NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's get started. Small talk first, training camp is just around the corner. Will Seahawk fans shut up about losing to the Steelers now?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Let's get started. Small talk first, training camp is just around the corner. Will Seahawk fans shut up about losing to the Steelers now?

Hopefully.

The 2-game suspension of Rice is pretty terrible. :down:

I wonder how Hoyer starting over Manzeil will go. :think:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder how Hoyer starting over Manzeil will go. :think:

They were both on the NFL network and Manzeil was very.....grown up of him. In his own way of course. The competition is tight.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Johnny Manzeil can not even wear the right color cleats. Maybe he is unaware of what the NFL thinks of individual style of uniforms. When they fine him, he will be made fully aware.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Rice's "punishment" is pathetic and an embarrassment.

Bold prediction: The Broncos won't make it to the AFC championship, but the Patriots will.

If the Lions don't make strides this season, they never will.

Johnny Football is a bust waiting to happen.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Rice's "punishment" is pathetic and an embarrassment.
Staggering lack of discernment on the commissioner's part.

Bold prediction: The Broncos won't make it to the AFC championship, but the Patriots will.
Bolder prediction: the Broncos win it all with an improved line and appreciably improved defense. Manning exits a-la Elway. :)

If the Lions don't make strides this season, they never will.
:think:

Johnny Football is a bust waiting to happen.
Cleveland continues to make the case as to why they're Cleveland with the worst kneecapping of their own I've seen in a while...they draft him, he's as advertised and the owner goes out of his way to slap at the kid for being no surprise, the team piles on praise for a journeyman quarterback who had two good games after years of nothing special in the league...Browns, Browns, Browns... :nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...I wonder how Hoyer starting over Manzeil will go. :think:
Shouldn't be an issue. You have a guy who is familiar with the players and playbook and is well respected within the organization, but again, there's a reason they drafted Johnny and it self apparently isn't because they loved his sparkling personality. :)

Johnny has a lot to learn, but I expect he'll be off the bench early enough.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Staggering lack of discernment on the commissioner's part.

Disappointing. Disgusting. And so forth.

Bolder prediction: the Broncos win it all with an improved line and appreciably improved defense. Manning exits a-la Elway. :)

Believe it or not, I'd like to see this if my Pats aren't in the big game.

Cleveland continues to make the case as to why they're Cleveland with the worst kneecapping of their own I've seen in a while...they draft him, he's as advertised and the owner goes out of his way to slap at the kid for being no surprise, the team piles on praise for a journeyman quarterback who had two good games after years of nothing special in the league...Browns, Browns, Browns... :nono:

How in the world can they try to act surprised at the way this kid is acting? They knew exactly who and what they were getting when they drafted him. Knuckleheads.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Yeah, I remember how Elway got pummeled in a SB and then won the next year and then retired. That was great.

Wait a sec....:liberals:

:D

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Shouldn't be an issue. You have a guy who is familiar with the players and playbook and is well respected within the organization, but again, there's a reason they drafted Johnny and it self apparently isn't because they loved his sparkling personality. :)

Johnny has a lot to learn, but I expect he'll be off the bench early enough.

Yes, Hoyer appears to have some support within the team, but I don't know how well Manziel will act and they might also run into fan-base issues. How long will it take before the fans start chanting "JOHNNY"?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeah, I remember how Elway got pummeled in a SB and then won the next year and then retired. That was great.
I recall him being pummeled in more than a few, finding the right team balance then winning two, back to back. :p :)

Peyton got the skill positions on offense working well last year but the line was a problem and that killed them in the big game. You need more than a second to complete a pass. If you can't give your qb that no skill position set is going to matter. This year the line play will be appreciably improved, the running game should keep coming along and the defense, barring injury, will be appreciably better both at pressuring opposing offenses and line play. It's a recipe for success.

Yes, Hoyer appears to have some support within the team, but I don't know how well Manziel will act and they might also run into fan-base issues. How long will it take before the fans start chanting "JOHNNY"?
A bad series or two, likely. Absolutely a loss or two. Again, Hoyer, hale fellow that he doubtless is, has been a journeyman qb. He had a couple of good games last year and put up a decent qbr. The year before, in Arizona, he looked appreciably worse.

Granite

Hall of Fame
From all accounts he's having a much better camp than Manziel, which isn't too surprising. Yes, Hoyer will eventually be benched, but he's going to put up a bigger fight than most folks are counting on.

shagster01

How long will Lynch hold out?

My bold prediction: Broncos will have a worse record than last year (11-5) but be a better team.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I recall him being pummeled in more than a few, finding the right team balance then winning two, back to back.

Slight difference. Terrell Davis was on the roster and was a punishing runner. Denver's upgrades are legitimate but they are not as good of a roster that won two in a row.

My bold prediction: Broncos will have a worse record than last year (11-5) but be a better team.

It is hard for me not to favor the team with the most wins the last two seasons, knowing they improved their roster.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think a slight slip in Denver is inevitable. It's hard to climb the mountain two years in a row.

They'll be bounced in the divisional round.

Status
Not open for further replies.