NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, his team is in the Super Bowl despite him, really.

Wilson came up big when he had to.

His QB rating was below 10 with three minutes left in the game.

But, then he led his team to three touchdowns.

Peyton Manning could never do such a thing in a big game.

The word "clutch" and the words "Peyton Manning" are mutually exclusive in the post-season.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wilson came up big when he had to
No, his special teams did. And then, at last, he did his job.

His QB rating was below 10 with three minutes left in the game.

But, then he led his team to three touchdowns.
What's his qb rating for the game? He certainly did his part late, but late was in large part undoing what he did to his team through most of the game and without a td on a gimmick play by special teams and the horrific special teams play on that and the onside and even the two point conversion by the Packers (to say nothing of a couple of gutless calls by their coach) his late help wouldn't have mattered.

Peyton Manning could never do such a thing in a big game.
Simply not true. He did any number of times. You're just willfully blind. I'm weary of hearing you on the point, avoiding the objective numbers and crying out what seems to me an irrational near malice on the point.

Peculiar.

The word "clutch" and the words "Peyton Manning" are mutually exclusive in the post-season.
Only to the willfully ignorant, though the argument isn't over whether Peyton was "clutch" but whether the idiots who routinely advance the "greatest regular season/choke post season" should have their NFL cards revoked. And they should, by anyone who actually looks at how he's played compared to, say, the golden boy of eastern media. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Right. That's not getting it done. That's a team winning in spite of your position play. If they end up winning the SB he can be grateful to his team the way most QBs have to be at some point in a run. Brady had his, Peyton had his, Wilson just had one of his.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So far, after watching the first quarter of the AFC Championship Game, I kinda wish the Broncos would have won.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What a disappointing game. Poorly played by Wilson and Seattle, and then poorly finished and very poor play calling with 5 minutes left by Green Bay.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And didn't have a rating of 0.0 at the half while at home.
Ah, I knew I was forgetting something. Conversely, the hobbled Rodgers was on the road, where he shines least and while he was more mobile than last week you could see it affecting his touch, not being able to go through his motion or throw on the run with anything like his normal accuracy and power.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
31-7 and the pick and here comes 7 more. Today was not a good day of football. Alabama-OSU was our last good game until this fall. I think NE handles Seattle in non-dramatic fashion. Not a blow out, just no drama.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I stopped watching at half time. Had it GB 22, Sea 28, so the margin was right. Had New England a 27 to 17 winner, entering the SB a six point dog to the Seahawks, but it looks like the Pats are going to seriously enhance their chances with tonight's margin of victory (turned it on again...man).

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So it will be NE vs Seattle. Should be a good game. After today's games it would be easy to say NE will win but I think I will give Seattle a small edge.

Man....that Green Bay collapse is so very very disappointing. :mmph:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So it will be NE vs Seattle. Should be a good game. After today's games it would be easy to say NE will win but I think I will give Seattle a small edge.
My opening examination has it a one point Pats edge, which is essentially a push. I'm going to tear it up for a bit. These games made my head ache. Indy wasn't ready for that one. I didn't expect them to contend for another year or two at the earliest and if Peyton had been healthy they'd have been spared the embarrassment and we'd have had a really good game for the AFC Championship.

Man....that Green Bay collapse is so very very disappointing. :mmph:
Numbing...and I'm not even a Packer fan. But I blame the coach more than I do any of the players. Taking the safe route on those close goal line fgs came back to haunt them. The rest is just the sort of absurd and unique mistakes you sometimes see, a la the Saints run a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.