My Ignored List

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I did not make a mistake tonight, altering my ignore list to read what's going on. Painful to see, and I'm a man. Painful, because J & R are my friends and they honor God. You A4T, have not. You have proven why you are on a ignore list.

Youve shown what you are, keep me there.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I hardly know Truster, and my husband's name is Jim.

I don't worship either of them . . .

I worship only the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Such is silly and hysterical posting, on your part, IMO.

Knock it off . . .

It is a waste of time to have to respond to such nonsensical and ignorant accusations.

Hysterical is a false charge, to ask you a legitimate question, i wasnt here when your husband was, i don't know him, and i do know banned people go back to message boards all the time under other names, that and the blind allegiance and adoration you are showing to a man with questionable theology - made me wonder if that wasnt the husband of yours ive never had conversation one with.

If anyone is guilty of hysterics, its you and studentx, who are alienating other members of the body of Christ and denying the grace of God to anyone outside of your hyper elect group.

Sad. You even bragged that your own friends arent good enough to worship with because they are not calvanists, when your own doctrine teaches that you dont even know if YOU are elect.

Shameful woman.

glorydaz

What do you define a "hard" Calvinist to be?

I am of the a Reformed faith. Others label me as a Calvinist and sometimes insult me by calling me a Hyper-Calvinist.

I consider such name-calling on their behalf to be their problem, but I can honestly confess before all on TOL and before my Savior that I am greatly assured of my election and that your statement above is simply untrue.

What about "name-calling" on your part? I am "greatly assured" of my salvation because I am in the ELECT ONE. Yet, you would call me that "Arminian" name because I believe men have free will, and aren't regenerated until they believe. So, to constantly be scolding others for "name-calling" is pretty hypocritical, wouldn't you think?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What about "name-calling" on your part? I am "greatly assured" of my salvation because I am in the ELECT ONE. Yet, you would call me that "Arminian" name because I believe men have free will, and aren't regenerated until they believe. So, to constantly be scolding others for "name-calling" is pretty hypocritical, wouldn't you think?

While telling others not to scold her at that.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Well said, Lon. Your irenic stance is always appreciated and one we would all do well to emulate.

"False gospel" is a serious charge and one I would not toss about without careful consideration. That there are serious differences between Arminians and Calvinists is indisputable. But when someone says "false gospel" they are now claiming the followers of such are accursed. This is much like the rhetoric of those outsidethecamp folks and a few individuals that we occasionally run into here and about (names withheld to protect the guilty). Theirs is a minority position and quite a divisive one at that.

You have weathered the storm admirably, Lon. I doubt I could have done the same. My hat is off to you, brother.

AMR

Yes it is a good call, but fellowship between the two camps IS problematic for they are two different mindsets, I can certainly worship with freewillers because in prayer and worship nobody prays "thank You Father that I have been faithful and therefore am saved"

But for evangelism it is IMpossible to work with freewillers...though I might support certain ministries and missions...

The two camps will always be in dispute.

I love that when General Booth asked Spurgeon for the use of his Metropolitan Tabernacle Spurgeon had to refuse for the Tabby was consecrated to the gospel of grace. But though he refused [after trying to convert ol' Booth unsuccessfully] Spurgeon wrote out a cheque for a sum more than enough for Booth to hire a large enough venue.

We just have to except that there are..and always have been two camps.

bybee

Yes it is a good call, but fellowship between the two camps IS problematic for they are two different mindsets, I can certainly worship with freewillers because in prayer and worship nobody prays "thank You Father that I have been faithful and therefore am saved"

But for evangelism it is IMpossible to work with freewillers...though I might support certain ministries and missions...

The two camps will always be in dispute.

I love that when General Booth asked Spurgeon for the use of his Metropolitan Tabernacle Spurgeon had to refuse for the Tabby was consecrated to the gospel of grace. But though he refused [after trying to convert ol' Booth unsuccessfully] Spurgeon wrote out a cheque for a sum more than enough for Booth to hire a large enough venue.

We just have to except that there are..and always have been two camps.

At its' most basic, there is one Lord Jesus, one Bible.
I believe in the Trinity. It is a mystery, yet, I have glimmers of understanding.
I believe that living"The Two Great Commandments" is foundational to my faith walk.
I believe that "The Great Commission" has been issued to every Christian as a bulwark of practice.
I believe that we are works in progress else how could we learn and grow?
St. Paul alludes to childish thinking which evolves into mature thinking.
At 76 years I am still evolving.

Truster

I would not and could not call a person either brother or sister that were not walking in the Way. Messiah said, ‘’my mother and my brothers and sisters are those that do the will of my Father’’. Those were His words and those are my words and I've heard the same from a number of people on here.

Once the truth comes in power to a person they must act on the truth received, because until they do they shall know no perfect rest, because the Holy Spirit shall be witnessing to the truth perceived and will if necessary disturb the spirit of man. Fear of man is a snare to people and will often try to be nice and fit in with others. I have tried this and it doesn't work. Oil does not and never will mix with water. Some of us who have come to the knowledge of this just ignore the religious atheists wherever we find them, but the atheists can never ignore us. They even confuse themselves by their behavior, ''they know not what they do''.

The more you persist in accusing and berating Nang the more blessed Nang becomes. There is a law that governs this that is more secure and relied upon than the law of gravity.

When I use the word blessed in this context I know exactly what the word means. Beautified or beautiful in the sight of Him who provides and desires the true beauty of the inner man.

bybee

I would not and could not call a person either brother or sister that were not walking in the Way. Messiah said, ‘’my mother and my brothers and sisters are those that do the will of my Father’’. Those were His words and those are my words and I've heard the same from a number of people on here.

Once the truth comes in power to a person they must act on the truth received, because until they do they shall know no perfect rest, because the Holy Spirit shall be witnessing to the truth perceived and will if necessary disturb the spirit of man. Fear of man is a snare to people and will often try to be nice and fit in with others. I have tried this and it doesn't work. Oil does not and never will mix with water. Some of us who have come to the knowledge of this just ignore the religious atheists wherever we find them, but the atheists can never ignore us. They even confuse themselves by their behavior, ''they know not what they do''.

The more you persist in accusing and berating Nang the more blessed Nang becomes. There is a law that governs this that is more secure and relied upon than the law of gravity.

When I use the word blessed in this context I know exactly what the word means. Beautified or beautiful in the sight of Him who provides and desires the true beauty of the inner man.

I would not berate Nang! I have respect for her.

Truster

I would not berate Nang! I have respect for her.

There is a great deal of emphasis placed on the word respect, but respect in and of itself is cheap. What people need, families need, villages and towns need, what society needs is loyalty. Once there is loyalty there will always be respect. But where respect is found there will not always be loyalty. Respect is the fruit of loyalty.

Nang is being loyal to her Maker and her spirit and the Spirit will grant peace to her soul.

bybee

There is a great deal of emphasis placed on the word respect, but respect in and of itself is cheap. What people need, families need, villages and towns need, what society needs is loyalty. Once there is loyalty there will always be respect. But where respect is found there will not always be loyalty. Respect is the fruit of loyalty.

Nang is being loyal to her Maker and her spirit and the Spirit will grant peace to her soul.

I believe I shall crown you with the title of "King of one-upsmanship".
If there is a way to find fault you will find it!

Truster

I believe I shall crown you with the title of "King of one-upsmanship".
If there is a way to find fault you will find it!

You consider the purveyor of truth to be displaying ''one-upmanship that is clear. What is it you find so attractive in the purveyor of error and lies?

The greatest responsibility I have is to correct error and the biggest opposition I have is from people who think they have the truth and have been following the lie for many years.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Calvin was militant? New to me, but I am Reformed. It is only others who label me "Calvinist."

Calvin endorsed murdering RCC's murdering their objectors. I call it militant.

And you are his follower, your Lord is not Jesus, it is Calvin.

Sorry, but I cannot deny my election. I have great assurance of my being a spiritual child of God. Nothing or no one will ever convince me otherwise.

I know. so sad and you call yourself a Christian. Jesus is the one who elect, not yourselves.

Strong trust in the saving grace of God is not arrogance . . . It is just a relentless and unswerving witness to the mercy and goodness of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

You make up your own definition of grace. Grace is that we will be forgiven if we repent even though we don't deserve it.

Denial of and refusal to acknowledge this Triune Godhead, is the wicked spirit of anti-Christ.

:p

Another arrogant statement. Jesus did not teach Triune, you Trinitarians did.

Jesus did not say even once said "I am God". And you make up doctrine not even Jesus did not mention one time.

How tragedy. You are no different from RCC whom you despise. They make up their own doctrines and so do you.

You guys put me on ignore because I speak simple and clear truth and you cannot refute any of it.

bybee

Calvin endorsed murdering RCC's murdering their objectors. I call it militant.

And you are his follower, your Lord is not Jesus, it is Calvin.

I know. so sad and you call yourself a Christian. Jesus is the one who elect, not yourselves.

You make up your own definition of grace. Grace is that we will be forgiven if we repent even though we don't deserve it.

Another arrogant statement. Jesus did not teach Triune, you Trinitarians did.

Jesus did not say even once said "I am God". And you make up doctrine not even Jesus did not mention one time.

How tragedy. You are no different from RCC whom you despise. They make up their own doctrines and so do you.

You guys put me on ignore because I speak simple and clear truth and you cannot refute any of it.

Speaking of arrogant statements! Your overstuffed melon-head just reeks of smug-self-righteousness and arrogance!
You have, also, made up your own doctrine and bow down before the altar of your own devising!
You have crowned yourself with iniquity and judgmentalism.

My goodness! You need to give your gall bladder a rest!

But still, BLESSINGS YOU TWIT!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Speaking of arrogant statements! Your overstuffed melon-head just reeks of smug-self-righteousness and arrogance!
You have, also, made up your own doctrine and bow down before the altar of your own devising!

Another, incoherent comment.

blessings.

Truster

If you really understood how blessed I am by that statement you would bite the buttons off your keyboard.

Now this man can say in all sincerity and without guile, by grace and through trust….bless you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you really understood how blessed I am by that statement you would bite the buttons off your keyboard.

Now this man can say in all sincerity and without guile, by grace and through trust….bless you.

You are so deeply deceived. so sad. Everything I said to Nang goes for you too.

blessings, you need badly.

Brother Vinny

I love it how "blessings" can be used in so many varied ways.

I tend to try to bless people through my actions. Truster had some small issue with the TOL interface a while back; I did my best to bless him with the knowledge he needed to properly use said interface.

It doesn't strike me as much of a blessing if you say "blessings" at the tail end of saying some of the meanest things imaginable. "Hi, I'm right, you're going to hell, you're a friend of the devil, and I'm probably going to put you on Ignore. Blessings!"

bybee

I don't understand but Amen!

bybee

I love it how "blessings" can be used in so many varied ways.

I tend to try to bless people through my actions. Truster had some small issue with the TOL interface a while back; I did my best to bless him with the knowledge he needed to properly use said interface.

It doesn't strike me as much of a blessing if you say "blessings" at the tail end of saying some of the meanest things imaginable. "Hi, I'm right, you're going to hell, you're a friend of the devil, and I'm probably going to put you on Ignore. Blessings!"

That is an ongoing ploy of Meshak! You are correct. I thought perhaps if I held up a mirror she would see what she is doing.
My blessing to her is about as sincere as her blessings to me.