NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caledvwlch

The Cundiff thing at least makes sense.

If the balls were deflated to help Brady, then what the heck is Luck's excuse using the same balls?

That's what I wanted to know.

In other news, the Red Sox have been swapping out the lumber for aluminum and the baseballs for tennis balls.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Cundiff thing at least makes sense.

As for the alleged deflated footballs, if the balls were deflated to help Brady, then what the heck is Luck's excuse using the same balls?

Exactly. How does this give one team any kind of advantage?

They lost. They were out played, out coached, and well out of their depth. Period. A ball missing a pound wasn't the difference. Talent was.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was going to be a turd and argue that 2000 was the last year of last century not the first year of this one, but either way, that Super Bowl was played in the early part of 2001, so there goes my chance to be pedantic.

I miss those "is 2000 in the 20th century or 21st century?" debates.

But you're right, the 2000 season Super Bowl was played in January 2001.

Almost everyone will agree the Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in the 70's. However their last one was technically won in January 1980.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Moving past Green Bay's bad coaching and even worse play with 5 minutes to go....the ticket man dropped the email this morning. As expected, more than the college football playoff.

Starting at $2800 for the package. Each. Some seats in the lower section are $5500. Some are a cook 10k, but I would much rather have the seats in the stands. Not that I have two nickels to rub together for it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't understand his slide after the pick either. Low aptitude and unable to think under strain. This is what expansion has given us.

And I put Brady up there with Montana. You can't not do it. Marino and Manning are arguably the two best passers, but there is more to quarterback than passing.

Caledvwlch

I miss those "is 2000 in the 20th century or 21st century?" debates.

But you're right, the 2000 season Super Bowl was played in January 2001.

Almost everyone will agree the Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in the 70's. However their last one was technically won in January 1980.

Which was the last year of the 70's so we're good there.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
belichick

the greatest coach
He's arguably the best now, especially defensively though Ryan is right there with him on that particular. And give the quality of coaching out there, that's not bad. One of the greats, period.

he did it without an overpaid prima donna quarterback
A millionaire, GQ cover loving, super model marrying everyman to be sure. :rolleyes:

he did it with a team
a balanced team
a team that kept changing each year
They know how to put it together, but if you aren't going to pay for superstars you have plenty of money to put together solid. An NFL moneyball bid. Take a few bargains otherwise and rest on your coach/qb combination.

But hey, it works. Hard to argue against success.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
belichick

the greatest coach
he did it without an overpaid prima donna quarterback

You are exactly backwards. Brady and the Pats probably get it done without input from Belichick. The Pats do not win with say... Brian Hoyer under center. Or Ryan Mallet.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, Andrew Luck continues to illustrate my point about quarterbacks in the playoffs.

Reg: 76.5
Plyoff: 59.8

Reg: 87.0
Plyoff: 76.4

Reg: 96.5
Plyoff: 71.8

Unless you believe in curses you're seeing what happens when a talented qb is stuck on a less talented team hat runs into the stiffer competition.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Terrible. I was really hoping for a rematch.

They got scared, and it showed. No guts, no glory.
Games like that make me wonder....

Which is worse?

Getting blown out from start to finish.
Or...
Losing late via terrible mistakes, and knowing you should have won.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Which is worse?

Or...

Mistakes, no doubt. If you're beaten fair and square that's one thing. Killing your own chances? You never get over that.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So, Andrew Luck continues to illustrate my point about quarterbacks in the playoffs.

Reg: 76.5
Plyoff: 59.8

Reg: 87.0
Plyoff: 76.4

Reg: 96.5
Plyoff: 71.8

Unless you believe in curses you're seeing what happens when a talented qb is stuck on a less talented team hat runs into the stiffer competition.
Was is meshak's hat; maybe that has something to do with it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Was is meshak's hat; maybe that has something to do with it?
:think: Couldn't hurt.

I wonder if Irsay is going to hold a press conference to express the rightness of his decision again this week. :plain: He needs to hold one to publicly recognize that he's hamstrung one all time great and is in the process of doing it again. Front offices, they don't win much, but they lose like crazy. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just to underscore: I hope this Super Bowl is a great game. My first, cursory look at the metrics has it a pick'em with the Pats a single digit favorite.

Likely the ring finger. :plain: :eek:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Which is worse?

Or...

The latter. The Colts laid it all out on the field. The Packers laid down on the field. Shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.