be lethal. But, in the hands of a "good guy" trying to do a public
service, they can be constructive.

You seem to concentrate your efforts into attacking some fine
A+ posters on TOL. You ought to work on your coping skills
and find other ways to be a "get along" type of guy? You've
become, quite the pariah on TOL.

glorydaz

PJ keeps the ladies up all night. With my crybaby whining and tantrums

you would pray for petty things, I hope your kidding and really don't pray for stuff like that

I see, you scheme and plan your dastardly deeds !!

Ah, I have to laugh when I see how just one post of mine can make pj go off like a little machine gun. Three responses so far to the same post. Not a record for him , but it ain't over yet, I'm sure. :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
My advice for those who are fundamentalist and who wish to stay that way:

1. Be responsible and admit to your feelings of alarm or defensiveness.
2. Plug both ears carefully with your index fingers.
3. Then shout "La, La, La, La La!" over and over again.

That way you won't have to be so fixated in keeping an "enemies list" of who to "neg rep" or try to have banned.

Professor Aikido7 has given another brilliant lecture on human behavior.

brinny

LOL!

considers playing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" and givin' a big ol' squisssssshy huuuuuug

grouphug.gif

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the lecture. However, I think I'll still continue to post
like GM and leave it at that. You're more than welcome to place
me on ignore though?
The idea that I am lecturing you or talking down is coming from you, not me. To me you are projecting, as is your wont.

I don't believe in ignoring posters.

Everyone is allowed to enlarge the pool of meaning.

Diversity promotes health.

It is not something to fear.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Professor Aikido7 has given another brilliant lecture on human behavior.
It is not a lecture.

It was meant to be a pointed metaphor on your inability or unwillingness to meet with me on issues, not mockery, sarcasm and condemnation.

I ask you to be an adult and comment respectfully. When you don't I will call you on it. It does me good to stand with integrity and purpose.

I have healthy boundaries--in my journey with Jesus especially.

glorydaz

Lecture series 478 in Chandler Hall. Featuring Professor Aikido

You would feel better if you would lighten up.

But just be careful whenever you try to read the mind of another, or guess at their underlying intentions. You should always ask directly when you want to learn what someone else was thinking.

Anyone who curses, condemns and mocks their brother and just flings out "negative reps" is obviously disturbed about something.

People in today's global, interconnected world feel like they need to protect themselves, and sometimes this is done by withdrawal from life itself.

If you don't like someone's posts, be direct and say so in a respectful manner. Like an adult.

I was correcting your posts so they would make more sense to any native speaker of English.

Remember, try to express your criticisms in specific language, and try to do it respectfully.

Your labeling, judgment, and generalized remarks need to be expressed by using exact language. And you should try to be accountable for your own emotions--not blame the other person.

Examples:

Instead of saying "You're a liar" we should say that "I am having trouble believing you because __________."

Instead of flinging out our opinions and judgments, we need to simply ask direct questions of a poster we disagree with.

My advice for those who are fundamentalist and who wish to stay that way:

1. Be responsible and admit to your feelings of alarm or defensiveness.
2. Plug both ears carefully with your index fingers.
3. Then shout "La, La, La, La La!" over and over again.

That way you won't have to be so fixated in keeping an "enemies list" of who to "neg rep" or try to have banned.

The idea that I am lecturing you or talking down is coming from you, not me. To me you are projecting, as is your wont.

glorydaz

And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. --Jesus, as recorded by Matthew in 5:22

I'd like to bring us back to THEOLOGYonline.com

I'm not surprised you quote the law since you are still under the schoolmaster. But you can't even do that with understanding.

Are you going to lecture our Lord now?

Matt. 23:17-19
Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Lecture series 478 in Chandler Hall. Featuring Professor Aikido

Just one more reason for the fact that many conservatives and fundamentalists love to play the victim when confronted by anyone they judge to be an elitist "city slicker" talking down to the American farmer. It is a curious way to avoid being specific.

You would help me in my communication skills to translate my posted thoughts and beliefs in a language that you would not feel victimized by. I strive for better communication and I crave criticism about my own communication skills.

So have back at me and teach me!

How would YOU post those same thoughts of mine in ways that would not be seen so defensively and would say what I want but in different language?

I am not a victim, just a willing student who waits for lessons every day.

glorydaz

It is not a lecture.

It was meant to be a pointed metaphor on your inability or unwillingness to meet with me on issues, not mockery, sarcasm and condemnation.

I ask you to be an adult and comment respectfully. When you don't I will call you on it. It does me good to stand with integrity and purpose.

I have healthy boundaries--in my journey with Jesus especially.

Then be an adult and explain why you hinted, by quoting a verse you don't understand, that I was in danger of hellfire for calling you a fool. You'd rather rag on GM instead of answer for your own errors. Admit it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I'm not surprised you quote the law since you are still under the schoolmaster. But you can't even do that with understanding.

Are you going to lecture our Lord now?

Matt. 23:17-19
Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
As I said, why do believers like you resort to playing the helpless victim?

If you thought about it, you might recognize that you are an elite impersonating the oppressed.

I cannot "teach" anyone! In my prison ministry, I can only listen to their own testimonies and problems and I contribute what I contribute. Men in captivity do not assume I am talking down to them. Otherwise they would probably rush me in anger!

I am passing along information. I am not trying to convince anyone.
You need to make your own best choice for how to deal with my thinking and beliefs.

glorydaz

Just one more reason for the fact that many conservatives and fundamentalists love to play the victim when confronted by anyone they judge to be an elitist "city slicker" talking down to the American farmer.

You would help me in my communication skills to translate my posted thoughts and beliefs in a language that you would not feel victimized by. I strive for better communication and I crave criticism about my own communication skills.

So have back at me and teach me!

How would YOU post those same thoughts of mine in ways that would not be seen so defensively and would say what I want but in different language?

I am not a victim, just a willing student who waits for lessons every day.

A willing student correcting his elders. Yes, I know. Instead of heeding what GM said, and trying to understand it, you became defensive and began to be offended by his "tone".

Now you're "playing the victim" and can't even see you are lecturing yourself.

Oh, horror of horrors he hurt your little feelings. You claim to be a willing student.....you aren't. Nor do you want to be.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Then be an adult and explain why you hinted, by quoting a verse you don't understand, that I was in danger of hellfire for calling you a fool. You'd rather rag on GM instead of answer for your own errors. Admit it.

I have plenty of errors I commit every single day.

As for my quotation, Jesus either said it or he didn't.
You can't have it both ways. At least not with me.

I take Jesus's life and teachings seriously.

glorydaz

As I said, why do believers like you resort to playing the helpless victim?

If you thought about it, you might recognize that you are an elite impersonating the oppressed.

I cannot "teach" anyone! In my prison ministry, I can only listen to their own testimonies and problems and I contribute what I contribute. Men in captivity do not assume I am talking down to them. Otherwise they would probably rush me in anger!

I am passing along information. I am not trying to convince anyone.
You need to make your own best choice for how to deal with my thinking and beliefs.

Lord have mercy. You have got to be very young, or very naïve, or simply sheltered. You're in the right thread, I'll give you that much. :baby:

Status
Not open for further replies.