My Ignored List

journey

Claimers are not saints. You can continue to call them saints, but that does not mean they are. Therein lies the problem...a complete lack of discernment. If you can't tell a wolf because of his sheep's contume, you are lacking discernment. Check the tail....check the teeth....look for the big eyes.

I agree completely - discernment is the key. However, we have several extremes at work here:

1 - Accepting a person as a brother or sister in Christ without a hint that they are one.

2 - Rejecting a person as a brother or sister in Christ who has shown evidence that they are one. Some seem to make almost magic judgments with no information at all as if they are God. Sadly, some will reject one who isn't a Calvinist, regardless of what evidence they've shown.

The middle ground between the extremes is the wise one. Truly born-again Christians are members of many denominations, but we're all members of the Body of Christ. This is our common denominator and the basis for our fellowship.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Trustor, is he your husband nang

I hardly know Truster, and my husband's name is Jim.

I don't worship either of them . . .

I worship only the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Such is silly and hysterical posting, on your part, IMO.

Knock it off . . .

It is a waste of time to have to respond to such nonsensical and ignorant accusations.

journey

Has Lon asked for forgiveness? And what has he asked forgiveness for?

I have checked back, and do not see this language or petition from Lon, but perhaps I have missed it.

What I have responded to thus far, is his desire I be disciplined for warning him about the dangers of worshiping with Arminians, under their wrong teachings.

Of course I would forgive Lon for repenting of and asking forgiveness from such.

But honestly, I have not found that petition.

What I find upon review, is erroneous thinking from Lon that he finds no fault in worshipping with those who hold to a false gospel.

That I dare not condone . . .

The Gospel of the Grace of God is NOT a false Gospel. It's the Gospel that the Apostle Paul preached.

Romans 10:8-17 KJV But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Galatians 1:6-12 KJV I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

dreadknought

Trustor, is he your husband nang
I did not make a mistake tonight, altering my ignore list to read what's going on. Painful to see, and I'm a man. Painful, because J & R are my friends and they honor God. You A4T, have not. You have proven why you are on a ignore list.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree completely - discernment is the key. However, we have several extremes at work here:

1 - Accepting a person as a brother or sister in Christ without a hint that they are one.

2 - Rejecting a person as a brother or sister in Christ who has shown evidence that they are one. Some seem to make almost magic judgments with no information at all as if they are God. Sadly, some will reject one who isn't a Calvinist, regardless of what evidence they've shown.

The middle ground between the extremes is the wise one. Truly born-again Christians are members of many denominations, but we're all members of the Body of Christ. This is our common denominator and the basis for our fellowship.

Amen!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The ONLY Calvinistic point that, at least sounds legitimate; is
the belief that, Once one is saved and in the body of Christ,
they cannot lose that position! However, the Calvinists
believe that, for the wrong reason!

Calvinists believe that God, "choose" whom He would save,
before the foundation of the world! The elect they speak of!
The rest are lost according to them! The truth is, God's
mercy, forgiveness, and eternal life are offered to, all that
will place their faith in Christ as their Savior!

Furthermore, once one has placed their faith in Christ, and
are in His body, they cannot lose that position for any
reason! Christ is in them, and they are in Christ! (His body)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The ONLY Calvinistic point that, at least sounds legitimate; is
the belief that, Once one is saved and in the body of Christ,
they cannot lose that position! However, the Calvinists
believe that, for the wrong reason!

Calvinists believe that God, "choose" whom He would save,
before the foundation of the world! The elect they speak of!
The rest are lost according to them! The truth is, God's
mercy, forgiveness, and eternal life are offered to, all that
will place their faith in Christ as their Savior!

Furthermore, once one has placed their faith in Christ, and
are in His body, they cannot lose that position for any
reason! Christ is in them, and they are in Christ! (His body)

And another problem is that the hard Calvinist cannot be sure that he is truly elect until he has persevered and endured until the end of this life.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And another problem is that the hard Calvinist cannot be sure that he is truly elect until he has persevered and endured until the end of this life.

What do you define a "hard" Calvinist to be?

I am of the a Reformed faith. Others label me as a Calvinist and sometimes insult me by calling me a Hyper-Calvinist.

I consider such name-calling on their behalf to be their problem, but I can honestly confess before all on TOL and before my Savior that I am greatly assured of my election and that your statement above is simply untrue.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What man?

Calvin.

You Calvinists are the most militant, arrogant Christians like your leader Calvin.

Jesus is the judge of our salvation, not you nor any trins. Your arrogance is vivid by claiming you are the elect.

Arrogance is anti-Christ spirit.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Calvin.

You Calvinists are the most militant, arrogant Christians like your leader Calvin.

Jesus is the judge of our salvation, not you nor any trins. Your arrogance is vivid by claiming you are the elect.

Lol

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Calvin.

Calvin was militant? New to me, but I am Reformed. It is only others who label me "Calvinist."

Sorry, but I cannot deny my election. I have great assurance of my being a spiritual child of God. Nothing or no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Strong trust in the saving grace of God is not arrogance . . . It is just a relentless and unswerving witness to the mercy and goodness of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Denial of and refusal to acknowledge this Triune Godhead, is the wicked spirit of anti-Christ.

:p

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calvin.

Do not confuse intra-mural and often heated discussions among like-minded persons as militancy. Intellectual pretensions should be exposed and its rhetoric is to be met with equal and opposite force.

No matter how desperately you may try, your denial of the Trinity gives you no seat at the table of the faithful. Moreover, the arrogance you cavil against is in full bloom by your own words. Lastly, your ignorance of Calvinism only compounds it.

Beam. Eye. Remove it.

AMR

Lon

Has Lon asked for forgiveness? And what has he asked forgiveness for?

I have checked back, and do not see this language or petition from Lon, but perhaps I have missed it.

What I have responded to thus far, is his desire I be disciplined for warning him about the dangers of worshiping with Arminians, under their wrong teachings.

Of course I would forgive Lon for repenting of and asking forgiveness from such.

But honestly, I have not found that petition.

What I find upon review, is erroneous thinking from Lon that he finds no fault in worshipping with those who hold to a false gospel.

I 'think' I'm being called out of the Southern Baptist Convention by you? Is this the only reason I need to ask for forgiveness? For saying "no?"

I cannot apologize for this. Nang, your view has cast aspersion I do not share. We will need to go our separate ways over the matter.

This is a serious charge against the Body of Christ on a doctrinal level beyond your discerning level or authority. It is not for lay person's to make such a claim and is reserved for and by councils and denominations. I don't believe any Reformed councils allow for such strong language and I oppose it. Such is Truster's accusations as well. Laypersons should not be making these doctrinal pronouncements ( and they/you actually, cannot).

I must oppose what I believe is false and you must oppose what you believe is false. On the matters previously discussed, I believe you wrong and undiscerning as does my Southern Baptist Convention, as related to non-Calvinist fellowship. They are gracious to fellowship with us, as much or more than we them. We historically are not the easiest people to get along with. We are at the point where posturing is done and I don't see a way beyond this.

I especially cannot stand with you when you've called fellow believers on TOL subpar and sublight. I assert some of them are better than you and I, probably put together but we stand in Christ so there is no Jew or Greek. I think my church convention has this exactly right. I can't move or budge from that stance. These who have been hurt by such a horrendous doctrine would be disserviced by an apology from me, on this particular matter. I believe and assert, they and my convention are correct.

It is your and Student's lack of discernment and fickle following of silver-tongue that is the cause of this particular horrid mess. Truster is a false-accuser. Truster is a false-prophet following his inner spiritual voices and revelations. AMR said exactly right that the only present revelation we have is God's Word standardized between every believer. Any special pleading is outside the camp.

You and Student have been blind and ignorant to align yourselves with this man. He is frankly, unworthy of such honor or praise. I think you both take his offense as your own and such has a noble aspect to it but such, for me, is treason. He seems too bloody in the teeth for a believer. Truster has been too free and loose with special revelation and self-import to imagine he's humbled himself under any local Body and even by his admissions. I do not judge his soul here, but by his actions and accusations he does appear to savor the taste of sheep blood.

That either of you excuse or overlook such detestable behavior, and worse yet, align with it and even draw your own bloody swaths, is indicative to me that you will have a lot to answer for. Because it is against my denomination and even your harsh statement regarding Arminians in false-gospel against my understanding of councils, I must oppose. Because it has cut those in this forum, representative of a Body that is most worthy, I must stand firm for their sakes and affirmations. It is both church stance and my own convictions.

God will judge rightly between us. We both will surely stand before Him for His righteousness or our own self-righteousness

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well said, Lon. Your irenic stance is always appreciated and one we would all do well to emulate.

"False gospel" is a serious charge and one I would not toss about without careful consideration. That there are serious differences between Arminians and Calvinists is indisputable. But when someone says "false gospel" they are now claiming the followers of such are accursed. This is much like the rhetoric of those outsidethecamp folks and a few individuals that we occasionally run into here and about (names withheld to protect the guilty). Theirs is a minority position and quite a divisive one at that.

You have weathered the storm admirably, Lon. I doubt I could have done the same. My hat is off to you, brother.

AMR

chairistotle

I 'think' I'm being called out of the Southern Baptist Convention by you? Is this the only reason I need to ask for forgiveness? For saying "no?"

I cannot apologize for this. Nang, your view has cast aspersion I do not share. We will need to go our separate ways over the matter.

My understanding is the SBC is returning to its reformed roots. I know of a couple SBC churches here that teach Sovereign Grace unabashedly.

This is a serious charge against the Body of Christ on a doctrinal level beyond your discerning level or authority. It is not for lay person's to make such a claim and is reserved for and by councils and denominations. I don't believe any Reformed councils allow for such strong language and I oppose it. Such is Truster's accusations as well. Laypersons should not be making these doctrinal pronouncements ( and they/you actually, cannot).

I must oppose what I believe is false and you must oppose what you believe is false. On the matters previously discussed, I believe you wrong and undiscerning as does my Southern Baptist Convention, as related to non-Calvinist fellowship. They are gracious to fellowship with us, as much or more than we them. We historically are not the easiest people to get along with. We are at the point where posturing is done and I don't see a way beyond this.

I especially cannot stand with you when you've called fellow believers on TOL subpar and sublight. I assert some of them are better than you and I, probably put together but we stand in Christ so there is no Jew or Greek. I think my church convention has this exactly right. I can't move or budge from that stance. These who have been hurt by such a horrendous doctrine would be disserviced by an apology from me, on this particular matter. I believe and assert, they and my convention are correct.

It is your and Student's lack of discernment and fickle following of silver-tongue that is the cause of this particular horrid mess. Truster is a false-accuser. Truster is a false-prophet following his inner spiritual voices and revelations. AMR said exactly right that the only present revelation we have is God's Word standardized between every believer. Any special pleading is outside the camp.

You and Student have been blind and ignorant to align yourselves with this man. He is frankly, unworthy of such honor or praise. I think you both take his offense as your own and such has a noble aspect to it but such, for me, is treason. He seems too bloody in the teeth for a believer. Truster has been too free and loose with special revelation and self-import to imagine he's humbled himself under any local Body and even by his admissions. I do not judge his soul here, but by his actions and accusations he does appear to savor the taste of sheep blood.

That either of you excuse or overlook such detestable behavior, and worse yet, align with it and even draw your own bloody swaths, is indicative to me that you will have a lot to answer for. Because it is against my denomination and even your harsh statement regarding Arminians in false-gospel against my understanding of councils, I must oppose. Because it has cut those in this forum, representative of a Body that is most worthy, I must stand firm for their sakes and affirmations. It is both church stance and my own convictions.

God will judge rightly between us. We both will surely stand before Him for His righteousness or our own self-righteousness

Yup.