NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:DK:well, another Super Bowl is set. great match-up. Tom Brady has stood the test of time. maybe the greatest play-off QB of all time. arguable for sure, but man. the numbers are unreal - :jawdrop:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
belichick

the greatest coach
he did it without an overpaid prima donna quarterback
he did it with a team
a balanced team
a team that kept changing each year

hard to imagine anyone surpassing him in playoff wins
and
many may have thought that about landry
but
today we see so many overpaid quarterbacks
so
they don't understand
that is not the way to build a team

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Headline on FoxNews.com this morning:

Brady660371.jpg

DEFLATED WIN?
NFL probing if Pats purposely let air out of game balls

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Teams that have been to the Super Bowl at least three times this century (last 15 years)

Patriots
Seahawks
Steelers
Giants

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so what is it like to be a packer fan this morning?

what happened?
how did it happen?
what can we do about it now?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
so what is it like to be a packer fan this morning?

what happened?
how did it happen?
what can we do about it now?

Learn how to catch a ball (onside kick)
Learn how to knock a ball down (2 pt conversion)

Also, the NFL still has some of the dumbest OT rules. They need to get rid of the sudden death TD. FGs allow the game to continue but a TD ends it. :freak:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the other bone-headed things Green Bay did that few are talking about is the interception by Morgan Burnett.

Burnett made the interception at midfield with the Packers up 19-7 and just over 5 minutes on the clock.

Instead of running with the ball towards the end zone after he intercepted it, Burnett purposely went right down on the ground.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
One of the other bone-headed things Green Bay did that few are talking about is the interception by Morgan Burnett.

Burnett made the interception at midfield with the Packers up 19-7 and just over 5 minutes on the clock.

Instead of running with the ball towards the end zone after he intercepted it, Burnett purposely went right down on the ground.

Yes, that was stupid too. I missed that live but heard them talk about it after the game. You do that if it's 2 minutes left, not when it's 5! :doh:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Incredibly lame.

Reminds me of that 2011 AFC Championship Game when Cundiff missed the field goal.

The Patriots were accused of tampering with the clock, and thus allegedly forcing Cundiff to run onto the field, which allegedly messed up his timing, which allegedly caused him to miss the field goal.

Now it's deflated footballs.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Reminds me of that 2011 AFC Championship Game when Cundiff missed the field goal.

The Patriots were accused of tampering with the clock, and thus allegedly forcing Cundiff to run onto the field, which allegedly messed up his timing, which allegedly caused him to miss the field goal.

Now it's deflated footballs.

Pathetic, basically. I guess the Pats just can't beat the crap out of anyone anymore without being second guessed.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pathetic, basically. I guess the Pats just can't beat the crap out of anyone anymore without being second guessed.

The Cundiff thing at least makes sense.

As for the alleged deflated footballs, if the balls were deflated to help Brady, then what the heck is Luck's excuse using the same balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.