NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How would you include experience in a multivariate model to estimate its independent (ceterus paribus) explaining power, in determining between choosing to play Romo or Dak, and how do you not confound that variable with your own personal opinion, where Romo's years of experience is aliased with your preference for Romo?
I think of a talented painter in his first year of serious study abroad. Then I think of that same painter ten years later. If he isn't noticably better he should have stayed home. I don't prefer Romo. I like this young team and the talent on hand, but I've never rooted for the Cowboys in my lifetime or any particular player on the team.

But then I never rooted for the Niners and I still think Joe Montana is the best qb the league has seen when it mattered most.

I consider Tony's first season as the full time qb (if with less talent than Dak has to work with in support). Then I look at Dak. And I know that experience matters, especially in response to a) pressure and b) responses to defensive schemes.

They both started off great.

Tony: 69.9% comp., 3705 yds, 8.5 avg., 34 tds, 9 ints, 113.2 rating.
Dak: 67.8% comp., 3667 yds, 8.0 avg., 23 tds, 4 ints, 104.9 rating.

Now Dak has big shoes to fill. Romo never had a year of starts where his qb rating wasn't in the 90s. He's had and seen a lot more football than the talented Dak and I think that matters when you're facing the best of your conference. I expect that has something to do with why no rookie qb has advanced to and won a Super Bowl.

I believe you.
My relief is palpable. :think: What's palpable mean, anyway? ;)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sure wish Granite was still around.

With my Steelers playing his Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, it would have been a fun week.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I always hate when the Steelers have to play a team in the post-season who has a former Pitt star on their team.

The Patriots have Dion Lewis. Lewis ran for 1,799 yards as a freshman at Pitt.

The three toughest times were Super Bowl X when Dallas had Tony Dorsett, Super Bowl XLIII when Arizona had Larry Fitzgerald, and the 1984 AFC Championship Game when Miami had Dan Marino.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can all but guarantee that Jerry Jones didn't get any sleep last night. He probably tossed and turned all night, and wondered what would have happened if Romo had played QB.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In a Facebook video posted by Antonio Brown, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin can be heard calling the Patriots ***holes.

Jerry Shugart

You left out the Celtics of the 60's. IMO, that was the most domination ever in pro sports by any team.

The Italian juggler Enrico Rastelli dominated juggling with a juggle of ten balls for 70 years and that record was not tied or broken until I tied it in 1992.

john w

Hall of Fame
I think it's hilarious that you are now making up fake quotes from yourself. You used to limit your fake quotes to just others.

You are known for plagiarizing, copying 'n pasting, from your alleged "infallable"(learn how to spell,dope)teachers, Josephus, Russell, Hannegraaf................

And most of TOL thinks you are hilarious/a joke, spending most of your miserable life, on the sports threads, of TOL, thinking you are funny, but others laugh, at a person with a weak looking, girlie man "physique" weighing in on sports.

Start lifting weights, or something, Craigie the loser.

john w

Hall of Fame
Sure wish Granite was still around.

With my Steelers playing his Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, it would have been a fun week.

"my Steelers?"

You don't know them-they don't know you. Pitiful-the punk ties his identity, to his Pittsburgh sports teams. What a loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.