35). This is the good news that God intends to set up the kingdom of Christ in fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant (2 Sam. 7:16). This message was preached by John the Baptist, by our Lord during His first advent, and will be preached during the tribulation (Mt 24:14).

Gospel of Grace: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

The Gospel of the Kingdom pertains to Israel. Jesus' earthly kingdom is solely with Israel; He will return and rule according to the law.

The Gospel preached by Paul is a heavenly gospel which establishes the Church and The Body of Christ. His message was Grace.

The Gospel means good news. So how many good newses do you believe there are concerning salvation ?
Scripture only teaches ONE good news and it is about what Jesus did.

How many crucifixions do you suppose there are as payment for sin ? Scripture only teaches ONE.

The good news for everyone is about Jesus and His sacrifice as the only payment for sin. I only know of one sacrifice that is good news as it applies to the world for attaining forgiveness and it is about Jesus
AGAIN.

There are not doors ( good newses ) to eternal life there is only ONE i.e. Jesus.

There are not lights ( good newses ) that lead to eternal life. There is only ONE i.e. Jesus.

There are not ways ( good newses) to God there is only ONE i.e. Jesus.

There are not truths ( good newses ) that lead to eternal life there is only ONE truth i.e. Jesus.

There are not lives ( good newses )to make one whole there is ONE life that makes one whole i.e. Jesus.

There are not roads ( good newses ) but ONE road that leads to eternal life i.e. Jesus.

dodge

Like I said, you can't do it.

I already did you was to lazy or hardened to the truth to receive or see the truth. I know why you reject the truth it exposes the lies you have accepted and believe and that is on YOU not me.

musterion

I already did you was to lazy or hardened to the truth to receive or see the truth. I know why you reject the truth it exposes the lies you have accepted and believe and that is on YOU not me.

You're all talk, no substance, no truth.

dodge

You're all talk, no substance, no truth.

Already did. I believe that you are so caught up in the lies God will not allow YOU to see the truth,sadly.

What was the knowledge of salvation ? Why that would be the D.B.R. and the "Gospel of Grace ".

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Scripture only teaches ONE good news and it is about what Jesus did.

How many crucifixions do you suppose there are as payment for sin ? Scripture only teaches ONE.

The good news for everyone is about Jesus and His sacrifice as the only payment for sin. I only know of one sacrifice that is good news as it applies to the world for attaining forgiveness and it is about Jesus
AGAIN.
You are leaving out the Jews and God's promise to Israel! You also seem to fail to follow the distinctive concepts in my posts.

I began posting here about how silly it was to forget the Jews! The Kingdom Gospel the Twelve were set to preach when Jesus was alive was to Israel.

.... and yes, I well know the Gospel mean good news; it you think I do not know that, then go to the kiddies pool.......

dodge

You are leaving out the Jews and God's promise to Israel! You also seem to fail to follow the distinctive concepts in my posts.

I began posting here about how silly it was to forget the Jews! The Kingdom Gospel the Twelve were set to preach when Jesus was alive was to Israel.

.... and yes, I well know the Gospel mean good news; it you think I do not know that, then go to the kiddies pool.......

The Jews were set aside because they rejected their Messiah and the gentiles were grafted into the TRUE tree, and what is that true tree ? That would be the only "one" Gospel of grace that the Jews rejected.

Hey, I have 15 grand kids and spent way to much time at the kiddie pool baby sitting them with the wife,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.