My Ignored List

Lon

So...are you saying I'm not a Christian? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here.
What is salvific is faith in Yeshua and faith in/obedience to God Who Fathered Him. That's it. Everything else is moot.

No, I'm not saying that at all. I don't think others are saying that either. John W gets too excited with his 'satan' thing. This is about who you are fellowshipping with. There may be Mormons and JW's who God will save despite their cult's doctrines. They hear the Gospel along the line somewhere and are just confused. Some stay to witness to their relatives, in these though they know the church they are going to is wrong.

All I said was embrace a doctrinal statement that lets others tell you if they are Christians or not. If they cannot sign a doctrinal statement of what you and your church says one must believe to be saved, then you know who is who by their admissions to you. That's about all I said. I think you know the gospel message and know what someone must believe to be a Christian. I'd simply say stick to your doctrinal guns, not in a hateful way, just so you know which of your friends and acquaintances need Christ that you might witness to them. JWs need the gospel. Mormons need the gospel. Hindus and Muslims need the gospel.
In Him,

Lon

genuineoriginal

Yes, but you're missing the middle part of the sentence "but to love one another". That we owe not just Truster but everyone. The man has asked to be fed. He can judge til he's blue in the face. It doesn't change what God has done for us nor does his judgement count because only God and Yeshua judge man. Your testimony is worth more than gold or silver, Angel. God has brought you through so much. Why hide that under a bushel?

Truster is not asking for our testimony of Jesus Christ, he is asking for our testimony of ourselves.

genuineoriginal

If someone cannot sign a basic doctrinal statement of essential beliefs one must hold to be a Christian, then they aren't.
The problem is with your assumption that the basic doctrinal statement is a true and accurate list of the essential beliefs one must hold to be a Christian instead of a list of the doctrines one must hold to be a member of a particular sect of Christianity.

Truster

Truster claims his conversion is real because it was sudden and complete, a new creation and not an evolution. He is still the same rotten scoundrel he was before his supposed conversion. He may not be plotting his sins every morning like before.....he is just channeling his evil heart into new directions where he gets to destroy the faith of babes in Christ and tear away any hope they ever had of salvation. His words drip evil off every page. Putting scripture behind it makes it even more horrendous.

It's not just your threads that are boring.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Interesting you should say that. I remember well the moment I was saved, but I never thought to record the exact time and date. The problem with someone sharing their testimony with "Truster" is they open the door for an attack on the Gospel by which they were begotten. He preaches a dead man (not even hearing the Word) is yanked up by his collar and made alive. Those of us who heard the Gospel and were persuaded to believe, as Paul preached, are simply delusional in his eyes. So, what's the point of sharing anything with him? I've given my testimony on this board in the past, and if he's truly desperate to hear it, he can search it out. It might keep him busy...which would give us all a bit of a break. ;)

Excellent post! The last line is funny too!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
By testimony I don't mean when ''you gave your heart to Jesus'' or ''when you committed yourself to Jesus'' or anything else you might have done. I mean a testimony of conversion that was sudden and immediate. After all its a new creation and not evolution.
There is only one person on here that has admitted that he probably hasn't experienced the act of salvation. Words cannot express how much I admire his honesty. Withholding truth, if it is truth, is as much a lie as telling a lie. And we all know that liars will not enter into glory.

It's kind of odd that, the ONLY one around here, who Truster admires
is, someone who hasn't experienced, the act of salvation? Curious?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Truster claims his conversion is real because it was sudden and complete, a new creation and not an evolution. He is still the same rotten scoundrel he was before his supposed conversion. He may not be plotting his sins every morning like before.....he is just channeling his evil heart into new directions where he gets to destroy the faith of babes in Christ and tear away any hope they ever had of salvation. His words drip evil off every page. Putting scripture behind it makes it even more horrendous.

It's not just your threads that are boring.

yes, I just negged you and said your comment was just nasty for the sake of being nasty.

genuineoriginal

Was blind but now I see.

Revelation 3:17-18
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.​

journey

There is a method of proving identity and that is get the DOB. There is a method of identifying heirs of grace. Get the details of the New Birth. No details, no birth. In the latter obviously.

Who trusts you with that information and to make the right determination with it? Do you use a crystal ball or just guess?

glorydaz

She isn't! She has a very logical and incisive mind. She sees the flaws that others seek to hide.
To love doesn't mean to accept the unacceptable.

It's hardly love to see someone speeding down a road that has been washed out, and not try to stop them. If you have to yell to get their attention, then so be it. ;)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There is a method of proving identity and that is get the DOB. There is a method of identifying heirs of grace. Get the details of the New Birth. No details, no birth. In the latter obviously.

Thieves like to steal identities like DOB, and wolves like to trample believers identities because the enemy seeks devour and destroy.

We are not to give what is precious to wolves.

journey

People shout and insult and call me all manner of things. If you want to shut me up give a testimony of salvation. Once I have that I will be either in a very,very embarrassing situation where I have to grovel and glorify. Grovel to the person I have called a reprobate and glorify Yah Veh for the blessing of salvation. Or I will be vindicated in my judgement.

The ball is in your court!

Who cares about your judgment? My relationship is with God - not you, and I really don't care to be in your good graces. You treat brothers and sisters in Christ like dirt and wonder why folks insult you. Your treatment of others would be improper even if they weren't brothers and sisters in Christ. Maybe we should be a little bit more patient with you, but you sure do make that difficult. You setting yourself up to be a judge of others' Salvation is a great example.

Galatians 6:9-10 KJV And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Romans 8:1-2 KJV There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Who cares about your judgment? My relationship is with God - not you, and I really don't care to be in your good graces. You treat brothers and sisters in Christ like dirt and wonder why folks insult you. Your treatment of others would be improper even if they weren't brothers and sisters in Christ. Maybe we should be a little bit more patient with you, but you sure do make that difficult. You setting yourself up to be a judge of others' Salvation is a great example.

Galatians 6:9-10 KJV And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Romans 8:1-2 KJV There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to journey again

Truster

Who trusts you with that information and to make the right determination with it? Do you use a crystal ball or just guess?

The scripture tells all that profess a hope that they should be prepared to give a reason for that hope. Hope is something we receive with trust at the point of salvation. I'm asking for a reason that is according to the scripture and will judge the veracity of the reason/testimony by the scriptures.

If someone asks me for a reason I place myself under the same scrutiny and judgement. I go no further than the scriptures require. It's a telling sign when people will not give an account.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The scripture tells all that profess a hope that they should be prepared to give a reason for that hope. Hope is something we receive with trust at the point of salvation. I'm asking for a reason that is according to the scripture and will judge the veracity of the reason/testimony by the scriptures.

If someone asks me for a reason I place myself under the same scrutiny and judgement. I go no further than the scriptures require. It's a telling sign when people will not give an account.

You just proved that you do not know how to properly exegete scripture. The verse you ripped from context is about giving non believers apology (explanation as in apologetics) for whats different in us (Christ) and why we believe. Its not about proving to those who claim to be believers that we are, so they can judge us.

Truster

The judgement I must make whether or not to call you brother or not is mine to make. I require a statement of what you profess to have happened before I call you brother. The fact you refuse means you are not a brother…period.