ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodge

You have nothing but insults and tapdancing around serious questions. You're a joke.

NOTICED you avoided this, which is what you generally do when you are WRONG and cannot deal with the truth.

Luk 1:77
To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

What was the knowledge of salvation ? Why that would be the D.B.R. and the "Gospel of Grace ".

78 Through the tender mercy of our God,
With which the 1Dayspring from on high 2has visited us;
7 To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death

Hmmm,knowledge of salvation=D.B.R. & the Gospel of Grace.

To give light= sacrifice and forgiveness through Jesus' D.B.R. & ascension.

Guess you would have to have the "light" to see, receive, and understand TRUTH, which no one has or gets unless God gives it to them.

Insulting ? Have you ever read any of your own dribble ?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Before Paul ever got saved Luke said the following in Acts 1.

Act 1:2
Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Acts 2 Peter said:

Act 2:39
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Why is the cross completely missing there?

dodge

Stay confused. I it seems to suit you quite well.

There are many "good news'" in the Bible.

There are also many false god's that people follow and worship, but there was, is and forever only be "ONE" Gospel that pertains to salvation, and His name is Jesus.

Staying in lies and deception seems to suit you, sadly.

dodge

Why is the cross completely missing there?

The cross isn't missing you just do not have the spiritual eyes to see it, sadly.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Neither is there salvation in any other= Jesus who was crucified ! Peter knew that or did you forget that ?

for there is none other name under heaven given among men=Jesus again !

hereby we must be saved.= Cannot be saved but by what name ? That would be JESUS again.

The cross is all over what Peter said YOU are sadly blind to seeing it.

Right Divider

Body part
There are also many false god's that people follow and worship, but there was, is and forever only be "ONE" Gospel that pertains to salvation, and His name is Jesus.

Staying in lies and deception seems to suit you, sadly.
Repeating your mantra does not make it true. There are MANY good news' in the Bible.

Right Divider

Body part
The cross isn't missing you just do not have the spiritual eyes to see it, sadly.

Neither is there salvation in any other= Jesus who was crucified ! Peter knew that or did you forget that ?

for there is none other name under heaven given among men=Jesus again !

hereby we must be saved.= Cannot be saved but by what name ? That would be JESUS again.

The cross is all over what Peter said YOU are sadly blind to seeing it.
Peter was not preaching the cross blind man.

musterion

STP make the bottom line point yesterday, very clearly: the Cross is what saves all, but knowing about/believing in the Cross as such was not always the means of salvation. Indeed, it was impossible before the fact and even for some time afterward, until the fully revealed secret given to Paul.

People like Dodge refuse to see that.

dodge

STP make the bottom line point yesterday, very clearly: the Cross is what saves all, but knowing about/believing in the Cross as such was not always the means of salvation. Indeed, it was impossible before the fact and even for some time afterward, until the fully revealed secret given to Paul.

People like dodge refuse to go along with your deceptions and lies.

NO one that was, is , or will ever be saved will be saved without the blood of Jesus being applied to them. So you fail again there is only one Gospel, and everything in scripture points to the cross, and since the ascension of Jesus everything points back to the cross as the only means of salvation.

Hello ! Paul was not sinless nor did he go to Calvary Jesus did ! Paul directed everyone he shared the truth with to Jesus NOT himself.

I glory in no man as scripture teaches I glory in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part

He is a religious zealot of the Romans 10:2 sort (much like the leader of Israel during Christ's time on earth), that prefers tradition over truth.

Right Divider

Body part
NO one that was, is , or will ever be saved will be saved without the blood of Jesus being applied to them.
Duh! When had we ever said otherwise.

So you fail again there is only one Gospel, and everything in scripture points to the cross, and since the ascension of Jesus everything points back to the cross as the only means of salvation.
You confuse every term in the Bible.

Hello ! Paul was not sinless nor did he go to Calvary Jesus did ! Paul directed everyone he shared the truth with to Jesus NOT himself.

I glory in no man as scripture teaches I glory in the Lord Jesus Christ.
:juggle:

dodge

Gospel of the Kingdom =/= Gospel of the grace of God.

There is only "ONE" Gospel you are deceived and are taking away from the sacrifice and cross of the Lord Jesus Christ, sadly.

You are creating ways to God when scripture teaches clearly that there are not ways but ONE WAY to God the Father as Jesus taught in John 14:6.

dodge

He is a religious zealot of the Romans 10:2 sort (much like the leader of Israel during Christ's time on earth), that prefers tradition over truth.

You perfectly described MAD ! Zeal with NO knowledge.

You might want to re-read John 14:6 and stop following cunningly devised fables.

musterion

NO one that was, is , or will ever be saved will be saved without the blood of Jesus being applied to them.

I don't think any of us disagree with that.

So you fail again there is only one Gospel, and everything in scripture points to the cross, and since the ascension of Jesus everything points back to the cross as the only means of salvation.

No. You're confusing yourself.

Gospel means "good news." Right? Right.

News is something that's heard and learned, and in this case, hopefully, believed.

Now pay close attention here if you want to understand us:

God has sent more than one "good news" to mankind over the course of Bible history.

The content of those good newses -- what He told people He wanted them to know and believe -- has varied.

Adam and Eve: the Serpent's head will be crushed.

Noah: build the ark and get inside.

Abraham: believe Me and I'll bless the world through you.

Israel: keep My commandments and live.

John: Repent and be baptized, He's coming.

Peter: Repent and be baptized, He's coming back.

Were all those good newses? Yes.

Were those all identical good newses? No, they weren't. The relayed content varied, sometimes widely.

Did they all ultimately key on the death, burial and resurrection of Christ? Yes, they did.

Did everyone at all times KNOW that their particular good news keyed on the DBR? No, they didn't. It wasn't possible. The full scope of the Cross wasn't revealed until Paul.

Agree or disagree, do you understand at least that much of what we believe?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
You perfectly described MAD ! Zeal with NO knowledge.

You might want to re-read John 14:6 and stop following cunningly devised fables.
dodge, I truly pity you for your zealous lying.

We believe that Christ dies for our sins and rose on the third day and yet you claim that we do not.

You lie constantly about what we believe and yet call yourself a Christian.

You are a Christian liar and that is truly a sad state.

dodge

I don't think any of us disagree with that.

No. You're confusing yourself.

Gospel means "good news." Right? Right.

News is something that's heard and learned, and in this case, hopefully, believed.

Now pay close attention here if you want to understand us:

God has sent more than one "good news" to mankind over the course of Bible history.

The content of those good newses -- what He told people He wanted them to know and believe -- has varied.

Noah: build the ark and get inside.

Abraham: believe Me and I'll bless the world through you.

Israel: keep My commandments and live.

John: Repent and be baptized, He's coming.

Peter: Repent and be baptize, He's coming back.

Were those all identical good newses? No, they weren't. The relayed content varied, sometimes widely.

Did they all ultimately key on the death, burial and resurrection of Christ? Yes, they did.

Did everyone at all times KNOW that their particular good news keyed on the DBR? No, they didn't. It wasn't possible. The full scope of the Cross wasn't revealed until Paul.

Agree or disagree, do you understand at least that much of what we believe?

I agree on some points and disagree on some described below:

You do not believe Jesus taught the full scope of the cross as in my blood is shed for the remission of sin etc ?

YOU keep going back to Paul as the first and only one to know and reveal what God had already revealed and had been believed and trusted by some so PAUL was not the first to understand and believe God's word of the D.B.R./Gospel of grace.

What was the knowledge of salvation ? Why that would be the D.B.R. and the "Gospel of Grace ".

7 Through the tender mercy of our God,

Hmmm,knowledge of salvation=D.B.R. & the Gospel of Grace.

To give light= sacrifice and forgiveness through Jesus' D.B.R. & ascension.

Can you not understand that some knew and believed the D.B.R. and Gospel of grace before Paul made that mystery known to many ?

I was told this morning that Paul was the first saved by the Gospel of grace based on his bad translation.

The scripture where Paul said he was the chief of sinners was changed to the "first" of sinners making him believe Paul was the first person saved under the Gospel of Grace, which is wrong.

musterion

I agree on some points and disagree on some described below:

You do not believe Jesus taught the full scope of the cross as in my blood is shed for the remission of sin etc ?

For the entire world, to be received by faith alone in His DBR, without and apart from Israel? As Paul later received from Christ? No. Why not? Because IN THE CONTEXT OF THE TIME AT WHICH HE SPOKE THOSE WORDS, God was still dealing with Israel as His covenant nation and Gentiles were not even considered unless and until they became proselytes. And even though Israel was still nationally apostate (and would remain so), the final setting aside was a good ways away yet.

YOU keep going back to Paul as the first and only one to know and reveal what God had already revealed and had been believed and trusted by some so PAUL was not the first to understand and believe God's word of the D.B.R./Gospel of grace.

You want to end this conversation right now with a win? Simple:

Paul taught that the DBR of Christ is for the salvation of Jew and Gentile alike, without distinction, by grace though faith apart from Israel and apart from works. That's what Paul called "MY gospel."

Show where that exact content was someone else's gospel FIRST, before Paul taught it.

See the red part? That's your problem. In the context of the passage, who would "His people" have to be?

7 Through the tender mercy of our God,

Israel.

Can you not understand that some knew and believed the D.B.R. and Gospel of grace before Paul made that mystery known to many ?

Prove it. Show where someone preached simple faith in the DBR as the means of salvation for Jew and Gentile alike. Don't SAY they did. SHOW they did.

I was told this morning that Paul was the first saved by the Gospel of grace based on his bad translation.

The scripture where Paul said he was the chief of sinners was changed to the "first" of sinners making him believe Paul was the first person saved under the Gospel of Grace, which is wrong.

Without looking at it, I do believe the Greek word does indeed mean "first."

Good responses...keep it up and we may get somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.