NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
How many times you reckon Tet can chin himself?

The only chin, Mayor, that he is familiar with, are the 2 he has, from lack of physical activity, as he isolates himself at his "home," plotting ways to get even with those bully dispies/MADists, who hurt his feelings, a spell back, on TOL.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking of 1976.

My Presidential Fitness Award patch looked a lot like the patches the Steelers and Cowboys wore on their uniforms in Super Bowl X, which took place January 18, 1976.

View attachment 25179

For those of you not familiar with Super Bowl X, the Steelers destroyed the Cowboys with amazing catches by Lynn Swann.

john w

Hall of Fame
Pull ups are much harder.

I didn't get my Presidential Physical Fitness Award, with accompanying letter from Gerald Ford, in 1976, by doing chin ups....we had to do pull ups.

Funny. You are a weasel, with little arms, and a double chin.

Work out, or something.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Remember the good ol days, when people talked about NFL football in the NFL thread?

:plain:

Good times.

Speaking of, the lines haven't moved. It's still Atlanta by 4 and New England by 6. I would have thought the Pats would get more points, but I guess people really liked what they saw out of the Steelers and no one is going to fund the movement.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Atlanta should beat Green Bay, if they don't do what Dallas did. If.

Atlanta, like Dallas, is a better team than Green Bay by a good amount. The Rodgers factor is only a factor if you let him on the field all day long. The Big Tuna figured it out and kept the Bills off the field. Fumbling Thurman Thomas helped, but the game plan was solid and simple.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Atlanta should beat Green Bay, if they don't do what Dallas did. If.
A lot more pressure on Atlanta, I think. They're dragging the chains of their reputation behind them. It's time to see how they'll handle this level. Rodgers will be playing with house money.

Atlanta, like Dallas, is a better team than Green Bay by a good amount. The Rodgers factor is only a factor if you let him on the field all day long. The Big Tuna figured it out and kept the Bills off the field. Fumbling Thurman Thomas helped, but the game plan was solid and simple.

I suspect both teams will be trying that, but Atlanta has the ground game to do it. Should be a winnable game for the Falcons, if it doesn't get in their heads. The Tuna called the tune, but I think Kelly is the culprit. He never did have a good game in the SB. Thurman would have been the MVP of that Bills/Giants game if Norwood had kicked the fg through the uprights. Or maybe it's on the light in the pants defense. The Giants had a two to one time of possession and only managed to get 15 more yards out of it...

Thurman didn't fumble that day and was just shy of 200 yds of total offense and his offense was only on the field for a little under twenty minutes.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NFL.com lists Kelly as 4, Thomas as 3, both in their 4 games. Atlanta's ground game is not as good as Dallas. Garrett (fire him) needs his head examined. Green Bay was stacking the box. So what. The play action pass works when the defense knows you will run it anyway.

That game was lost in the 2nd quarter. I know, a blind man saw that one. Anyway, that is my 2 cents on it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Remember the good ol days, when people talked about NFL football in the NFL thread?

I think we should talk about the Steelers.

The line hasn't moved because the Steelers are the chic bet this week.

However, I don't have a good feeling about the game. The reason everyone likes the Steelers is because of their offense. New England has a better defense than most realize, and the Steelers defense is very young. That's a bad combination for the Steelers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The very few teams that have had success against the Patriots did it by pressuring Brady with their ends.

The Steelers have a rookie and a 38 year old at defensive end.

Without pressure on Brady, Brady will tear the young Steelers secondary apart.

When Dick LeBeau was the defensive coordinator for the Steelers, he would only rush 3 or 4, and drop 7 or 8 against Brady.....that never turned out good for the Steelers.

I'm curious to see what the Steelers will do this weekend. Will they try and put pressure on Brady, or drop back. Tomlin is a "Tampa 2" guy, which IMO would be a disaster against Brady.

* The "Tampa 2" originated in Pittsburgh. Tony Dungy learned it when he was a CB for the Steelers. That's the defense the Steelers used with Lambert and Ham dropping back to cover passes.

Which is why Ham ended up with 32 interceptions (3rd most by a linebacker), and Lambert ended up with 28 interceptions (7th most).

Dropping LB's will NOT work against Brady. Even dropping a LB with tremendous speed like the Steeler's Ryan Shazier will NOT work against Brady.

Jerry Shugart

That game was lost in the 2nd quarter. I know, a blind man saw that one. Anyway, that is my 2 cents on it.

Dallas played a good game but it is impossible to beat a team whose Quarterback continues, time after time, to make absolutely fantastic throws to keep drives going. Rodgers did this time after time, all game long. I do not think that any team could have beaten the Packers on that day the way that Rodgers played.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NFL 2016

Speaking of Jack Lambert

It was 41 years ago today when he threw Cliff Harris to the ground in Super Bowl X

Do you remember that Jerry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The first time Brady really looked mortal to me was in SB XLII against NYG, and it was because of the effective pressure. And ever since then, he has never been good under similarly effective pressure. Yes, his release is quicker than it used to be, but there's not enough time for receivers to get open when the rush is chasing him all game long.

When Dallas's rush was getting some success, Rodgers sometimes actually received the snap and started from a position of facing the line of scrimmage instead of going right into a pocket passing stance (being RH, when his back faces the sideline to his left), to see the rush better. That's one of the things that he has that very few other qbs have, including Brady, is that ability to switch to a linebacker stance when needed, to make a better decision concerning the rush. He is amazing and playing very well, but that pick he threw right to the Dallas defender was a clear crack in the facade. Atlanta has a better chance than people may think.

Jerry Shugart

Speaking of Jack Lambert

It was 41 years ago today when he threw Cliff Harris to the ground in Super Bowl X

Do you remember that Jerry?

Lambert should have been ejected from the game for what he did to Harris. All the Steelers showed that day was their lack of class.

Of course you are as proud as punch of that classless team.

Status
Not open for further replies.