ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

Abraham saw Christ's day, and was imputed righteous. Whether we find enough of that in Genesis is our problem; the NT declares that he did.

2P2P wants it to be otherwise to 'validate' other programs. 2P2P also wants the disciples NOT to know Christ was dying, instead of suppressing the knowledge of that. Because you can't suppress something, unless you know it is true.

2P2P wishes to treat the disciples as theolog-bots rather than people.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Stay confused. I it seems to suit you quite well.

There are many "good news'" in the Bible.

There certainly are.

Here are three of many in the OT which the Jews translated into the OT Greek LXX Septuagint using the exact same word that is used in the NT Greek which is translated 'gospel' in English:

2Sa 18:25 And the watchman cried out, and reported to the king. And the king said, If he be alone, there are good tidings in his mouth. And the man came and drew near.
2Sa 18:26 And the watchman saw another man running: and the watchman cried at the gate, and said, And look, another man running alone. And the king said, He also brings glad tidings.
2Sa 18:27 And the watchman said, I see the running of the first as the running of Achimaas the son of Sadoc. And the king said, He is a good man, and will come to report glad tidings.

The word in Greek is 'euaggelion' and is the same in the LXX and the NT with reference to various 'good newses'.

Mat_4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Gal_1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

The word 'euaggelion' was not pulled out of nowhere when the NT was written. It was a word used by people speaking Greek long before the NT was written, as evidenced by the LXX two-hundred years before Christ.

The good news/gospel/euaggelion spoken by Ahimaaz was certainly not the good news spoken by Christ concerning the Kingdom to Israel nor the good news spoken by Paul as revealed directly to him by Christ from heaven.

The good news spoken by Ahimaaz and Cushi was in relation to the killing of Absalom, David's son, by Joab.

There are many other examples.
One is not justified in taking the word 'euaggelion/gospel' and saying that the word in Scripture is always speaking of the same event wherever it's used.

Interplanner

There certainly are.

Here are three of many in the OT which the Jews translated into the OT Greek LXX Septuagint using the exact same word that is used in the NT Greek which is translated 'gospel' in English:

2Sa 18:25 And the watchman cried out, and reported to the king. And the king said, If he be alone, there are good tidings in his mouth. And the man came and drew near.
2Sa 18:26 And the watchman saw another man running: and the watchman cried at the gate, and said, And look, another man running alone. And the king said, He also brings glad tidings.
2Sa 18:27 And the watchman said, I see the running of the first as the running of Achimaas the son of Sadoc. And the king said, He is a good man, and will come to report glad tidings.

The word in Greek is 'euaggelion' and is the same in the LXX and the NT with reference to various 'good newses'.

Mat_4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Gal_1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

The word 'euaggelion' was not pulled out of nowhere when the NT was written. It was a word used by people speaking Greek long before the NT was written, as evidenced by the LXX two-hundred years before Christ.

The good news/gospel/euaggelion spoken by Ahimaaz was certainly not the good news spoken by Christ concerning the Kingdom to Israel nor the good news spoken by Paul as revealed directly to him by Christ from heaven.

The good news spoken by Ahimaaz and Cushi was in relation to the killing of Absalom, David's son, by Joab.

One is not justified in taking the word 'euaggelion/gospel' and saying that the word in Scripture is always speaking of the same event wherever it's used.

I'm saying the NT says it is back in the OT when the NT says it is--with Abraham or David, etc. Gal 3:8-9. (This is the same person who said there was only one Gospel or you are cursed). Every person's birth is a good announcement as far as other kinds of good news go.

The NT does not say that good news that is found recounted in Heb 4 was for the end of time; it was just about that situation.

In the destiny of Israel, they knew the Gospel was going to come at the end of time. That's what Christ did. It would lead to a mission to the nations. It did.

The apostles said that the one Gospel that came was the one Gospel that was coming.

john w

Hall of Fame
Like I really care what you think you spawn of pig !

I guess Luke didn't respect Jesus either idiot.

Act 28:23

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

That's your best return serve, you admitted devil child, asserting that your saint Judas, preached the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV? Quite weighty, you admitted satanist, Catholic drone.............

john w

Hall of Fame
I read enough of your UN-Godly dribble back in your cage swine.

Show us where the 12, including your saint Judas, ever preached, prior to the dbr,dung one, this good news: 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV

Not a peep, from the admitted satanist, Judas follower.

john w

Hall of Fame
lol, I can't ( iggy blocks the garbage ) and do not want to read your UN-Godly dribble !

Tell your deceptions and lies to someone else.

Show us where the 12, including your saint Judas, ever preached, prior to the dbr,dung one, this good news:

"The Master is going to die for your sins..and be raised again for your justification...Believe this good news, to be saved!!!!!"

Not a peep, from the Judas worshiper, who satanically asserts there is only one piece of good news in the bible, and admits she does not know what "gospel" means, and asserts "saint Judas," per Luke 9:6 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't force feed anyone you want to reject God's word that is on you.

If you are honest you would read the scriptures and learn. I cannot make you learn the truth you must get serious with God and seek Him and His truth.

One of the three I showed you was kept alive until he saw God's salvation. UN-like you I am sure he knew the scriptures and had an open heart to God.

Show us where the 12, including your saint Judas, ever preached, prior to the dbr,dung one, this good news:

"The Master is going to die for your sins..and be raised again for your justification...Believe this good news, to be saved!!!!!"

As silent as a turkey farm, on the 3rd Thursday of November.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Gospel means good news. So how many good newses do you believe there are concerning salvation ?

Silencio.

john w

Hall of Fame
There are also many false god's but there is only "ONE" Gospel. Repeating your lies does not change that truth.

=there is only one piece of good news in the bible, and Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV.

=made up, and satanic, as you again assert saint Judas, the evangelist.

Matthew 26 KJV
6 Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,

7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

8 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?

9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.

10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.

11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

12 For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.

13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

Show us, admitted satanist,what this gospel/good news is, referenced, and where is the DBR, in it?

this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

Are you telling of a "memorial," of "this woman?"

Why not?

I thought so-you deceiving fraud.

Danoh

There certainly are.

Great post - nice distinction within the Scriptural fact that there are some things within Scripture that do...differ from one another.

Including keeping the main issue...the issue.

:thumb:

Interplanner

Matthew's writing (later) that 'he will save his people from their sins' is further evidence that he/they knew that there was to be the death for sins, in that this parallels, the Lamb's taking away of sins. Meanwhile Jesus also fulfills all righteousness by his participation in John's baptism. It needed to be fulfilled on behalf of us/his people.

But the character of the disciples is totally tested by this as they drift away and try to 'bury' the idea of his death, creating Peter's outburst after his confession.

Interplanner

People who say 'this will not happen to you' (Peter in Mt 16: ) belie that they plan to prevent the thing from happening. They believe they have the wherewithal to do so. That is a completely different situation from not knowing of his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.